The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by blueroyals » 03 Nov 2013 12:27

MR. CYNICAL One of the strongest squads in the league?
Not on yesterdays showing, more like one of the worst defences!!

Bet you weren't saying that when we conceded 1 goal in 4 games!

Some people are unbelievable. We're 5th in the table for fcuks sake. We were in the relegation zone this time 2 years ago and still won the league. Get a grip!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Nov 2013 12:31

MR. CYNICAL One of the strongest squads in the league?
Not on yesterdays showing, more like one of the worst defences!!

:|

We were poor collectively yesterday, but that doesn't change the fact we have plenty of individuals who are more than capable of competing at the top end of this division.

We're 5th ffs. There'll be plenty of good days, and a fair share of bad days, still to come before the end of the season. This board is up and down more than a bar maid's knickers at the moment.

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 03 Nov 2013 12:46

Not been entertained by any game i've seen yet this season, so can't see how it's going to get any better.
No evidence yet of the exciting, attacking football we were promised before the season ticket renewal deadline had passed.
It's the club that gave us these expectations. Will be surprised if we stay in the top six to be honest.
Come back and slate me if we do.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 03 Nov 2013 12:59

Nigel's been pretty unlucky in the injury department. He's doing fine, we're 5th which I'd take at the end of the season.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Nov 2013 13:07

Lets judge him when we have a fully fit squad.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 03 Nov 2013 13:19

St. Brynjar Nigel's been pretty unlucky in the injury department. He's doing fine, we're 5th which I'd take at the end of the season.

I'd take 6th and be very grateful. This is a very inconsistent league. Quite often a side can lose 10 games and will promotion, more even, so the play-offs are very much a possibility, BUT you can forget top two. No chance in hell this season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 03 Nov 2013 13:55

One8Seven1 I'd take 6th and be very grateful. This is a very inconsistent league. Quite often a side can lose 10 games and will promotion, more even, so the play-offs are very much a possibility, BUT you can forget top two. No chance in hell this season.

Why would you take 6th and be grateful? This league is rubbish. Burnley are currently streaming well clear of us having already defeated us comfortably. Their manager has only been in post 5 months longer than Adkins has. He had to sell his best goalscorer. He doesn't have the luxury of parachute payments. Yet he's hugely outperforming Adkins.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 03 Nov 2013 14:50

floyd__streete
One8Seven1 I'd take 6th and be very grateful. This is a very inconsistent league. Quite often a side can lose 10 games and will promotion, more even, so the play-offs are very much a possibility, BUT you can forget top two. No chance in hell this season.

Why would you take 6th and be grateful? This league is rubbish. Burnley are currently streaming well clear of us having already defeated us comfortably. Their manager has only been in post 5 months longer than Adkins has. He had to sell his best goalscorer. He doesn't have the luxury of parachute payments. Yet he's hugely outperforming Adkins.

Becuase sometimes things just click. Next year it will be the turn of a different team.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Nov 2013 14:51

We can get our club back when Adkins is sacked.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Nov 2013 15:03

LoyalRoyalFan We can get our club back when Adkins is sacked.

By appointing who????

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 03 Nov 2013 15:25

LoyalRoyal22

By appointing who????

Di Canio would be an excellent choice.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Nov 2013 16:03

Lacoste
LoyalRoyal22

By appointing who????

Di Canio would be an excellent choice.

No bites this time pal.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 03 Nov 2013 16:07

Jesus guys whats all this Adkins hate, thought that was normally reserved for the chosen player ?? I think you need to start looking beyond NA, there was a lot of speculation when he took the job that our wealthy owner would "splash the cash" on players who fit the Adkins mould for style of play, but here we are yet again with having to go with what we have and that clearly was nowhere good enough last season.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Nov 2013 16:13

One8Seven1 Why would Adkins walk, we're 5th in the table for Christ's sake!

If the ownership situation proves to be a problem, as many are concerned it is or it is becoming, and next summer see's us starting to sell our top players to balance the books, then and only then can I possibly see Adkins feeling it may be time to jump a sinking ship. He could then claim the club broke several promises etc, and leave with his reputation still in tact.

If Madejski is in full control again, then he certainly wont sack Nigel Adkins. He didn't want to sack Brendan Rodgers - that was Nigel Howe's call. Madejski would see Adkins as the ideal man to take the club forward and bring through the kids as we sell one or two big earners each summer to reduce the vast wage bill (by SJM's standards) and fill that annual black hole until a new new owner is found.

For me Adkins is a top manager at this level and the longer he is here the better.

At last, some sense.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Nov 2013 16:14

MR. CYNICAL Not been entertained by any game i've seen yet this season, so can't see how it's going to get any better.
No evidence yet of the exciting, attacking football we were promised before the season ticket renewal deadline had passed.
It's the club that gave us these expectations. Will be surprised if we stay in the top six to be honest.
Come back and slate me if we do.

Noted

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 03 Nov 2013 16:29

floyd__streete

Why don't you tell me, Floyd? You have criticised just about everything so far this season; do you still feel amongst all that criticism that we are a top six side? From what I've seen so far, and I've seen almost every game, we have little to no chance of finishing in the top two, and finishing in the top six will take some doing, so yes, I'd take 6th right now and feel quite fortunate at the same time.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Nov 2013 16:38

howser Jesus guys whats all this Adkins hate, thought that was normally reserved for the chosen player ?? I think you need to start looking beyond NA, there was a lot of speculation when he took the job that our wealthy owner would "splash the cash" on players who fit the Adkins mould for style of play, but here we are yet again with having to go with what we have and that clearly was nowhere good enough last season.

Not sure but it might have something to do with him being a smug, perma-tanned tw@t who can never give a straight, honest or indeed any answer to questions he is asked. Whilst I feel sorry for him in a way given the absence of the owner but he really isn't helping himself right now and he just isn't connecting with people.
Last edited by sandman on 03 Nov 2013 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Nov 2013 16:56

Ugh.. you make me sick.. 5th in a ferociously competitive league and looking a strong option to finish in the top 6 yet you complain.. go support Chelsea.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Nov 2013 17:04

The lack of a meaningful connection between NA and the fans will prove to be his undoing if performances start to consistently deteriate. It's not necessarily his fault, it was always going to be difficult coming into a club with which you'd been rivals with 12 months earlier. Even I, someone most will consider to be an Adkins apologist, don't feel as much affection for him as I did for Bri while he was here.

The sad thing is he's widely regarded down here as really nice guy. It's just difficult to love a guy who's so self-assured. We like our shy, humble, retiring, balding, and maybe even slightly dumpy managers at RFC.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 03 Nov 2013 17:09

One8Seven1 Why would Adkins walk, we're 5th in the table for Christ's sake!

If the ownership situation proves to be a problem, as many are concerned it is or it is becoming, and next summer see's us starting to sell our top players to balance the books, then and only then can I possibly see Adkins feeling it may be time to jump a sinking ship. He could then claim the club broke several promises etc, and leave with his reputation still in tact.

If Madejski is in full control again, then he certainly wont sack Nigel Adkins. He didn't want to sack Brendan Rodgers - that was Nigel Howe's call. Madejski would see Adkins as the ideal man to take the club forward and bring through the kids as we sell one or two big earners each summer to reduce the vast wage bill (by SJM's standards) and fill that annual black hole until a new new owner is found.

For me Adkins is a top manager at this level and the longer he is here the better.

Top post!

361 posts