BFTG - Blackburn (a)

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Blackburn (a)

by Avon Royal » 24 Nov 2013 07:48

MmmMonsterMunch Slightly off topic but WTF is going on with the GF area? Some random sh!t on there.

Seems like spammers have decided to post a load of meaningless, unintelligible, pointless drivel.

The would have done the same on the Team Board but Sandman beat them to it................

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 24 Nov 2013 09:40

St. Brynjar We're crying out for another skillful, pacey winger. If only we didn't sell our best to Palace. HRK, Obita, and sadly Jobi don't fit that description anymore.

Any clean sheet against a team with Jordan Rhodes is worth commending. It's just a shame we're so toothless going forward.

Second that. If we were serious about going up why did we let Kebe go? I'm sure Adkins could have persuaded him to stay. Instead he opted for the vastly over confident and over rated Kanu. We have no pace on the wings anymore as Obita is not ready and Macleary isn't a sp[eed merchant. Does adkins let his pride get in the way sometimes??

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 24 Nov 2013 09:42

Royalee
St. Brynjar We're crying out for another skillful, pacey winger. If only we didn't sell our best to Palace. HRK, Obita, and sadly Jobi don't fit that description anymore.

Any clean sheet against a team with Jordan Rhodes is worth commending. It's just a shame we're so toothless going forward.

:lol: Sorry I spat my drink out when you called Kebe skilful. #bambionice #poormanswalcott #overrated

What planet are you on?. Kebe was our most skilful player

Icke

by Icke » 24 Nov 2013 10:16

First half was awful. Second half we were much better and at least created the chances. Penalty was literally two rows away from me and was so blatant that I didn`t even wait to look at the ref to confirm it. Summed up the performance of the referee which was very poor.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 24 Nov 2013 10:18

paddy20
Royalee

:lol: Sorry I spat my drink out when you called Kebe skilful. #bambionice #poormanswalcott #overrated

What planet are you on?. Kebe was our most skilful player

in his early days yes when he wanted to utilise it, towards the end of his Reading career he just couldn`t be assed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2013 10:20

MmmMonsterMunch
windermere_royal Dear god just seen the penalty call, how obvious do you want it?

Awful! It's farcical in this day & age that the yellow card will stick as well.

I believe that the club can ask the ref himself to review it but how many officials are good enough/confident enough to put their hands up and admit they made a mistake? Instead, the clown in charge yesterday will convince himself that he did no wrong and had a good game, despite very clear evidence to the opposite.

Harpers So Solid Crew Doing well at palace though.

Kebe wasn't even in the Palace squad yesterday. Injured? Coach journey too long? Too cold? The going was getting too tough for Palace?

Good player when his head was in the right place, which was nowhere near often enough.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 24 Nov 2013 10:32

windermere_royal in his early days yes when he wanted to utilise it, towards the end of his Reading career he just couldn`t be assed.

Wrong way round.

At the beginning he was a bit shit, but he was a joy to watch for his is last four years at the cub. He scored a few, set up lots, took loads of defenders with him, and was incredibly exciting. He took time to get up to full speed after his injuries, but that is true of many players with extreme pace, but there was rarely a game when he didn't do something brilliant, and loads of game where he made it worth coming on his own.

If you can't appreciate a player like Jimmy Kebe, then you don't get Reading FC in particular and football in general. Are Man Utd on the telly today for you?

Also. Assed? Wtf

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 24 Nov 2013 13:29

Only truly good game this year has been Watford home. Absolutely crying out for an exciting game this season.

Obita is going to be a great little player, but he's been thrown straight in the deep end playing every week, maybe needs to be coming off the bench to start off with, looks a little under pressure. Plus, the amount of times he got the ball, made a good run and ended up all alone yesterday was ridiculous. Needs more support.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 24 Nov 2013 13:40

Also, a Blackburn fan on our Facebook page said he thought our support was excellent.

What?! :shock:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Nov 2013 14:06

Will95 Only truly good game this year has been Watford home. Absolutely crying out for an exciting game this season.

Obita is going to be a great little player, but he's been thrown straight in the deep end playing every week, maybe needs to be coming off the bench to start off with, looks a little under pressure. Plus, the amount of times he got the ball, made a good run and ended up all alone yesterday was ridiculous. Needs more support.

Don't mind him starting tbh even though I'd like to see Jobi in the team instead. Don't want him to become like Kanu and be stuck as an impact player off the bench for the rest of his career.

The fans called for Obita to be given a chance well now he is.
Last edited by sandman on 24 Nov 2013 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 24 Nov 2013 14:07

Royalee

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 24 Nov 2013 15:45

"Poor man's Walcott"? Sounds like a compliment to me. We're a very poor man's Arsenal.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 24 Nov 2013 17:40

paddy20

Second that. If we were serious about going up why did we let Kebe go? I'm sure Adkins could have persuaded him to stay. Instead he opted for the vastly over confident and over rated Kanu. We have no pace on the wings anymore as Obita is not ready and Macleary isn't a sp[eed merchant. Does adkins let his pride get in the way sometimes??

What? McCleary is an absolute Tank. He is probably faster than Kebe

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 24 Nov 2013 17:50

A drab, poor game between two very limited sides. No, not Blackburn/Reading but Millwall/Barnsley, a game I attended with the long-suffering missus, a Tyke down south. Why am I telling you this? Because already this season I have seen Reading largely outplayed by both Millwall and Barnsley and that was put into perspective when I saw just how bad those two sides really are yesterday. No excuses for Reading because we have the parachute payments and a bigger budget than these sides. And of course a Russian owner taking us to the next level (LO-f*cking-L).

Good result for Reading, I hear we were very poor first half and our manager to his credit made two tactical substitutions to correct another questionable team selection. I think we might get hammered at Forest next week on this poor form and then we'll be firmly entrenched in midtable. Gr8 progress :!:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 17:56

Who ever plays on the wings, they need to take a man on and get to the byline. Jimmy stopped doing that last season, McCleary doesn't do it often enough and Obita rarely beats a man (albeit only based on limited home game viewings). Matt Philips and Junior Hoilett were good examples of how our wingers need to play. Bridge has probably done it more this season than any of our wingers, and he's been injured for half the games.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 24 Nov 2013 18:26

Obita was beating men yesterday but being left isolated by the rest of the team and surrounded by 3 or 4 more players as he was the only one near them to mark.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Nov 2013 20:25

Video of Gunter's dive http://t.co/ltVODilXIE

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 24 Nov 2013 20:40

Will95 Obita was beating men yesterday but being left isolated by the rest of the team and surrounded by 3 or 4 more players as he was the only one near them to mark.

Fair enough - my comment was based on his displays at home. Looks talented, but always seems to want to play the Beckham ball (ie bend it around the defender rather than go past the defender first)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Nov 2013 20:52

Pepe the Horseman Video of Gunter's dive http://t.co/ltVODilXIE
as much a penalty as a penalty can be these days.

Genuine case for getting the yellow overturned...if you could ever get a yellow overturned etc

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 24 Nov 2013 23:10

3points
Will95 Obita was beating men yesterday but being left isolated by the rest of the team and surrounded by 3 or 4 more players as he was the only one near them to mark.

Fair enough - my comment was based on his displays at home. Looks talented, but always seems to want to play the Beckham ball (ie bend it around the defender rather than go past the defender first)

Yeah I wasn't having a go, just letting you know!

That video is incredible, the slow dawning upon our fans, the shock on the keepers face that he's got the free kick, almost questioning the ref, and Gunter's anger at the lino, you'd think the referee would clock all that.