Team for Bournemouth (A)

Kebe is our Messi

Re: Team for Bournemouth (A)

by Kebe is our Messi » 07 Apr 2014 17:44

To be completely honest this game plays right into our hands, Bournemouth have to beat us so i'm expecting us to catch them on the counter much the same way as we did against charlton and in fact most away games this season. Get Drenthe/Mcleary running at Harte and we should be fine.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 07 Apr 2014 18:02

Kebe is our Messi To be completely honest this game plays right into our hands, Bournemouth have to beat us so i'm expecting us to catch them on the counter much the same way as we did against charlton and in fact most away games this season. Get Drenthe/Mcleary running at Harte and we should be fine.

drenthe does not do much running, with that in mind start mcleary

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Apr 2014 18:06

loyalroyal4life
Kebe is our Messi To be completely honest this game plays right into our hands, Bournemouth have to beat us so i'm expecting us to catch them on the counter much the same way as we did against charlton and in fact most away games this season. Get Drenthe/Mcleary running at Harte and we should be fine.

drenthe does not do much running, with that in mind start mcleary

:|

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 07 Apr 2014 19:00

Steve Cook seems confident, but I question how much he's seen us play!

http://youtu.be/jGRc07rlBwQ

Loyal royal 247

by Loyal royal 247 » 07 Apr 2014 19:58

McCarthy
Gunter Pearce Morrison obita
Mcleary Williams Guthrie McCanuff
Pogrbniak Le fondre

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 07 Apr 2014 20:07

McCarthy
Gunter Pearce Morrison Obita
Guthrie
Williams Akpan
McCleary McAnuff
Pogrebnyak

Midfield three rotating in midfield, plenty of energy and pace to play behind Pogrebnyak when pushing up.
Solid hard working wingers and pacey fullbacks.

Can't imagine us playing a proper 4-5-1 though as Adkins seems to prefer 4-2-3-1 when not playing with two up front.
Last edited by akranes on 07 Apr 2014 20:16, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Apr 2014 20:12

Mccarthy
Gunter
Pearce
Morrison
Bridge
Guthrie
Akpan
Williams
Mcanuff
Obita
Pog

Feds, Kelly, ALF, Hector, HRK, Drenthe, Mccleary

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Apr 2014 20:18

Same as Saturday I bet...

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Apr 2014 10:16

McCarthy
Gunter Morrison Pearce Obita
McCleary Williams Guthrie McAnuff
Pogrebnyak Le Fondre

Federici
Hector
Drenthe
Gorkss
Bridge
Robson-Kanu
Blackman

I'd worry with Pearce and Gorkss up against Grabban, so I'd want a bit more pace. Probably rather see Morro in than Hector, but I'd be happy either way, not sure whether I'd drop Gorkss or Pearce. Probably Gorkss as we'll need a bit of strength against Kermorgant and Pearce/Morro should be able to battle him down in the air. I'd still worry about Grabban v Pearce in the gap between him and Obita..

Doubt we'll get any joy on the left with Jobi v Francis. I'd be tempted to give Drenthe a go there. I wouldn't be too worried about Pugh v Obita, unless Kermorgant/Grabban drift. Kermorgant is less likely but can see Grabban targeting Gorkss / the gap between him and Obita.

v. Elphick / Cook. KEEP IT DOWN. If we have it on the floor we're more likely to get through. Their defence isn't better than ours man for man (although defensively I'd probably take Francis over any of ours).

Surman and Ritchie worry me. If Gunter is trying to get forward they'll exploit that space.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Apr 2014 10:29

maffff McCarthy
Gunter Morrison Pearce Obita
McCleary Williams Guthrie McAnuff
Pogrebnyak Le Fondre

Federici
Hector
Drenthe
Gorkss
Bridge
Robson-Kanu
Blackman

I'd worry with Pearce and Gorkss up against Grabban, so I'd want a bit more pace. Probably rather see Morro in than Hector, but I'd be happy either way, not sure whether I'd drop Gorkss or Pearce. Probably Gorkss as we'll need a bit of strength against Kermorgant and Pearce/Morro should be able to battle him down in the air. I'd still worry about Grabban v Pearce in the gap between him and Obita..

Doubt we'll get any joy on the left with Jobi v Francis. I'd be tempted to give Drenthe a go there. I wouldn't be too worried about Pugh v Obita, unless Kermorgant/Grabban drift. Kermorgant is less likely but can see Grabban targeting Gorkss / the gap between him and Obita.

v. Elphick / Cook. KEEP IT DOWN. If we have it on the floor we're more likely to get through. Their defence isn't better than ours man for man (although defensively I'd probably take Francis over any of ours).

Surman and Ritchie worry me. If Gunter is trying to get forward they'll exploit that space.

That was fine about them but what about us?
It's obvious that we need to use the pace of McCleary and Gunter against Harte who is expected to play again as the first choice is still unfit.
Anything but a loss would be a good result for us but with our successful away record in counter attack football (not so successful when we try the same at home)a win should be on the cards.

Grabban will be a problem (as we found out at our place) with our central defenders all being slow and I doubt that Adkins will play Hector in such a big game (I think he should but he won't).
The other problem could well be Ritchie cutting in from our left with Obita not being the best of tacklers.
Am looking forward to the game as , for once, I'll be home before midnight.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 08 Apr 2014 10:57

McCarthy
Gunter Pearce Gorkss Obita
Guthrie
Drenthe Williams McCleary
McAnuff
Pog

I think Jobi plays so much better in the free role, I just wiah he would get more of a chance

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Apr 2014 11:59

Surely you start GMac against Harte? No brainer!

Very nervous about this one. Of the next 3 games this is the most important one to get something from.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Apr 2014 12:04

MmmMonsterMunch Surely you start GMac against Harte? No brainer!

Very nervous about this one. Of the next 3 games this is the most important one to get something from.

Absolutely and if he is fit and Adkins doesn't play him he should be sacked (unless we win of course).

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 08 Apr 2014 12:11

BR2

Absolutely and if he is fit and Adkins doesn't play him he should be sacked (unless we win of course).

Although I guess there is a case for lulling them into a false sense of security 1st half & then once Harte gets knackered stick GMac on for the last 35 to scare him half to death.

If GMac is not 100% fit this could be a good thing to do. We need him fit for the play offs.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 08 Apr 2014 12:32

Yes, Harte is an obvious weakness, but he seems to have done OK against Hoillett on Saturday.

That said though we have to target him - I'd give McCleary and Drenthe a half each so they can run him ragged, if McCleary is carrying a knock I'd start with him rather than risk bringing on an injured player

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 08 Apr 2014 12:36

MmmMonsterMunch
BR2

Although I guess there is a case for lulling them into a false sense of security 1st half & then once Harte gets knackered stick GMac on for the last 35 to scare him half to death.

If GMac is not 100% fit this could be a good thing to do. We need him fit for the play offs.

More like LOLling them into a false sense of security :!: Right guys :?:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Apr 2014 12:39

Pepe the Horseman
MmmMonsterMunch Although I guess there is a case for lulling them into a false sense of security 1st half & then once Harte gets knackered stick GMac on for the last 35 to scare him half to death.

More like LOLling them into a false sense of security :!: Right guys :?:

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Apr 2014 12:41

....and just for completeness

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 08 Apr 2014 13:52

---------------------McCarthy--------------------

Gunter---------Pearce----Gorkss----------Obita

--------------Williams------Guthrie---------------

--McCleary---------Drenthe--------McAnuff----

------------------------Pog------------------------

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Apr 2014 17:43

Can't believe it was as long ago as April 2001 when we were brilliant at Dean Court but only won 2-1 (Cureton and Butler).
They still go on about that game a few weeks later when we drew 3-3 at our place stopping them getting in the play-offs.
IIRC we were already in a play-off spot so couldn't care less and were a bit too relaxed in our approach to the game in which an 18 year-old Defoe scored for them and their players were in tears at the final whistle.
More of the same tonight please lads.

For one who travels to all of our home games what a pleasure it is that I will just stroll up to the game at around 7-00 and meet my mate who has my ticket.
If ,for some reason, he doesn't make it and I can't blag my way in I'll be back on here at about 8-15.
Hope not to be posting until later and if in the mood will contribute to the BFTG thread.