QPR Match Thread - Sponsored by Trevor Sinclair's overhead

368 posts
RG7Fan

Re: QPR Match Thread - Sponsored by Trevor Sinclair's overhe

by RG7Fan » 16 Feb 2014 20:20

Will there be any TV highlights of this game not on SKY?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2014 20:24

winchester_royal Jemba sums up Don Goodman's performance quite nicely on his twitter.

Settle down you goodman!! Never a red card that is a joke! Kidding me

These 2 clown commentators doing my swede in!

Goodman hates us for his Wolves days. He's always been a cheating kunt as well. Well Archie put you back in your place didn't he!
RG7Fan Will there be any TV highlights of this game not on SKY?

Reading player. And going on current form club's youtube channel.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 16 Feb 2014 20:26

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 16 Feb 2014 20:34

Watching them highlight the pog seems to be limping quite bad after the game

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2014 20:38

FYI the Pearce haters. He had a quality game, scored the winner and was statto site whoscored.com's MotM.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 16 Feb 2014 20:39

marlowuk It's 7.20pm!! Where's the 'Back From The Game' thread?

I got back just after 7 but won't start a BFTG thread.

Enjoyed the game of course, was in Y4 and stood all the game, which suited me but wasn't an option for my son who is 6ft4, thought Jobi and Williams were excellent. McCleary won't be around long of he keeps on playing like that, he is getting better and better.

QPR were dire to be be fair, we still looked better with 10, didn't see the incident clearly but thought it looked a harsh red.
To make this result worthwhile we need to beat Blackburn, I have a nagging doubt we won't.

Anyway, this was the sort of away day that I will remember for a long time, sold out away end, good singing all game, didn't hear rangers at all. The only action from their fans was the fight in the Ellerslie road after our second goal.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 16 Feb 2014 21:18

Winnershroyal

Enjoyed the game of course, was in Y4 and stood all the game, which suited me but wasn't an option for my son who is 6ft4, thought Jobi and Williams were excellent. McCleary won't be around long of he keeps on playing like that, he is getting better and better.

QPR were dire to be be fair, we still looked better with 10, didn't see the incident clearly but thought it looked a harsh red.
To make this result worthwhile we need to beat Blackburn, I have a nagging doubt we won't.

Anyway, this was the sort of away day that I will remember for a long time, sold out away end, good singing all game, didn't hear rangers at all. The only action from their fans was the fight in the Ellerslie road after our second goal.

What happened to the perpetrators?

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 16 Feb 2014 21:25

glass half full
Winnershroyal

What happened to the perpetrators?

Stewards came in, started it up again, they got thrown out, just mildly diverting.

Another thing, not getting the love of Jason Roberts who was in the TV studio, more songs for him than some players putting in a shift on the pitch. He's loving the media work.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2014 21:25

MmmMonsterMunch 9 more wins to guarantee play-offs I reckon.

9 more..............
and another season in the Championship

Still, relegation is a no no

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Feb 2014 21:33

Winnershroyal

Hoiliet looked sharp nearly every time he touched the ball. Traore looked handy enough too!

jellytot

by jellytot » 16 Feb 2014 23:34

NewCorkSeth
Winnershroyal

Hoiliet looked sharp nearly every time he touched the ball. Traore looked handy enough too!

I thought QPR were disappointing. We played them off the park. Didn't make AM make too many decent saves when we went down to 10. Easy peasie Japanesie. We just need to win the next couple now.. or it will be waisted. Can we do it? Could do with keeping 10 men on the pitch for 90 against Blackburn.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 17 Feb 2014 00:17

Cape Town Royal

Everyone's pis&&ed up in the pub celebrating!!

OK - so long as there is a good reason!!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 17 Feb 2014 00:30

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 17 Feb 2014 01:04

BenReadingFC Alex Peace's goal

1080p 8) . Sweet.

Shame you couldn't get McCleary's; you're angle would have been amazing!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 17 Feb 2014 07:24

A great team performance with Akpan and Williams in the midfield superb.

McAnuff was at his best today my MOTM.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 17 Feb 2014 08:46

Agent Balti

We didn't lose, so Floyd is 'busy'.

Indeed

floyd__streete Reading will get murdered at QPR next Sunday, happily I've got old episodes of New Tricks Sky Plussed.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Feb 2014 10:24

With Gorkss presumably out for the next 3 games, as he has had a sending off already this season, what do we do with the back four.

Gorkss has been, lapses aside, class recently and along with McAnuff really helped Obita settle in at left back, covering when needed.

Do we line up with Gunter - Pearce - Hector - Obita, which gives us an inexperienced left side at the back which might get targeted, or go Gunter - Hector - Pearce - Obita, pushing Pearce over the left, where he has played quite a bit in the past, but he looks more settled when on the right side of the centre.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Feb 2014 10:30

maffff With Gorkss presumably out for the next 3 games, as he has had a sending off already this season, what do we do with the back four.

Gorkss has been, lapses aside, class recently and along with McAnuff really helped Obita settle in at left back, covering when needed.

Do we line up with Gunter - Pearce - Hector - Obita, which gives us an inexperienced left side at the back which might get targeted, or go Gunter - Hector - Pearce - Obita, pushing Pearce over the left, where he has played quite a bit in the past, but he looks more settled when on the right side of the centre.

In my opinion we don't need to unsettle the defence any more than we need to - one out, one in, leave the other 3 in the same position.

We have kept Hector here instead of letting him go back to Aberdeen so what was the point of doing that if we aren't going to use him when the need arises, which is now.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Feb 2014 10:39

maffff With Gorkss presumably out for the next 3 games, as he has had a sending off already this season, what do we do with the back four.

Pearce was pushed over to the left for the last 20 mins yesterday so would imagine that's how we'll line up on Saturday.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 17 Feb 2014 10:40

Wycombe Royal

In my opinion we don't need to unsettle the defence any more than we need to - one out, one in, leave the other 3 in the same position.

We have kept Hector here instead of letting him go back to Aberdeen so what was the point of doing that if we aren't going to use him when the need arises, which is now.

Kelly at full back and Gunter at centre-half seems likely, but I would like to see Hector given a chance.

368 posts