Brighton Away: BFTG

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brighton Away: BFTG

by Royal & Ancient » 10 Mar 2014 21:57

Lux I am now progressing well into my eighties and, probably my last season ticket. Have thrown my toys out several times lately having felt let down by the Club and, once or twice, by the team performance but that's what supporting is all about.
My first remembrance of football in Reading would be in 1938 when outside the Palace Theatre hearing the roar of the crowd when Reading scored! Over a mile! Large crowds then unhindered by Health and Safety. First match attendances would be in 1946 although have memories of the Americans playing a version of their football, probably 1943/4.
This not the place for 'memory lane' however but to applaud Brighton for their perseverance against the ' system'

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Mar 2014 22:14

Best of health to you R&A.....and an even longer life!

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 10 Mar 2014 22:28

Thanks,Lux.I shall not stop my interest and support,albeit probably distantly. Too many memories of Elm Park and, indeed, the players, some of whom I knew. Reading was just a smallish market town in those days, most of the shops family owned. And most of the playing staff were locally based.
Have a feeling that we are part of the very early HobNobbers before they rejigged the programme in April 2004 ! I seldom post these days, too many trolls (is that the correct word? bit old for this terminology!)

BrightonEye

by BrightonEye » 10 Mar 2014 23:12

Royal & Ancient Lux I am now progressing well into my eighties and, probably my last season ticket. Have thrown my toys out several times lately having felt let down by the Club and, once or twice, by the team performance but that's what supporting is all about.
My first remembrance of football in Reading would be in 1938 when outside the Palace Theatre hearing the roar of the crowd when Reading scored! Over a mile! Large crowds then unhindered by Health and Safety. First match attendances would be in 1946 although have memories of the Americans playing a version of their football, probably 1943/4.
This not the place for 'memory lane' however but to applaud Brighton for their perseverance against the ' system'
Many thanks for your very kind comments, R&A!

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 11 Mar 2014 00:49

The Cap
RoyallyFcuked wrote:
But, after that promising second half display, not to mention one or two returning from injury, I am looking forward to being in attendance away at Leeds on Tuesday night

In which case, as we did Bolt-on 7-1 and they did Leads 5-1, you must be looking forward to us knocking in at least a dozen :lol:

:lol:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Seriously though, if we turn up and play like we can I don't think its unrealistic to be expecting at least a 3 or 4-1 win. Trouble is it could just as easily be a drab 0-0.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 11 Mar 2014 13:56

Zana Badawi The problem with the Amex is very much the problem with the Madejski - its too far from the train station and TC - by the time youve got there the enthusiasm has started to wane.

You cannot be serious! An 8 minute journey by train from Brighton takes you to within a 2 minute walk from the stadium.

Incidentally, the £32 ticket included local travel, which includes the train from a variety of places including Brighton, Lewes and Haywards Heath. Excellent value, IMHO.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 11 Mar 2014 14:07

Yeah, you can save a few quid by not buying a ticket to Brighton itself and then using the travel privileges from the ticket to get from the edge of the zone to Brighton, and then around.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Mar 2014 15:02

East Grinstead Royal
Zana Badawi The problem with the Amex is very much the problem with the Madejski - its too far from the train station and TC - by the time youve got there the enthusiasm has started to wane.

You cannot be serious! An 8 minute journey by train from Brighton takes you to within a 2 minute walk from the stadium.

Incidentally, the £32 ticket included local travel, which includes the train from a variety of places including Brighton, Lewes and Haywards Heath. Excellent value, IMHO.

Calm down John McEnroe