Forest Match Thread - Sponsored By Paxo Stuffing

508 posts
WestRoyal

Re: Forest Match Thread - Sponsored By Paxo Stuffing

by WestRoyal » 03 Dec 2013 18:02

LoyalRoyal22
floyd__streete
LoyalRoyal22 Your hate for Gunter is embarassing. Best right back in the league. I reckon 30k Forest fans would also agree. Alot of people could not cope with our bad start last year so needed someone to hate.. Gunter. He was poor at times last season, but he was playing in a poor team that left him exposed. Been class this season, as expected. Do one.

30k Forest fans also booed MacLeary.....and were silenced when his driving run and cross set up our first goal. So I wouldn't necessarily pay much attention as to their opinion of what makes a good player :!:

Meanwhile, back on Planet Reality the sending off which came as a result of his own poor play was just one of a number of Gunter FAILs this season. Time and time again this season I have seen us give away chances at the our far right post as a result of Gunter's positional ineptitude. Still, you go ahead and close your eyes to it.....much as Gunter himself seems to do, in fact :!:

They were booing McCleary as he only delivered for Forest for 6 months and then left for a better contract, had no reflection on his ability.

That 6 months was the first time since signing for them that he got a consistent run in the team apparently. But they won't mention that

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Dec 2013 18:39

LoyalRoyal22 Your hate for Gunter is embarassing. Best right back in the league. I reckon 30k Forest fans would also agree. Alot of people could not cope with our bad start last year so needed someone to hate.. Gunter. He was poor at times last season, but he was playing in a poor team that left him exposed. Been class this season, as expected. Do one.

No need to exaggerate.. Hes been playing fine. Few defensive errors but so have all our defenders. You could try to argue that based on form hes been one of the better Right Backs in the league but in terms of ability calling him the best in the league is lolable

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Dec 2013 19:04

I've not watched enough of the other teams in the Championship to really know which right backs are playing well and which ones aren't, but having seen Gunter play more than enough I'd say he's doing ok.

At the same time I'd be surprised if players like Danny Simpson, Keiran Trippier, Sam Bryam or the young lad who's been playing at right back for Leicester (Moore I think it is) haven't performed as well if not better than Gunter who, to my mind, is still rather suspect at defending and would be behind Stephen Kelly if we wanted fullbacks to defend well.

It all comes down to what the respective managers want from their players. Adkins obviously wants and needs his fullbacks to bomb on. Gunter has been doing that pretty well, but defensively I'd be surprised if there weren't a good few right backs having better seasons in the Championship.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 03 Dec 2013 19:50

I've been reading this forum for years always from afar and for one good reason. Some of the posters simply do not have a clue and most evidently how fortunate we are to have talented players playing for our club. Chris Gunter is a full international and i guess that he's one of the first names on the international team sheet. Having watched teams play under Ian Branfoot and a long list of Reading managers and teams since with players coming and going, I can not believe how some of our supporters choose to disrespect players like Chris Gunter. He is the one of our most improved players this year. He is without doubt an athlete who is tuned into the modern game and his role with Adkins game plan and he's clearly focused developing his career with Reading FC. What gives anyone the right to disrespect one of our own without first provocation from the player? Chris Gunter is 24 years old and maybe, just maybe, it took Gunter last season to settle in? I'm not sure if some of the negative posters on here would know how navigate a move away from their home town or settle into a high profile job let alone be a well respected professional football player who is a full international. I for one am amazed at the quality of players Reading now target and employ I wish some of our supporters would simply respect our first team players and squad and start supporting them... Rant over!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Dec 2013 20:38

Oilroyal I've been reading this forum for years always from afar and for one good reason. Some of the posters simply do not have a clue and most evidently how fortunate we are to have talented players playing for our club. Chris Gunter is a full international and i guess that he's one of the first names on the international team sheet. Having watched teams play under Ian Branfoot and a long list of Reading managers and teams since with players coming and going, I can not believe how some of our supporters choose to disrespect players like Chris Gunter. He is the one of our most improved players this year. He is without doubt an athlete who is tuned into the modern game and his role with Adkins game plan and he's clearly focused developing his career with Reading FC. What gives anyone the right to disrespect one of our own without first provocation from the player? Chris Gunter is 24 years old and maybe, just maybe, it took Gunter last season to settle in? I'm not sure if some of the negative posters on here would know how navigate a move away from their home town or settle into a high profile job let alone be a well respected professional football player who is a full international. I for one am amazed at the quality of players Reading now target and employ I wish some of our supporters would simply respect our first team players and squad and start supporting them... Rant over!

Not unreasonable comment but as an avid reader over the years I guess you know what's coming?!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Dec 2013 20:44

Did my "cock end" comment get deleted?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 04 Dec 2013 10:07

Probably belongs in GF but cba to start a new thread.

Here's Billy losing it at Millwall

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 Dec 2013 10:24

508 posts