BFTG 'Uddersfield

133 posts
Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG 'Uddersfield

by Binfield Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:21

Less of a shambles than Tuesday but a shambles non the less. Dreadful mistake by Morro to concede their goal. Generally, the passing was woeful, we gave the ball away far too easily and far too much.

Robson Kanu looked uninterested and mainly jogged around the park. Williams was very un Williams like in that he didn't seem as committed as in previous games.

I wonder if they have given up on the play offs and decided to Coast to the end of the season?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG 'Uddersfield

by Stranded » 29 Mar 2014 17:23

If we've given up on the play-offs, god knows what everyone below is doing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG Huddersfield

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:23

Better. Much better. Still not great though.

mccarthy 9 2 great saves to keep us in the game. Repaid Adkins faith.
gunter 6 better
obita 7 solid
pearce 8 much better
morro 5 misjudged two long balls one gifting them a goal. One terrible pass too.
Williams 7 upgrade on akpan
Hector 6 decent appearance but not really a midfielder.
mccleary 5 anonymous bar one run he oxf*rd up
mcanuff 7 poor set piece and left obita on his own in favour of covdring defence but othdrwise played well
hrk 6 ok. Some good play
pog 7 played it to him better but and he worked hard but not there.

drenthe 5 flattrred
alf 6 ok but not much service
akpan 6 ok. Those booing him coming on are oxf*rd morons.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Mar 2014 17:24

Yeh, can see why they might've given up on the play-offs, languishing down in 6th n all.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:25

Hands up any of you who think we can finish 6th or better with this team?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Mar 2014 17:29

We've had this team all season and we're currently 6th. So yeh, I think we can finish 6th.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Huddersfield

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Mar 2014 17:30

That guy with the beard for them was my MOTM

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Mar 2014 17:44

Agreed about beardy.

Morrison needed a bit more time with the U21s. Well off the game today. Good job that Pearce was having probably his best game this season.

Hector struggled to get into the game, but can't really be blamed as he's a defender.

Second half was ours, and I think the main change was Williams, and then Akpan playing higher up.

Other results helped again, but I'm starting to worry about our away trip to Bournemouth, they're scoring for fun at the moment.

Ref had a shocker.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Mar 2014 17:46

Binfield Royal Hands up any of you who think we can finish 6th or better with this team?

Yeah, we CAN finish higher than 6th with this TEAM, as in "should". But not with this MANAGER.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:50

Good reaction from the fans on the whole as well btw.

we desperately need more.movement and desire to receive the ball. Particularly in midfield. Glad Guthrie is back for the next game. He can't do it on his own and tends to go to deep but he adds another dimension. Morro will be lucky to keep his place and Hector unlucky to miss out on getting into the defence.

quite like hrk upfront. It didn't work but it gives us alf.off the bench. How mccleary keeps.starting is beyond me. Great on his day but hes been mostly very poor for a month or so.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:54

It's the current form. 3 points from the possible last 18 at home isn't the form needed to make and even win the play offs.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2014 17:55

Binfield Royal Hands up any of you who think we can finish 6th or better with this team?

How stupid are you exactly?

Ginger Ninjas

by Ginger Ninjas » 29 Mar 2014 18:05

Binfield Royal It's the current form. 3 points from the possible last 18 at home isn't the form needed to make and even win the play offs.

But the away form is good enough...

Anyway, that was pretty hopeless, Pearce and McCarthy the two best players, and by quite some distance.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 29 Mar 2014 18:12

well 7 wins from 20 at home really isn`t good enough is it? decent pint outside the east stand though so it wasn`t a complete disaster

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 29 Mar 2014 18:15

Pretty poor game. Huddersfield looked lively, Nahki wells showing what an actual striker looks like.

McCarthy - 8 - One definite great save, didn't see if the one that hit the post got a touch or not. Looked a little rattled at times
Gunter - 6 - Does a hell of a defensive job cleaning up for the centre backs. Tried to over complicate it a bit.
Morrison - 3 - Very poor, rushed back too quickly. Dreadful passing, very complacent, constantly beaten by the forwards.
Pearce - 6 - Powerful presence, didn't do a great deal wrong.
Obita - 5 - Couple of mazy runs but indecisive and naive at times.
McAnuff - 6 - Not his best game by a long stretch and went missing a bit in the second but his work rate in the first was exceptional. Extra point for winning the penalty.
Hector - 6 - Looked confident and passed well. Would have loved his first half strike to have gone in.
Williams - 5 - Not his usual terrier-like self.
McCleary - 5/6 - Didn't get involved much at all, but looked sharp when he did.
HRK - 4 - Poor. Tough game but very ineffectual.
Pog - 4 - See above.

Drenthe - 4 - No influence whatsoever.
Alf - 5 - Barely noticed him
Akpan - N/A - not long enough to make a mark.

I'd be tempted to play Hector alongside Pearce next game, with Guthrie and Akpan/Williams in CM. Le Fondre or Blackman to start.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 29 Mar 2014 18:16

Ian Royal Better. Much better. Still not great though.

gunter 6 better
obita 7 solid
pearce 8 much better
morro 5 misjudged two long balls one gifting them a goal. One terrible pass too.
mcanuff 7 poor set piece and left obita on his own in favour of covdring defence but othdrwise played well
hrk 6 ok. Some good play

drenthe 5 flattrred

Only marginally. We were very lucky not to lose. There was no running into space, no creativity from midfield and Kanu and Pog look like park players at times. Williams didn't look match fit, Hector completely out of place . Hudfdersfield looked a far better side with their running and passing and could have scored at least 3 goals in first half and one in second. Pog had one header well saved. Thought as soon as Le Fondre and Akpan came on we looked more dangerous. Poor performance all round. At the moment all Adkins has achieved is to take a premiership team that had a chance of survival to a very average mid table championship side. He should go at the end of the season and we should re-build using the younger players under Dolan.

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 29 Mar 2014 18:17

Ian Royal

How stupid are you exactly?

Officially?

I'm a cretin. I was a moron but was promoted to cretin when I demonstrated the ability to correctly type my username and password on here.

I am also highly disappointed that our teams performances appear to be getting worse, rather than better as the season progresses.

Thanks for asking though .....

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 29 Mar 2014 18:19

Adkins post match performance poor. Good summary by him on Tuesday but back to the same old cliched sayings again today with a running commentary which we certainly didn't need!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 29 Mar 2014 18:22

St. Brynjar Pretty poor game. Huddersfield looked lively, Nahki wells showing what an actual striker looks like.

McCarthy - 8 - One definite great save, didn't see if the one that hit the post got a touch or not. Looked a little rattled at times
Gunter - 6 - Does a hell of a defensive job cleaning up for the centre backs. Tried to over complicate it a bit.
Morrison - 3 - Very poor, rushed back too quickly. Dreadful passing, very complacent, constantly beaten by the forwards.
Pearce - 6 - Powerful presence, didn't do a great deal wrong.
Obita - 5 - Couple of mazy runs but indecisive and naive at times.
McAnuff - 6 - Not his best game by a long stretch and went missing a bit in the second but his work rate in the first was exceptional. Extra point for winning the penalty.
Hector - 6 - Looked confident and passed well. Would have loved his first half strike to have gone in.
Williams - 5 - Not his usual terrier-like self.
McCleary - 5/6 - Didn't get involved much at all, but looked sharp when he did.
HRK - 4 - Poor. Tough game but very ineffectual.
Pog - 4 - See above.

Drenthe - 4 - No influence whatsoever.

Alf - 5 - Barely noticed him
Akpan - N/A - not long enough to make a mark.

I'd be tempted to play Hector alongside Pearce next game, with Guthrie and Akpan/Williams in CM. Le Fondre or Blackman to start.

Like that idea. Its got to be worth a try

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Mar 2014 18:24

Ian Royal Better. Much better. Still not great though.

gunter 6 better
obita 7 solid
pearce 8 much better
hrk 6 ok. Some good play

drenthe 5 flattrred

Pretty much agreed, would drop HRK a point and wouldn't bother rating Akpan.

We were lacking technical ability in the final third (particularly in the second half). Hector didn't look like a midfielder. The back line was disorganised.

I'd bring Guthrie in for Morrison. HRK is not suited to the role he played today either, I'd shift him wide and drop McCleary for Drenthe.

I don't know why Adkins bothers with Taylor on the bench, he's clearly not going to bring him on and he obviously prefers Hector and Akpan in midfield. I'd have liked to see him get a run today, more creative than Akpan.

133 posts