Michael Hector

DandyDon

Re: Michael Hector

by DandyDon » 04 Apr 2014 01:07

YateleyRoyal Dunno what you want here DandyDon, you have Shaleum Logan instead.

Logan is a proper full back, something Hector is not. He can play at full back but he isn't as good there as he is in the middle, and Logan is a better RB than Hector was. Our captain is a rock in our defence but he's 35 and not getting any younger. Signing a young, promising player like Hector would fill the void and it would be a real signal of intent for ourselves and I think it would be mutually beneficial should he return north. That being said, I completely understand if he signs on with Reading; he'll have a point to prove after being repeatedly sent out on loan and he'll want to force himself into your starting line-up.

Regardless of where he ends up, he's a cracking player, a cracking loon and I wish him all the best, as do the rest of us in Aberdeen.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Apr 2014 07:04

Nice comments, mate

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 04 Apr 2014 07:32

DandyDon
YateleyRoyal Dunno what you want here DandyDon, you have Shaleum Logan instead.

Logan is a proper full back, something Hector is not. He can play at full back but he isn't as good there as he is in the middle, and Logan is a better RB than Hector was. Our captain is a rock in our defence but he's 35 and not getting any younger. Signing a young, promising player like Hector would fill the void and it would be a real signal of intent for ourselves and I think it would be mutually beneficial should he return north. That being said, I completely understand if he signs on with Reading; he'll have a point to prove after being repeatedly sent out on loan and he'll want to force himself into your starting line-up.

Regardless of where he ends up, he's a cracking player, a cracking loon and I wish him all the best, as do the rest of us in Aberdeen.

You lot definitely seemed to have left a good impression on him, he talks about Aberdeen all the time according to Jake Taylor, and even went to watch you in a cup final recently. Probably got a pretty safe bet where he'll go if for whatever reason we can't keep him here.

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 04 Apr 2014 07:57

Question for DandyDon.

Hypothetical scenario... Adkins and McInnes sat in a pub discussing Hector.. McInnes drinking a lager with a Whisky chaser... Adkins on a cherryade... Adkins says you can have Hector, but you have to tell me who would be the best young prospect in Scotland for us to buy and bring down to the McDejski.... Would it be the young messi at Dundee Utd or is there someone else you'd recommend?

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 04 Apr 2014 08:49

Cape Town Royal Question for DandyDon.

Hypothetical scenario... Adkins and McInnes sat in a pub discussing Hector.. McInnes drinking a lager with a Whisky chaser... Adkins on a cherryade

lolz. reckon Adkins would be on one of them flamboyant Delboy style cocktails

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 04 Apr 2014 09:14

has 'potential'

Sidindaclub

by Sidindaclub » 04 Apr 2014 12:32

I definatley rate Hector highly, i think he is one of our most promising players for the future. Glad he performed really well at Aberdeen, the fans clearly loved him up there. But i think he is our future main CB, really hope he stays. its good to see adkins is giving him as much playing time as possible, behind Pearce as first choice. He looked quite good at CM/DM but i think CB is his position and should be starting.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 04 Apr 2014 12:53

DandyDon I completely understand if he signs on with Reading; he'll have a point to prove after being repeatedly sent out on loan and he'll want to force himself into your starting line-up.
A bit like Jordan Obita, a contender for our POTS.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 04 Apr 2014 17:53

Having watched him playing in our youth teams 18 & 21 , and out on loan a couple of times, i think he is maturing nicely, has certainly got bigger & stronger and if we handle him properly could be a v.good player

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 04 Apr 2014 21:46

Respect to the newbie, clearly a genuine fan after an honest opinion, makes a change to find one tbf given the number of troll c*nts around.

The thing some people may not understand is that we have always sent our youth players we rate out on loan to numerous lower league clubs. Alex Pearce went out to Northampton, Bournemouth, Norwich and Southampton, while Jem Karacan went out on loan to Bournemouth and Millwall. James HEnry, now of Wolves, went to Forest, Bournemouth, Norwich and Millwall. Jordan Obita has spent loan periods at Barnet, Gillingham, Portsmouth and Oldham, Alex McCarthy has spent loads of time at Woking, Cambridge, Team Bath, Aldershot, Yeovil, Brentford, Leeds and Ipswich. As if the point needed exemplifying, Simon Church went to Crewe, Yeovil, Wycombe and Orient (and Huddersfield last season), and Michail Antonio spent time at Cheltenham, Southampton, Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday.

Michael Hector is no different, we rate him highly and hope he has developed sufficiently on his loan spells to bring him up to Championship standard. He is arguably the highest rated youngster we've had for a number of years, certainly since Gylfi. I just hope he signs a new contract with us and is given a chance, having seen him play a few times there is no doubt he potentially adds a different dimension to the defence, certainly one that isn't so rabbit in headlights with the ball at his feet and more suited to the Nigel Adkins philosophy.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Apr 2014 22:13

handbags_harris Respect to the newbie, clearly a genuine fan after an honest opinion, makes a change to find one tbf given the number of troll c*nts around.

The thing some people may not understand is that we have always sent our youth players we rate out on loan to numerous lower league clubs. Alex Pearce went out to Northampton, Bournemouth, Norwich and Southampton, while Jem Karacan went out on loan to Bournemouth and Millwall. James HEnry, now of Wolves, went to Forest, Bournemouth, Norwich and Millwall. Jordan Obita has spent loan periods at Barnet, Gillingham, Portsmouth and Oldham, Alex McCarthy has spent loads of time at Woking, Cambridge, Team Bath, Aldershot, Yeovil, Brentford, Leeds and Ipswich. As if the point needed exemplifying, Simon Church went to Crewe, Yeovil, Wycombe and Orient (and Huddersfield last season), and Michail Antonio spent time at Cheltenham, Southampton, Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday.

Michael Hector is no different, we rate him highly and hope he has developed sufficiently on his loan spells to bring him up to Championship standard. He is arguably the highest rated youngster we've had for a number of years, certainly since Gylfi. I just hope he signs a new contract with us and is given a chance, having seen him play a few times there is no doubt he potentially adds a different dimension to the defence, certainly one that isn't so rabbit in headlights with the ball at his feet and more suited to the Nigel Adkins philosophy.

Very arguably.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Apr 2014 22:46

handbags_harris He is arguably the highest rated youngster we've had for a number of years, certainly since Gylfi.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 05 Apr 2014 00:18

Hector should start next season, we should stick with him. He's young, pacey and comfortable on the ball.

A back four with Gunter, Hector and Obita in it will be exciting and very athletic.

If we don't sort his contract out and he leaves it will be criminal

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Apr 2014 00:27

Really?

Far far too early to jump on the hna Hector hysteria

DandyDon

by DandyDon » 05 Apr 2014 02:43

Cape Town Royal Question for DandyDon.

Hypothetical scenario... Adkins and McInnes sat in a pub discussing Hector.. McInnes drinking a lager with a Whisky chaser... Adkins on a cherryade... Adkins says you can have Hector, but you have to tell me who would be the best young prospect in Scotland for us to buy and bring down to the McDejski.... Would it be the young messi at Dundee Utd or is there someone else you'd recommend?

Best young prospect, best young prospect... Honestly, I would say our very own Peter Pawlett. He's 22 and this season he has been utterly outstanding. He was underused and played out of position by previous managers but since McInnes came in, Pawlett's turn around has been nothing short of miraculous. He will be a genuine POTY candidate for the league at the end of the season. He's off limits though - unless we're offered several million, then we'll talk. :P

Andrew Robertson at United is fantastic as well. Left back who signed for them from Queen's Park in the summer and he's had some season, rising from Scotland's fourth tier to a senior team Scotland cap in around 9 months. He is very, very highly rated up here, down south as well going by talk in the papers. As for Gauld he's been great in flashes but in the three matches we've had with United this year he's failed to shine (he was actually born in Aberdeen, I don't know if there's something about playing against his local team that has affected his performances). Aberdeen and Dundee United have, arguably, the best youth systems in Scotland so it's no wonder both clubs have been producing and selling good young talent.