Yeovil (H) BFTG

214 posts
Swanny1871

Re: Yeovil (H) BFTG

by Swanny1871 » 05 Mar 2014 14:39

McCarthy - made 1 mistake which cost a goal, should of stayed on his line. Couple of good saves after. - 4

Gunter - Good overlapping play, good defending but hoofed the ball down the wing too many times - 6
Pearce & Gorkks - both looked slow and communication looked awful at times - both 5
Obita - worst game so far, contributed nothing but hoofing the ball down the wing (just like Gunter, must be a new tactic??) - 4

McCleary - bloody awful. Should have been taken off after 10mins! - 2
Williams - good solid game when he received the ball but didn't get it enough (see Gunter & Obita)
Akpan - contributed nothing - 3
HRK - tried to play but didn't get the ball to his feet - 4

Alfie - should have got to the cross in the first half and missed pen - 3
Pog - tried to win all of the hoofed balls (see Gunter & Obita) but didn't. - 5

SUBS
Drenthe - MOTM - He got the ball to his feet thanks to Guthrie coming on and ran rings around Yeovil. Should start the next game. - 8
Guthrie - Another should start the next game. His composure was missing in the first half and his passing is brilliant. - 7
Blackman - did nothing in the short amount of time - 3

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Mar 2014 14:47

agreed

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 05 Mar 2014 21:02

melonhead agreed

With those ratings?!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 05 Mar 2014 21:25

SHORT AND CURLY As I said earlier the little no. 20 had the better of him.

Obita wasn't fantastic on Saturday but this? Jesus, the Yeovil no.20 did absolutely nothing and looked completely out of his depth! Kept miscontrolling the ball, allowing it to go out of play and was just generally a bit shit. To suggest he had the better of Obita who, despite being poor, was also extremely comfortable against this guy, is ridiculous.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Mar 2014 09:33

bcubed
melonhead agreed

With those ratings?!

after putting them through the ratings filter , yes

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Mar 2014 09:52

Are there any links to footage of the penalty that would be of use, given how utterly unhelpful the screen shot is. PO falls into the trap of having made his mind up and issuing bad evidence inan illogical way to back up his preconceived idea.

Not sure how you can claim the fact that Drenthe would have controlled the ball and gone on to have shot as evidence that there was no foul, surely it in fact is a huge argument against Drenthe diving at all ! I'm also bemused that the screen grab seems to show Drenthe diving backwards, which is a bizarre sort of dive.

My original (and so far only) view was the defender had hold of Drenthe's shoulder (hence he falls backwards). It's a shame the Fa don't give reasons for the decision

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 06 Mar 2014 09:55

handbags_harris
SHORT AND CURLY As I said earlier the little no. 20 had the better of him.

Obita wasn't fantastic on Saturday but this? Jesus, the Yeovil no.20 did absolutely nothing and looked completely out of his depth! Kept miscontrolling the ball, allowing it to go out of play and was just generally a bit shit. To suggest he had the better of Obita who, despite being poor, was also extremely comfortable against this guy, is ridiculous.

Totally agree with Handbags - the #20 did absolutely jack shit. Got rid of the ball every time it came his way, no confidence at all, no threat, no physicality, just nothing.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 06 Mar 2014 12:04

Nameless Are there any links to footage of the penalty that would be of use, given how utterly unhelpful the screen shot is. PO falls into the trap of having made his mind up and issuing bad evidence inan illogical way to back up his preconceived idea.

Not sure how you can claim the fact that Drenthe would have controlled the ball and gone on to have shot as evidence that there was no foul, surely it in fact is a huge argument against Drenthe diving at all ! I'm also bemused that the screen grab seems to show Drenthe diving backwards, which is a bizarre sort of dive.

My original (and so far only) view was the defender had hold of Drenthe's shoulder (hence he falls backwards). It's a shame the Fa don't give reasons for the decision

Yeah, in fact I provided the youtube link you oxf*rd eejit.

Oh and of course Drenthe wouldn't dive when through on goal, because he hasn't done exactly that once already this season, earning a booking and his manager's wrath...
And as well all know Drenthe's got first class decision making skills, hence why he's found himself going from Real Madrid to Reading's bench in only a few years.

Getting a bit sick of this 'PO's manipulating the evidence' bollocks. The footage is on oxf*rd youtube for anyone that can be bothered to actually go look at it.

There was me thinking that providing images of the incident might clear things up, but no, I've been manipulating you all along to suit my own agenda.

:roll:

I've had enough of arguing tbh. You can all go on believing that Drenthe didn't dive and the penalty was deserved if it makes you feel better.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Mar 2014 12:23

The clue's in the name ^^^

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 06 Mar 2014 13:10

In Moscow so didn't see the game. The Reading goal is hilarious! Loved it...

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 06 Mar 2014 13:37

P!ssed Off
Nameless Are there any links to footage of the penalty that would be of use, given how utterly unhelpful the screen shot is. PO falls into the trap of having made his mind up and issuing bad evidence inan illogical way to back up his preconceived idea.

Yeah, in fact I provided the youtube link you oxf*rd eejit.

Oh and of course Drenthe wouldn't dive when through on goal, because he hasn't done exactly that once already this season, earning a booking and his manager's wrath...
And as well all know Drenthe's got first class decision making skills, hence why he's found himself going from Real Madrid to Reading's bench in only a few years.

Getting a bit sick of this 'PO's manipulating the evidence' bollocks. The footage is on oxf*rd youtube for anyone that can be bothered to actually go look at it.

There was me thinking that providing images of the incident might clear things up, but no, I've been manipulating you all along to suit my own agenda.

:roll:

I've had enough of arguing tbh. You can all go on believing that Drenthe didn't dive and the penalty was deserved if it makes you feel better.

As you can see from my earlier posts before the red card was rescinded, I called the penalty award and red card comedy decisions. What I didn't post was that I didn't think Drenthe dived, just that it was a tussle with no obvious foul and that in no way did he have the ball under control, which was why I thought the red card wasn't merited.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Mar 2014 21:59

On the appeal succeeded so Drenthe must have dived - it is perfectly possible for a player to stumble and fall over without being fouled and without diving. The way I saw it live is that they were both battling for the ball and Drenthe ended up on the ground. I didn't think it was a dive but I wouldn't have been surprised if a penalty hadn't been awarded, even though I thought Webster had leaned into Drenthe. I was delighted but surprised when the ref pulled out the red card.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 07 Mar 2014 10:04

Well managed to find it on tube
To me it is clear there is no dive, you simply can't dive backwards whilst running forwards

It looks like when Drenthe has got ahead of the defender he puts his right arm over Drenthe's left shoulder which checks Drenthe's run and brings him down, with his fall as expected being backwards. You 'd need a shot from the North Stand to be sure, but it's what everyone I was sat with saw

The ball is close enough to Drenthe to be under control

Would love to know why the cad was rescinded as for me there is nothing in the one angle to show the ref made a clear error.

I'm sure PO will stick to his view, fair enough, but it's hard to see how he can see a dive , although the evidence either way on the pen is not very clear from the footGe available.

Bottom line is it would make a lot of sense for the Fa to make their reasoning public as in the case it's hard to be sure what they based their decision on

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 08 Mar 2014 11:09

Tenuous link here, but does anyone know what actually happened with Stuart Taylor's 45 minute loan to Yeovil?

214 posts