Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dim Tellor Twitter Rant

by Mike Hunt » 15 Sep 2013 17:54

No really a rant is it mate...

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 15 Sep 2013 17:59

Calling out a fan (incorrectly) and wanting to talk about it offline, that's pretty rantish.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Sep 2013 18:00

Dellor gets it in the neck every week for never asking the questions the fans want answers to. He's never been the same after upsetting Rodgers and the club.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 15 Sep 2013 18:04

He spends all afternoon saying how we haven't improved in certain areas, how we should have done more in the transfer market, sold two before the deadline and clearly had money to use but didn't use it.. but he wont put his opinion across when he gets the opportunity to. He obviously got a ticking off after RodgersGate and now does exactly what he's told by RFC and gets arsey about it when he gets it in the neck each week from the fans who think he bottles the big questions.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 15 Sep 2013 18:06

It's not an easy job and I have been critical in the past but why don't BBCRB ask Ady Williams to do the post match? He is far more knowledgeable about the game and does not fall into Dellor's habit of trying to answers the question himself before giving the interviewee the chance. It happened just about every time last year with BmD.
Last edited by Haag Royal on 15 Sep 2013 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 15 Sep 2013 18:06

I am the person in question! I hadn't tweeted him for a couple of weeks either!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 Sep 2013 18:09

Either way the point remains. He bottles the big questions.

I don't know why anyone bothers to listen to the staged bloody circus that is a post match interview. I've seen more sincerity spoken by 'professional wrestlers'.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Sep 2013 18:58

Dellor gets a tough time leave the guy alone FFS.

He is 100% spot on about everything he says and broadcasts that fearlessly. Why he doesnt ask certain Qs is probably due to him wanting to keep his job.

No point knocking the poor guy, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Infinite respect to him for the Rodgers bashing.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 Sep 2013 19:01

2 world wars, 1 world cup Infinite respect to him for the Rodgers bashing.

This much is true.

And you are right, if he asks the questions he loses his job. Circus. Q.E.D.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Sep 2013 19:03

2 world wars, 1 world cup Dellor gets a tough time leave the guy alone FFS.

He is 100% spot on about everything he says and broadcasts that fearlessly. Why he doesnt ask certain Qs is probably due to him wanting to keep his job.

No point knocking the poor guy, I'm sure he has his reasons.

Infinite respect to him for the Rodgers bashing.

Hi Tim,

Keep up the good work

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Sep 2013 19:03

PS wrong section by the way .... :arrow:

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 15 Sep 2013 19:18

My point with Dellor is that he poses questions and then doesn't ask them. If you're not going to ask the question then don't bring it up. Rodgers wasn't media savvy enough to handle him but he can't do the same to Nigel.
People contact the show with points and questions and he is in a position to put these questions to the management/players.
He is also employed by a publicly funded corporation.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Sep 2013 19:40

Christ, Dellor supporters exist. I thought I was the only one. :D

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2013 20:01

No, not at all!

He blows the opposition local stations coverage away

And IS a Reading fan

Rax

by Rax » 15 Sep 2013 20:12

+1

He's a fan - so kudos for that!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 15 Sep 2013 20:17

I love Dellor, but he has annoyed me a bit with the way he really does not like the Adkins regime.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Sep 2013 20:19

Didn't realise Tim Nice But Dim was on twitter. This could be fun.........

Really should develop bigger balls and call the club's bluff re asking more pointed questions in interviews. Despite the image that they like to project, RFC really do need to keep the local media on board at this level and can't afford to alienate them with 'Hound-like' bans for merely doing their job properly.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2013 20:22

(MH) I think that you will find that his "bias" leaning away from the Adkins regime is purely due to his friendship and ability to interview MaccyD comfortably, whilst Nigel has an abrasive nature during cross examination.

Make your own mind up...but it IS the ONLY local coverage that we have

fruits

by fruits » 15 Sep 2013 20:53

Tim is in a very difficult position.IF he asks really tough questions, RFC report him to the BBC he joins the ranks of the unemployed. RFC I suppose could cancel the deal to relay matches,or not allow post match interviews. We have to remember RFC are very much on the backfoot at the moment , we have a crap team,millions of GBP´S have come into the club, but not a penny has been spent on new players. Whatever anyone says the fans were lied to about new players on several occasions in order to boost season ticket sales. The wording may have been very clever using modal verbs, conditional tenses ; but at the end of the day FANS WERE LIED TO. It pains me to say this but it is true.

I think Tim is great, he loves his sport in general and RFC in particular. He probably received a warning about the Rodgers interview and was told any repeat and he could ask for his P45. With a young family he now feels he has to toe the party line.The same would apply to Ade Williams or Uncle Tom Cobbly. The club as I said is on the backfoot ,the last 17 months or so has been a disaster in playing terms,PR terms and just about any other terms.

If we don´t sign anyone in the loan market ,I can see NA going . He inherited a poor team the majority of the players are not capable of playing football his way, why should he change his style which has brought him so much success? Give him money to bring in players he knows and that he thinks can play his way, get rid of players who cannot play a passing system. I was very underwhelmed by the summer signings, I do not like players like Drenthe they cause problems wherever they play. Williams the jury is still out and Bridge should be ok. I am sure Drenthe was hoisted on NA by the Russian , who probably enjoys mixing with Drenthe type characters.

The Pog situation is a disgrace pay the bastard off even if it costs millions the guy is either a clown, mad or just staying for the money.He makes Bikey appear normal. Getting rid of "Sicknote" Kebe and his brother "Sicknote" Carrico were steps in the right direction. The Jason Roberts situation is another running sore, he says he is weeks away from playing the club says months. Even if he is ready by Christmas, it will be Easter before he will be ready to contribute anything. Get him off the payroll and get someone who can play NOW not in nine months.

At this rate RFC will be playing in an empty stadium in Division 1.

143 posts