It's nearing that time again !

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
howser
Hob Nob Regular

It's nearing that time again !

by howser » 23 Nov 2013 15:21

Well my fellow wiser and better informed nobbers, the time that historically promises so much but delivers so little, the "transfer window" is rapidly nearing. There are already names being thrown around that we are "in" for............but my question is who, in your much respected opinions will be going out of the door ??

For me:

Drenthe...........Would seem to have a "Kebe" in August type of injury ?
Cummings........Doesn't seem to figure much
Pog................Play well from the August window and we will let you go in January ?
Blackman.........Loan
Taylor.............Loan
Hector............Extend loan at Aberdeen, they love him up here
Akpan.............Loan/Sell

your views will be most interesting, and of course who does depart might clear up the Anton takeover situation

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

Re: It's nearing that time again !

by St. Brynjar » 23 Nov 2013 15:40

We don't really sell in January very often. Only McCarthy or Alf would get the struggling Prem teams sniffing. Hopefully we get Baird in a bit longer.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Nov 2013 15:49

Honestly couldn't care less about this coming transfer window. Why? Because I expect the usual lack of needed investment. I'm more interested in what happens next summer after we've screwed up promotion this season. SJM will start selling the best players again to keep the club afloat. Cheerio Guthrie, Pog, Pearce and hopefully the vastly over-rated and most certainly over-paid Hal Robson Kanu.

Apologies, but all my pre-season optimism is gone now.

BILTON

by BILTON » 23 Nov 2013 16:03

Hopefully we sign a left back and centre back and decent striker but knowing madayski I don't think so !!!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Nov 2013 16:20

Doubt very much we will see any significant signings, especially with the uncertainty behind the scenes.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 23 Nov 2013 16:47

BILTON madayski
:|

BILTON

by BILTON » 23 Nov 2013 18:06

What its not majestic or majeski

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 23 Nov 2013 18:35

BILTON What its not majestic or majeski

Madejski :|

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 24 Nov 2013 02:24

St. Brynjar We don't really sell in January very often. Only McCarthy or Alf would get the struggling Prem teams sniffing. Hopefully we get Baird in a bit longer.

Baird :lol:

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 12:45

With Morrison now out for several weeks we have no CBs to fall back on. However Baird, if we keep him, and Gunter were mentioned by Adkins yesterday as ready replacements as they both play CB for their countries plus a couple of youngsters who have been training with the First Team. No problem there then.

IIRC Pearce is just one yellow away from a suspension.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 12:50

St. Brynjar We don't really sell in January very often. Only McCarthy or Alf would get the struggling Prem teams sniffing. Hopefully we get Baird in a bit longer.

I know it is the Star so have a large tub of salt at the ready, but they are suggesting Newcastle may come in for McCarthy if Krul goes to Juventus in January.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Nov 2013 14:14

CholseyRoyal With Morrison now out for several weeks we have no CBs to fall back on. However Baird, if we keep him, and Gunter were mentioned by Adkins yesterday as ready replacements as they both play CB for their countries plus a couple of youngsters who have been training with the First Team. No problem there then.

We cant move Gunter to CB without having only 2 options left for our Fullbacks. Madness!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Nov 2013 14:20

CholseyRoyal With Morrison now out for several weeks we have no CBs to fall back on. However Baird, if we keep him, and Gunter were mentioned by Adkins yesterday as ready replacements as they both play CB for their countries plus a couple of youngsters who have been training with the First Team. No problem there then.

Gunter at centre-back?
Now that is funny-imagine him ducking out of the way when he is meant to be heading the ball away.
Why not go the whole hog and have Robson-Kanu at right-back and Alf in goal.
Crazy.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 17:22

Victor Meldrew Gunter at centre-back?
Now that is funny-imagine him ducking out of the way when he is meant to be heading the ball away.

Though I generally think Gunter has done OK so far this season, for someone who is 5'11", he is shocking in the air. However, he probably won't miss any more headers than Alex Pearce. I always felt it was starnge last season when Mariappa, who is much shorter than Pearce, was left to go up for the headers against the likes of Benteke and Lukaku.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 18:28

LoyalRoyal22 Doubt very much we will see any significant signings, especially with the uncertainty behind the scenes.

We absolutely will not see any significant signings. However, we absolutely will see plenty of speculation, fuelled or encouraged by anonymous sources within the club, that we are on the verge of making significant signings in an attempt to convince the supporters that there really is ambition within the club, with the PR machine failing again to realise that we'd actually accept a statement that says we cannot afford to spend.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 24 Nov 2013 19:43

Victor Meldrew

Gunter at centre-back?
Why not go the whole hog and have Robson-Kanu at right-back and Alf in goal.
Crazy.

Played centre half for Wales this season and did alright.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 20:38

peterroyal76 Played centre half for Wales this season and did alright.

tbf - most international teams don't play as much long ball or physical football as the average Championship team. But point taken.

Optimist

by Optimist » 24 Nov 2013 23:23

BILTON but knowing madayski

Optimist I don't think so !!!

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1