Injury table and expected return....

505 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury table and expected return....

by maffff » 25 Oct 2013 11:37

winchester_royal P.S. It's pretty impressive we've managed to nick Saints' head of stength and conditioning. Won't have come cheap...

Indeed!

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Oct 2013 11:22

Drenthre and Williams didn't look injured when they were celebrating our 97th winner against Leeds

Yet it's claimed their injury came from that game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Oct 2013 11:32

Wycombe Royal The club seem to be a lot more secretive about injuries with Adkins now in charge. Even with Karacan they were very stingy with the information given.

It's quite clear that Adkins is behind this increased secrecy and everyone is acting under his instructions. He sounded very peed off when Dellor said that McCarthy had told him that he had a slight knee ligament strain. He said something along the lines of: 'We don't talk about those sort of things we just say that he has a knee injury of some sort'.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 26 Oct 2013 11:48

TBM Drenthre and Williams didn't look injured when they were celebrating our 97th winner against Leeds

The extent of injuries don't always become apparent until a longer period of time after it is sustained. Drenthe got his injury in the first half and at one point signalled that he wanted to be substituted. However he carried for the rest of the match. The injury was an impact injury to the top of his foot so it could be that he broke a metatarsel bone......not sure if you could play on with that though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Oct 2013 12:35

Wycombe Royal
TBM Drenthre and Williams didn't look injured when they were celebrating our 97th winner against Leeds

The extent of injuries don't always become apparent until a longer period of time after it is sustained. Drenthe got his injury in the first half and at one point signalled that he wanted to be substituted. However he carried for the rest of the match. The injury was an impact injury to the top of his foot so it could be that he broke a metatarsel bone......not sure if you could play on with that though.

I've had an impact injury to the top of my foot. Came off straight away because I'm a pussy. Bit sore through the week, went to training on thursday, felt fine until i volleyed the ball and fell over with a scream of pain. I got told I had damaged the cartilage and should keep off it as much as possible for 6 weeks by a doctor. So I can see it as quite believable he played throu the to start with, especially with that pain numbing spray. And it's only become apparent afterwards what the knock is.

As has been said, better to let it heal than give injections. Especially with Obita doing ok, McAnuff back and HRK and McCleary performing well.

Same with Williams. When he's back we may see more three in the middle a d one up, but for now we're good with baird and two up.

TheWhisper

by TheWhisper » 29 Oct 2013 08:29

Did any of the players returning from injury take oart in the open training session yesterday?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Oct 2013 08:32

I believe Sharp did. Don't know about the rest.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 29 Oct 2013 12:48

Yet it's claimed their injury came from that celebration.

Edited for you...

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 29 Oct 2013 13:39

TheWhisper Did any of the players returning from injury take oart in the open training session yesterday?

Billy Sharp did take part.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Oct 2013 13:43

Were you there? Drenthe was waving to come off. He was kept on and seemed to be OK, but hasn't played since.

Both could make it back next week says Morrison, but neither trained yesterday.. I think next week is hopeful.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 29 Oct 2013 14:52

Yeah, but what about Kebe?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Oct 2013 17:09

McCarthy and Sharp are expected to be involved on Saturday in some way or other. The others are all likely to have to retire....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Oct 2013 19:16

Bridge is a doubt apparently.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Oct 2013 23:02

SPARTA

Were you there? Drenthe was waving to come off. He was kept on and seemed to be OK, but hasn't played since.

Both could make it back next week says Morrison, but neither trained yesterday.. I think next week is hopeful.

I seem to remember his foot got stamped on, he went off for a bit and was hobbling for the rest of the game. I didn't see what happened to Williams though.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Oct 2013 23:25

Royal Ginger
I seem to remember his foot got stamped on, he went off for a bit and was hobbling for the rest of the game. I didn't see what happened to Williams though.

Adkins said it was a case of "welcome to the championship" when he spoke about the Drenthe and Williams injuries so with that as a clue I'm going to guess he pulled something..

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Nov 2013 15:42

Re Drenthe - the rumours on this thread are bollox, Drenthe is back in training, continuing to work hard on his fitness, and hopes to be back 'soon.'

Source: Royston Drenthe.

Seems a top, top bloke, very open, honest and level-headed.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Nov 2013 17:14

Yes, both Drenthe and Williams are thought will be ok to be involved in some way for the QPR game next week.

So that'll just leave Karacan, Roberts and Leigertwood I think.

And perhaps Wayne Bridge as it seems he plays a game then misses one etc. do wish we had a proper left back to cover him.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Nov 2013 21:59

@TomProspect 42m
@charles_watts Any reason why the club are keeping quiet on Drenthe's return? Player now confirmed himself he's "back" and ready for Sat

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 06 Nov 2013 22:02

Sanguine Re Drenthe - the rumours on this thread are bollox, Drenthe is back in training, continuing to work hard on his fitness, and hopes to be back 'soon.'

Source: Royston Drenthe.

Seems a top, top bloke, very open, honest and level-headed.

Exactly - I got rinsed on here for repeating what he said. He said he would be in the squad for the Wednesday game. So who was my spy to doubt him :roll: (and prob was at the same place you saw him :wink: )

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Nov 2013 22:04

He's confirmed he's fit for Saturday now. No word from the club though, only Williams being fit again.

505 posts