The truth about Royston...

760 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The truth about Royston...

by Royalwaster » 09 Aug 2014 10:23

Davezk They definitely can't be english given the diversity of their group and how secular this country is. Dutch are way more laid back about everything.

They all seem a bit vertically challenged - maybe one condition of being mates with him is that you don't make him look short?

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 11 Aug 2014 21:49

Clearly he invited his m8s to join in the FIFA tournament along with the fans.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 11 Aug 2014 21:52

urz13 Clearly he invited his m8s to join in the FIFA tournament along with the fans.

Except there were no fans, they were all his mates

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 13 Aug 2014 08:49

blueroyals
urz13 Clearly he invited his m8s to join in the FIFA tournament along with the fans.

Except there were only 3 mates in the go-karting picture, only 2 of which were in the FIFA tournament picture, so they just joined in along with the fans.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 13 Aug 2014 10:02

urz13
blueroyals

Except there were only 3 mates in the go-karting picture, only 2 of which were in the FIFA tournament picture, so they just joined in along with the fans.
The third go kart mate was presumably taking the photo and the other "fans" are probably mates of his who were unable to make the go karting.... apart from the one who took the gokarting photo.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 13 Aug 2014 13:02

Have we got rid of him yet?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 13 Aug 2014 19:37

Harpers So Solid Crew Have we got rid of him yet?

Unfortunately we cannot "get rid", he is contracted for another year with the option of a further extension. So, unless anyone comes up with a massive signing on fee for him, he can sit and pick up his fat wage packet for the next two years.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 13 Aug 2014 19:55

ayjaydee

Unfortunately we cannot "get rid", he is contracted for another year with the option of a further extension. So, unless anyone comes up with a massive signing on fee for him, he can sit and pick up his fat wage packet for the next two years.

Surely he doesn't have option, rather the Club does and only they can decide whether to invoke the extension.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 13 Aug 2014 20:17

I appreciate the club want to get rid of him, we all assume it down to his wages, appearance fees and attitude around the place...

HOWEVER... we have more chance getting rid of a player by playing him, if he turns in good performances, I still like the guys ability, just a shame his early promise does not match his attitude, it seems

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 13 Aug 2014 20:26

He is shit though.

The only chance of somebody taking him off our hands is by not playing him.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Aug 2014 20:47

Handsome Man He is shit though.

The only chance of somebody taking him off our hands is by not playing him.

Meanwhile, in the real world...

yappy

by yappy » 13 Aug 2014 21:58

The whole situation has got mutual termination in September/October written all over it.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Aug 2014 22:22

yappy The whole situation has got mutual termination in September/October written all over it.

It will only be mutual if we pay up his contract in full. The pathetic little waster will run his contract down & bleed every last penny out of us. He knows full well no one else wants him & this is his last decent pay cheque so he ain't going nowhere.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 13 Aug 2014 22:59

GreaterTorontoRoyal
ayjaydee

Surely he doesn't have option, rather the Club does and only they can decide whether to invoke the extension.

Not necessarily, what about contracts that are written guaranteeing a further year after x games. Who know what Anton signed?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Aug 2014 23:05

MmmMonsterMunch
yappy The whole situation has got mutual termination in September/October written all over it.

It will only be mutual if we pay up his contract in full. The pathetic little waster will run his contract down & bleed every last penny out of us. He knows full well no one else wants him & this is his last decent pay cheque so he ain't going nowhere.

Don't blame him. We offered the contract.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Aug 2014 23:23

Indeed - more fool us. Without question the worst ever Reading signing IMO.

Quite telling that Adkins said in an interview "We've learnt lessons from last year & we're not just going out buying lots of players"

You can tell he, and the club are a bit more settled.

Freezing Royston out is IMO their best chance at getting rid of him a bit sooner. It's highly likely he's an impulsive head case & will get bored not being the centre of attention. He will probably drive himself mental & crack before the club does.

One can only hope anyway......

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Aug 2014 00:33

Yup, fingers crossed he tops himself, the fvcking mental, eh?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 09:34

chuckle @ SF's comment - but jeez you guys - he's a youngish lad who played for Real Madrid, had his head turned, had more money than he knew what to do with and wasn't looked after by anyone as far as I can tell. I've been told by a family member that he's really friendly and really wanted to play well for RFC - but he's very anti-RFC at the moment because he's not playing at all. As I said before, although maybe not as good a player, he's like the George Bests and Gazzas of this world - wasn't nurtured properly - gets in with a load of hangers on, etc etc and goes downhill. If Adkins had been more of a father figure to him, even though he may not have wanted him in the first place, and got someone to be with him outside of training etc, he may well have turned out to be a brilliant asset for this club. I feel sorry for him really - I know he has to take some of the blame himself, but I do feel we've cut off our nose to spite our face here a bit - freezing him out isn't going to help him - letting him play in the cup game or something might have given something to train for/look after himself for - but training with the U21s, with no chance of playing any competitive games is only going to put him on a downward spiral imo. I'd have him live with us and I'd keep my eye on him if I thought it would help. :cry:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 10:10

No one can reform him but himself RL. He's been given chances at Everton, in Russia and now with us. He's oxf*rd them all up. No one else. He's minted, it's self inflicted and he's spurned chance after chance to come good. He gets no sympathy from me and the sooner he oxf*rd off the better.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Aug 2014 10:24

How did he fuck it up exactly? Not here to defend him but wasn't it the contract that kept him out of the side rather than attitude or form?

Is there anything concrete to suggest it was otherwise?

760 posts