Madejski comments on club ownership

385 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Madejski comments

by floyd__streete » 21 Dec 2013 19:16

dizzynewheights SJM has spent the last decade telling us he'd only sell to the right person. Dunno why hes getting a pass from the fans for such an obvious monumental fook up.

If we are in a mess. Its his fault.

+ fecking 1 m8.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Dec 2013 19:28

Sounded to me like Anton is pretty much done at this club, but the club are confident of new investment in the forseable future.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Dec 2013 19:29

winchester_royal Sounded to me like Anton is pretty much done at this club, but the club are confident of new investment in the forseable future.

Pray for maffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff at this difficult time for him.

download

by download » 21 Dec 2013 19:37

winchester_royal Sounded to me like Anton is pretty much done at this club, but the club are confident of new investment in the forseable future.

Yep that's how it sounded to me.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Dec 2013 19:40

Just heard the Madejski interview. Tragic. The stuttering witterings of a man who has been on the Port. Completely put on the back-foot by Tim Dellor, a man who makes Colin Murray look like Roger Cook.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 21 Dec 2013 20:19

SJM will only do what's right for the club. At this moment that would be to trim the wage bill and try to muster enough to buy the club back. We might be in the Championship long haul but money doesn't buy clubs promotion. Look at QPR who are having a wobble and even if Leicester make it this year, how many has it taken them?

I want SJM to buy back the club and the £1 buy back idea was very interesting if a certain deadline hasn't been met

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 21 Dec 2013 20:21

Reading4eva SJM will only do what's right for the club. At this moment that would be to trim the wage bill and try to muster enough to buy the club back. We might be in the Championship long haul but money doesn't buy clubs promotion. Look at QPR who are having a wobble and even if Leicester make it this year, how many has it taken them?

I want SJM to buy back the club and the £1 buy back idea was very interesting if a certain deadline hasn't been met

IN for a quid!

...but does Anton have change for a fiver?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 21 Dec 2013 20:22

floyd__streete Just heard the Madejski interview. Tragic. The stuttering witterings of a man who has been on the Port. Completely put on the back-foot by Tim Dellor, a man who makes Colin Murray look like Roger Cook.

Given that he doesn't give that many post-match interviews, and he didn't really seem to be trying to quash Oman investment rumours too much, I'd suspect he knew all along that Dellor was going to ask those questions.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Dec 2013 20:33

tmesis
floyd__streete Just heard the Madejski interview. Tragic. The stuttering witterings of a man who has been on the Port. Completely put on the back-foot by Tim Dellor, a man who makes Colin Murray look like Roger Cook.

Given that he doesn't give that many post-match interviews, and he didn't really seem to be trying to quash Oman investment rumours too much, I'd suspect he knew all along that Dellor was going to ask those questions.

Absolutely. That was a pre-planned interview & anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit naive. He knows the fans are getting restless & that's exactly why he chose to speak.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 21 Dec 2013 20:35

Two important quotes. He described Anton as the de facto owner of club and also said it would be both in terms antons and his interest to invest in team in Jan to get promotion as would be more attractive for potential buyer....

So clearly interest but a lot depends on getting promotion!

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 21 Dec 2013 22:30

I heard recently that Anton's assets had been frozen (don't know by whom) and that Arab money is financing the Training / Academy facility at Bearwood.
No source - something I heard.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 21 Dec 2013 22:37

floyd__streete
dizzynewheights SJM has spent the last decade telling us he'd only sell to the right person. Dunno why hes getting a pass from the fans for such an obvious monumental fook up.

+ fecking 1 m8.

Agreed, but when you have a billionaire father and ambitious son, it all seemed to be perfect. I just hope SJM is extra careful next time around, and doesn't settle for anything other than what he feels is right for the club just because he may need to get out himself. Foreign owners are far too often bad news.

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 21 Dec 2013 22:39

[quote="SpaghettiHoop"]I heard recently that Anton's assets had been frozen (don't know by whom) and that Arab money is financing the Training / Academy facility at Bearwood.
No source - something I heard.[/quote]

The person you heard it from is your source. Who are they, what credibility do they have?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 21 Dec 2013 22:52

Maybe there was more to that Oman game in September

Royal Dee

by Royal Dee » 21 Dec 2013 23:04

Dont want to destroy any dreams of a rich arab buying us but dont you think the most logical reason the youth football guy from Oman was visiting us was due to our youth football development programme we have in Oman and the fact that Omans number one goalkeeper plays for wigan? just adding two and two.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Dec 2013 23:26

SPARTA
floyd__streete

+ fecking 1 m8.

Agreed, but when you have a billionaire father and ambitious son, it all seemed to be perfect. I just hope SJM is extra careful next time around, and doesn't settle for anything other than what he feels is right for the club just because he may need to get out himself. Foreign owners are far too often bad news.

I trust that Madejski has had very strong words with his sales side advisors who were meant to have undertaken due diligence on Anton and TSI, and with his legal team who appear to have cocked up big time by failing to ensure that the initial sales agreement had effective punative measures incorporated, which would kick in should the buyers default on the deal.

Seems Madejski's midas touch once again deserted him when he was selling the club.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 21 Dec 2013 23:31

Then hes responsible for employing clowns. Still his fault.

Fact is for all his chat over the years as soon as he found himself in dire str8s financially he sold the club down the river.

I respect everything he has done for the club in the past but hes got to take the lions share of the blame for this mess

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Dec 2013 23:36

RoyalBlue I trust that Madejski has had very strong words with his sales side advisors who were meant to have undertaken due diligence on Anton and TSI, and with his legal team who appear to have cocked up big time by failing to ensure that the initial sales agreement had effective punative measures incorporated, which would kick in should the buyers default on the deal.

Seems Madejski's midas touch once again deserted him when he was selling the club.

You can perform all the due diligence you want. Eventually it comes to down to words and trust.

At least at Reading we still have SJM. Look at the situation at Cardiff. Total farce. All about business. Nothing to do with football.

The foreign owners won't be smiling when fans will desert what has become an overpriced form of entertainment.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Dec 2013 23:40

dizzynewheights Then hes responsible for employing clowns. Still his fault.

Fact is for all his chat over the years as soon as he found himself in dire str8s financially he sold the club down the river.

I respect everything he has done for the club in the past but hes got to take the lions share of the blame for this mess

SJM has sold the club down the river? Really? He clearly wants what is best for the club & tried to get new investment. He ain't getting any younger after all. It's backfired & it's potentially a bit shite but thank fook he is still around or I would be very worried.

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 22 Dec 2013 00:05

This mess is all his making. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand.

385 posts