Billy Sharp - permanent?

126 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Billy Sharp - permanent?

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Jan 2014 22:35

Pepe the Horseman @billysharp10: Thanks to everybody at reading football club,fans,staff and especially players great set of lads.

Perhaps a permanent deal isn't as definite as we all think.
Regardless, great to hear that there is unity within the camp

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Jan 2014 22:38

After today's performance, happy for him to go back.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Jan 2014 22:38

Pepe the Horseman @billysharp10: Thanks to everybody at reading football club,fans,staff and especially players great set of lads.

That's a shame. I'd like to keep him personally. I reckon once the midfield starts ticking he will come up trumps for us.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Jan 2014 22:39

Bye then.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Jan 2014 22:41

Adkins was told we'll do everything we can to keep him. I wouldn't read too much into that tweet. His contract here has expired, so he says cheerio for now. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him either back on loan or signed perm in a few weeks. This takeover really does need to hurry up tho!

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 01 Jan 2014 22:52

Agree, think he could be decent with service, although same for all of them to be honest.....still when he signs before Watford we will have one in to keep everyone either happy or annoyed based on the above!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 01 Jan 2014 23:14

Anyone think he may end up at QPR?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Jan 2014 23:32

3points Anyone think he may end up at QPR?

Forest are crying out for a striker... Davies highlighted that point by playing Halford up front and good as said in post match comments.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Jan 2014 23:35

We need him to stay. I'd be disappointed if we don't keep him.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Jan 2014 23:39

paultheroyal

Forest are crying out for a striker... Davies highlighted that point by playing Halford up front and good as said in post match comments.

Forest fans were saying before we went for him that Davies just doesn't like him. Seems bizarre to me. At this level with service he will help himself all day long.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 02 Jan 2014 00:13

He looked really slow and laboured today though.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 02 Jan 2014 07:32

Strikers need service to score goals something that Reading do not do very well at this moment in time.

Whether we stick will Billy Sharp or sign another striker to play up front there would be no difference.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 02 Jan 2014 09:51

Really hope we don't sign him

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Jan 2014 10:47

MmmMonsterMunch

That's a shame. I'd like to keep him personally. I reckon once the midfield starts ticking he will come up trumps for us.

What midfield?

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 02 Jan 2014 14:34

yes...was chatting with a friend at the ground yesterday and said I would never be surprised to see him go to qpr or west ham instead of us. To be honest, I really can,t see that he,s any better than ALF. just my :| opinion

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 02 Jan 2014 18:55

Official Site Striker Billy Sharp has returned to Southampton at the end of his initial loan deal with the Royals.
We will hold discussions with his parent club in the next week or so to understand what their thoughts are.

The club uncharacteristically open about the potential of a re-signing.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 02 Jan 2014 23:58

I must admit I am not convinced about Billy Sharp. His moves have been somewhat hit or miss. He did really well at Doncaster and Scunthorpe, but his time at Sheff Utd was nothing short of a disaster, and didn't set the world alight at Forrest with 10 goals from 39 appearances last season.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Jan 2014 01:22

Big Ern I must admit I am not convinced about Billy Sharp. His moves have been somewhat hit or miss. He did really well at Doncaster and Scunthorpe, but his time at Sheff Utd was nothing short of a disaster, and didn't set the world alight at Forrest with 10 goals from 39 appearances last season.

You wonder how much his treatment at Southampton may have dented his confidence. Was signed in the January and played a big part in getting them up only to be dumped by Nige within weeks of promotion and never really given the chance to shine.

With Reading he's had no pre-season, has come into a struggling side and has no certainty over his future. Not saying all that excuses him being a bit meh... but I can't imagine he's in the best place confidence wise.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Jan 2014 08:12

Looks like we will probably miss out on him anyway as RFC seem to think that there is no rush to get on and do anything in this transfer window! Apparently they will get around to talking to Southampton 'in the next week or so' to find out what their thoughts on Sharp are. WTF?!! If Adkins wants Sharp, why the hell hadn't those talks taken place with Saints even before the window opened? No wonder we more often than not fail to sign our targets in transfer windows.

We now have a player (well we don't) wondering who wants him and where he needs to train to feel part of a team. If we do want Sharp, how the hell is that helping continuity? If we don't want him (and that doesn't appear to be what Adkins is indicating) why the hell don't we just say so in fairness to the player and to dampen fans' expections?

Cypry

by Cypry » 03 Jan 2014 08:39

RoyalBlue Looks like we will probably miss out on him anyway as RFC seem to think that there is no rush to get on and do anything in this transfer window! Apparently they will get around to talking to Southampton 'in the next week or so' to find out what their thoughts on Sharp are. WTF?!! If Adkins wants Sharp, why the hell hadn't those talks taken place with Saints even before the window opened? No wonder we more often than not fail to sign our targets in transfer windows.

We now have a player (well we don't) wondering who wants him and where he needs to train to feel part of a team. If we do want Sharp, how the hell is that helping continuity? If we don't want him (and that doesn't appear to be what Adkins is indicating) why the hell don't we just say so in fairness to the player and to dampen fans' expections?

It takes two to make a deal - perhaps Southampton want to wait and see if there's interest elsewhere - I can't believe that we haven't tried to do a deal, but they hold all the cards, and there's no urgency whatsoever in their part to do a deal....
We could, I guess, try to force their hand by making a silly offer, but given his performances, I'm not sure that Sharp is worth it.....

126 posts