Reading Fans v Other Fans - the shocking truth

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

Re: Reading Fans v Other Fans - the shocking truth

by dizzynewheights » 30 Dec 2013 15:27

Oh and in answer to the OP, I was at Leicester, sat in front of two 20 something lads who looked like comic book guy, in skin tight replica shirts who spent most of the game pointing out ‘pussyoles’ in the home end and fantasising about the violence they would do to them.

Other fans > dog shit > Reading fans

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 30 Dec 2013 15:27

Vic_Flange You will find all clubs have loyal supporters (I count myself in this) the annoying fans, fans who leave early, fans who get there 3 hours early, ignorant fans, plastic fans, the whole lot.

That does not make it ok. They are all still tossers.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 30 Dec 2013 16:58

Falling into the "I understand PAYE and taxation and having 3 children" What exactly is the Ideal Supporter supposed to be like?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 30 Dec 2013 17:01

A good friend who has been to pretty much every ground in the top 3 leagues dismisses Reading fans with:

"Can't behave, can't misbehave"

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 30 Dec 2013 17:23

Vic_Flange PS I will do it before anyone else does - Am I a tosser? No. I have four children, run my own business and am MD of two others. :roll:

So what. You could also be short,raving bald and have a small one. :D

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 30 Dec 2013 17:31

Ouroboros
oldebiscuit
BraisingsteakRoyal Playing devils advocate - I've got three kids, run a couple of businesses, yet I am a tosser.

What's your point?

The point is that our vic_flange came out with a reasonable point of discussion until he/she/it tried to use this site as a chance to give it a little rhetoric and to try and suggest that running your own business makes one better qualified to comment than some one else that may perhaps just be P.A.Y.E..
Thats our point!

Oldebiscuit is clearly not MD of any companies, and probably has hardly any children at all.

I would be very interested in your formula of deduction there Sherlock?
Last edited by oldebiscuit on 30 Dec 2013 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 30 Dec 2013 17:37

You formula of deduction.

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 30 Dec 2013 18:11

Ouroboros Your formula of deduction.

Yes, your formula of deduction.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 30 Dec 2013 18:16

Vic_Flange This may come as a surprise to all those who post constantly that 'Reading Fans are tossers' etc (I assume you include yourselves in this?) however, have any of you ventured outside of Reading Town limits?

You will find all clubs have loyal supporters (I count myself in this) the annoying fans, fans who leave early, fans who get there 3 hours early, ignorant fans, plastic fans, the whole lot.

Here is a New Years Resolution -we are no different from any other club, so let's stop all the 'Typical Reading fan' bullshit, unless it is something like 'Whose club moved from Elm Park to the Madejski Stadium?' thread

PS I will do it before anyone else does - Am I a tosser? No. I have four children, run my own business and am MD of two others. :roll:

One of the best posts EVER. :lol:

Talk about up your own arse!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 30 Dec 2013 18:32

westongeezer Falling into the "I understand PAYE and taxation and having 3 children" What exactly is the Ideal Supporter supposed to be like?

I'm sure we all have a different opinion on this, but for me you (the fans) should try and ensure you come out on top vs the opposition fans by out-singing them. It makes for good noise, which even if not aimed at the team is still motivational. Also as a fan I would love our fans to want to sing and be as supportive as possible for as long as possible throughout the whole game. No sulking when we're being shafted; get straight back behind the team and again not letting the oppo fans get one up on us. I like to look at it as two teams playing against one another, and two sets of fans playing against one another. I want to win both games! But that's me. I'm as passionate about the result as I am enjoying the atmosphere and being vocal, but very few other Reading fans seem to be the same.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Dec 2013 18:47

SPARTA
westongeezer Falling into the "I understand PAYE and taxation and having 3 children" What exactly is the Ideal Supporter supposed to be like?

I'm sure we all have a different opinion on this, but for me you (the fans) should try and ensure you come out on top vs the opposition fans by out-singing them. It makes for good noise, which even if not aimed at the team is still motivational. Also as a fan I would love our fans to want to sing and be as supportive as possible for as long as possible throughout the whole game. No sulking when we're being shafted; get straight back behind the team and again not letting the oppo fans get one up on us. I like to look at it as two teams playing against one another, and two sets of fans playing against one another. I want to win both games! But that's me. I'm as passionate about the result as I am enjoying the atmosphere and being vocal, but very few other Reading fans seem to be the same.

This.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 30 Dec 2013 20:09

SPARTA

Yes, yes, yes - all well and good, but unless you prove your sperm count and/or declare any current directorships, I'll have to dismiss it as the ramblings of a tosser.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 30 Dec 2013 20:39

Pin this thread......
Best one of the season so far.

I only have two kids and work as an operations manager. I guess that makes me a mere mastabator instead of a full blown Tosser...

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 30 Dec 2013 20:47

I'm confused, is it the having children bit or the being an MD bit?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Dec 2013 20:48

Linden Jones' Tash I'm confused, is it the having children bit or the being an MD bit?

It was more the "I'm not a tosser" but I'm going to tell you how much better I am than you part. :lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Dec 2013 20:48

I don't have any kids.

I'm pretty good at pulling out.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 30 Dec 2013 20:53

dizzynewheights Why would having children and being a captain of industry exempt you from being a tosser :?:

:D
As long as you don't drive a BMW or an Audi, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm surprised you can support anyone with your work and family commitments. Fair play mate (as long as you don't drive a beemer!)

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 30 Dec 2013 20:54

There's not a man alive who hasn't indulged in a little self-pleasurisation from time to time. Guess that makes us all tossers! It's alright as long as it's your own cock.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 30 Dec 2013 20:58

Now that the make of car is involved I'm skidding towards being a tossed...

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 30 Dec 2013 21:05

Linden Jones' Tash Now that the make of car is involved I'm skidding towards being a tossed...

Sell it, quickly...