Hooliganism at Reading

455 posts
Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Hooliganism at Reading

by Maneki Neko » 30 Mar 2016 17:10

as befits a subject matter that doesn't belong within the direct remit of the board, the digital photography discussions are held in the Anything Else forum

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 30 Mar 2016 19:09

I remember being pelted with 2p's by Sheffield United fans during the early 80's
I stood behind a man who smoked a pipe and behind me was a crazy glue sniffing skin head with a tattoo of a swastika on his forehead . Quite an eye opener for a 10 y/0 :cry:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 22 Apr 2016 19:06

remember dodging a few missiles from Cardiff fans at elm park
probably Swansea fans too.

\
kid next to got a golfball in the forehead, which came up in a "comedy" bump

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 Apr 2016 15:11

I remember Aldershot throwing rocks at the Reading faithful at a pre season "friendly" down at their gaff.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Apr 2016 15:52

Green I remember Aldershot throwing rocks at the Reading faithful at a pre season "friendly" down at their gaff.

Was there for that. Aldershot v Reading with no proper segregation was asking for trouble.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Apr 2016 16:53

I miss the days of Millwall, Portsmouth etc all managing to get through the flimsy fence segregating the South Bank from the away end - really sorted out the men from the boys - none of this namby pamby gesticulations like these days.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Apr 2016 20:08

I remember them filling (and owning) the Southbank before our lot had even finished their Morlands Mild

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 27 Apr 2016 20:21

'Boro at Elm Park. They scored shortly after kick off. Three quarters of their end jumping up and down like mad tots. A quarter of us, in their end (West Reading End), just stood there. Cue the days of Kirbs (RIP) and the boys. All walked out in front of their crew towards the end, with the Southbank chanting away in the background. Memories are made of this. Priceless.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 27 Apr 2016 22:01

The Cap 'Boro at Elm Park. They scored shortly after kick off. Three quarters of their end jumping up and down like mad tots. A quarter of us, in their end (West Reading End), just stood there. Cue the days of Kirbs (RIP) and the boys. All walked out in front of their crew towards the end, with the Southbank chanting away in the background. Memories are made of this. Priceless.

Did this happen on an airline?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 27 Apr 2016 22:20

Who's Kirbs?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Apr 2016 22:27

The Prisoner
The Cap 'Boro at Elm Park. They scored shortly after kick off. Three quarters of their end jumping up and down like mad tots. A quarter of us, in their end (West Reading End), just stood there. Cue the days of Kirbs (RIP) and the boys. All walked out in front of their crew towards the end, with the Southbank chanting away in the background. Memories are made of this. Priceless.

I'm not entirely sure what happened either tbf

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 27 Apr 2016 22:41

leon
The Prisoner

I'm not entirely sure what happened either tbf

He mentioned a crew. I got that bit. Definitely a crew. Made me think an airline crew might have been involved? There were some boys and some chanting as well. Maybe the boys were chanting at a check in desk? Might have been looking for upgrades? Perhaps it was a boys choir going on holiday and this Kirbs was the Head Chorister?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Apr 2016 12:12

Had a brick thrown out of a car after 'the' Swansea game (with the people on the floodlights). Aimed at my dads mate who took me (he was in colours), totally missed him and went past my head by inches. Can't remember the year, early 90's? I was somewhere between like 5 and 8. Probably would have killed me.

After the Spurs game a the Madejski last season in the Prem, walking down Rose Kiln Lane I had a Spurs fan tap me on the shoulder, spit in my face as I turned then run off. C*nt.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Apr 2016 12:19

WAZZOCK Who's Kirbs?
Kirby is a legend.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Apr 2016 13:00

maffff After the Spurs game a the Madejski last season in the Prem, walking down Rose Kiln Lane I had a Spurs fan tap me on the shoulder, spit in my face as I turned then run off. C*nt.

Please tell me that didn't happen? Probably back to his house round the corner. Murder-worthy behaviour

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Apr 2016 14:58

John Smith
maffff After the Spurs game a the Madejski last season in the Prem, walking down Rose Kiln Lane I had a Spurs fan tap me on the shoulder, spit in my face as I turned then run off. C*nt.

Please tell me that didn't happen? Probably back to his house round the corner. Murder-worthy behaviour

Yep. Disgusting.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 28 Apr 2016 15:07

maffff
John Smith

Yep. Disgusting.

prolly just pissed off for having half his cock chopped off as a kid

Kuhl_Runnings

by Kuhl_Runnings » 28 Apr 2016 15:22

My old man had been chased and pelted with pennies by Cardiff fans down Oxford Road in the 80s. He got away by revealing a Welsh rugby shirt underneath his top and saying he was from Bargoed (where his nan lived)

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 28 Apr 2016 16:51

When we played Tranmere away back in 01/02 someone shouted 'fukk off Reading' out of a car window at me (I was wearing a Reading shirt and was 11 years of age). I thought he shouted 'come on Reading' and put my thumb up at him.

When my dad said they were Tranmere fans and had in fact sworn at me, I distinctly remember letting out a huge fart (had I not have had a dump at the services on the way up, it would have been solid) and that was the moment I understood the term 'shitting yourself'.

The abuse from a car full of grown men, let it be known, completely terrified me and said nothing at all for the rest of the walk up to the ground, although I remember getting out a sly 'fukk off Tranmere' during one of the game's tense moments, and my old man letting it slide (he usually told me and my brother off for swearing). I began to feel better after that and Tony Rougier's diving header, coupled with John Salako's free-kick, made me feel even better.

That was my first face-to-face dealing with anything even resembling a hoolie and I shat it completely, a feature that has remained into adulthood. And I still hate Tranmere.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 28 Apr 2016 17:12

League Cup tie at Elm Park vs Fulham in August 72. Really went off in the Town End and remember seeing some poor young plod having seven shades kicked out of him. Trouble after the game all along the Oxford Road and the train station was a war zone. My Dad had to drive from Brackers to pick me up.

455 posts