RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Billy Sharp - permanent?

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jan 2014 17:34

Uke
Schards#2
Uke Just because the club has money, doesn't mean they have to spend it.

Adkins could not have made it clearer that he wanted Sharp and that we didn't get him, even on loan, because he's hamstrung on finances. Do you think he's making it up? And if so why?

No intentional lies from any side, why do people always think there are lies? There are many half-truths though.

Just because the club has money and Adkins wants to spend it, doesn't mean they have to spend it.

Business decision, the club will have to live with it. On balance, I think it is probably a good one as Sharp wasn't the new Messiah the UR&G board had suggested

No intentional lies? Dellor twice asked him and Madejski twice told him funding would be available. If he wasn't sure that the funding was going to be there, then he should have qualified his statement. If not a lie, a broken pledge.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 17:40

You must be glad RB, you get to bang that stupid drum some more after having to shut up for a while.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 25 Jan 2014 18:45

I thought (and the Board appears to agree) that both Sharp and Baird were decent additions for a season. Given that we apparently made a £600,000 offer for a player earlier in the window, how come we have no money to extend their loans? Does NA feel he can do without them or are we that short of funds that even loans are beyond us?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Jan 2014 20:14

FridaysGhost I thought (and the Board appears to agree) that both Sharp and Baird were decent additions for a season. Given that we apparently made a £600,000 offer for a player earlier in the window, how come we have no money to extend their loans? Does NA feel he can do without them or are we that short of funds that even loans are beyond us?

Very simply both TSI and SJM are looking to sell. It's their money and they don't want to spend it on a club that they hope not to own soon. I don't understand why this is a surprise.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Jan 2014 03:33

Perhaps Sharp wanted too much money. Perhaps Southampton wanted a fee. After all we are not a small club like Doncaster. Why should they let him come to us for free, I reckon we decided if was just not worth the money.

Also think the Hobbs deal was reliant on one out at same time. Possibly Pearce to Hull.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 27 Jan 2014 12:31

Perhaps we offered to pay in instalments of £1 a week and they wouldn't accept less than £1.50 a week with £5 up front and the promise of a packet of Haribo's if we get promotion.

126 posts