BFTG QPR

217 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: BFTG QPR

by winchester_royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:26

Pepe the Horseman :|

'Greed.

The amount of h8 he gets is ridiculous, rarely puts a foot wrong and offers a threat going forward.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 09 Nov 2013 17:44

loyalroyal4life
windermere_royal why did Gunter jump out of the way of the free kick? was the ball too muddy and didn`t want to get his shirt dirty?

Gunter is awful, if we had one person who could actually put in a decent whipped ball every so often we would be doing pretty well

What? Gunter was one of our best players today winning virtually all the one-on-ones with their winger. Pog gets better and better and seemed involved in everything. McCarthy made some great saves (but so did Green!) but, as so many have said, his kicking was woeful and my heart is in my mouth every time the ball is passed back to him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:46

winchester_royal

'Greed.

The amount of h8 he gets is ridiculous, rarely puts a foot wrong and offers a threat going forward.

He's played pretty well at times, but really? Rarely puts a foot wrong?! He drops at least a couple of clangers most games. Didn't see any today mind. But he's only a contender for PotS if Morrison, Guthrie and Bridge are excluded for some reason.

Like everyone, needs to improve his crossing. It's all well and good hitting it well, but it doesn't matter if it goes no where near a Reading player.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Nov 2013 17:47

Another game which can be best be summed up by the ' :| ' emoticon.

The only real talking points are two ridiculous Adkins decisions; no left back cover means we have Kelly struggling in that position now for two months & a treble substitution in the 89th minute.....ridiculous.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:50

floyd__streete Another game which can be best be summed up by the ' :| ' emoticon.

The only real talking points are two ridiculous Adkins decisions; no left back cover means we have Kelly struggling in that position now for two months & a treble substitution in the 89th minute.....ridiculous.

Surely that's superb against the mighty QPR who had the division sewn up a month ago. :wink:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Nov 2013 17:51

Bacon baps in the jazz cafe were good. Little else really lived up to that standard.

I thought QPR might take us apart in the early stages, but it was fairly even after that.

I still watch every game almost unable to believe how bad we are off the ball. When we break so few players know where to run to create an option for a pass.

It results in a large number of attacks breaking down because a player either plays a "no option" desperate pass that's easily intercepted, or players just run down blind alleys until they lose the ball.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 09 Nov 2013 17:51

Both halves followed pretty similar pattern - started very wobbly and nearly conceded a couple, then worked our way into the game before weakening again. We should've done more when on top in the first half and it was a decent save that prevented us from going 2 up.

I don't know what the hell was going on with setting up defensively for Barton's free kick. Morrison was asking the bench how many to put in the wall - why wasn't Alex telling him? I could tell from where I was sat it wasn't lined up properly and that Alex wouldn't see the ball until it was far too late.

For all the work Pog puts in these days he undoes the good work by not knowing when to release the ball.

Assou-Ekotto the man of the match.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Nov 2013 17:54

Ian Royal
winchester_royal

'Greed.

He's played pretty well at times, but really? Rarely puts a foot wrong?! He drops at least a couple of clangers most games. Didn't see any today mind. But he's only a contender for PotS if Morrison, Guthrie and Bridge are excluded for some reason.

Like everyone, needs to improve his crossing. It's all well and good hitting it well, but it doesn't matter if it goes no where near a Reading player.

Define 'clangers'. He hits the odd missed placed pass, for sure, and defensively last season he was found out at the top level but this season he's been as solid as any defender we've got.

Kebe's apprentice

by Kebe's apprentice » 09 Nov 2013 18:01

Fair result. I thought HRK and Pog linked well today. Don't understand why the substitutions were made so late. Hope Guthrie's injury is not serious.
Also, we are so bad at Throw ins. We cannot create space when we have a throw, and fail to mark players when the opposition have a throw.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:09

tmesis Bacon baps in the jazz cafe were good. Little else really lived up to that standard.

I thought QPR might take us apart in the early stages, but it was fairly even after that.

I still watch every game almost unable to believe how bad we are off the ball. When we break so few players know where to run to create an option for a pass.

It results in a large number of attacks breaking down because a player either plays a "no option" desperate pass that's easily intercepted, or players just run down blind alleys until they lose the ball.

Fair comment actually.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:12

winchester_royal
Ian Royal
winchester_royal

Define 'clangers'. He hits the odd missed placed pass, for sure, and defensively last season he was found out at the top level but this season he's been as solid as any defender we've got.

Not getting close enough to his man and allowing easy crosses in, tripping over the ball and losing it, passing straight at the opposition and setting up counter-attacks for them.

Seen 'em all. Some of them mulitple times.

Like I said, mostly he plays well though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Nov 2013 18:12

Kebe's apprentice Fair result. I thought HRK and Pog linked well today. Don't understand why the substitutions were made so late. Hope Guthrie's injury is not serious.
Also, we are so bad at Throw ins. We cannot create space when we have a throw, and fail to mark players when the opposition have a throw.

Also absolutely spot on. Although McCleary's goal actually came from a throw in initially.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 09 Nov 2013 18:23

JR
Irvinchangeyaname
Cureton's Volley Barton cleaned Pog out just after his yellow, and nothing from the ref.

Also:

Clear stamp.

Are you taking the mick?!!!!

That is really good banter from Barton. I hope you're not being serious.

I laughed at this, so did the commentators, it was banter..they're mates/old team mates. Nothing serious about this what so ever

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 09 Nov 2013 18:33

Good game and an acceptible result. They could have scored loads in the first few minutes so to go in all square was good. Second half was a bit grimmer but we nearly got there.

Pog was awesome. McCarthy won't sleep well after letting that goal in. With Pearce back and a one of the injured midfielders in for Baird we'll be great.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Nov 2013 19:06

floyd__streete Another game which can be best be summed up by the ' :| ' emoticon.

I thought it was quite an enjoyable game. You're getting spoiled by the delights at Eynsham Hall Park!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Nov 2013 19:07

loyalroyal4life Gunter is awful, if we had one person who could actually put in a decent whipped ball every so often we would be doing pretty well

:roll:

Gunter was good today, as he has been for most of the season.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Nov 2013 19:15

Avon Royal
loyalroyal4life Gunter is awful, if we had one person who could actually put in a decent whipped ball every so often we would be doing pretty well

Not sure what you define as good, but IMO Gunter is shocking, would prefer cummings at rb and bridge at left

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2013 19:17

Avon Royal

No need to exaggerate B.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Nov 2013 19:17

Tbf QPR have a ridiculous squad for this level, and will probably go up automatically so I think the draw is a good result, especially after last week.

These injuries are having a big effect on our rhythm and I'm concerned it could have consequences come the end of the season.

And not sure why Obita keeps starting.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 09 Nov 2013 19:20

Well that could have been worse

Really don't get what Adkins thinks HRK brings to the team. He's half-hearted, can't beat a man and is awful at reading what others are doing

And :| at our throw-ins

217 posts