LCFC Match Thread - Sponsored by We've got the record... 106

176 posts
Mr.Swainey

Re: LCFC Match Thread - Sponsored by We've got the record...

by Mr.Swainey » 14 Apr 2014 22:51

How on earth De Laet wasn't sent off is beyond me.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Apr 2014 22:51

Handsome Man McCarthy - 6 - Shocking effort for their goal and a bit flappy
Gunter - 7 - Still good
Bridge - 7 - Better than I expected
Morrison - 6 - Getting there
Pearce - 8 - Good goal and was always involved
Hector - 8 - Looked really elegant at the end, so MotM for that
Williams - 8 - I hope he can stay fit
Obita - 7 - Better at full back
MacAnuff - 7 - He's OK
McCleary - 8 - Sharp
Pogrebnyak - 6 - Tried hard, but the worst thing about this season has been watching other teams with strikers who can play a bit

Legs - 6 - Seemed to improve things until the red card
Drenthe - 3 - Gardening leave time; the summer's priority is to offload him
HRK - 6 - OK

Overall, it was a good point.

Ah, Hector got mom for being elegant. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Apr 2014 22:59

I realised during this game that I no longer give a shit if we make the playoffs or not.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 14 Apr 2014 22:59

I'm slowly losing the motivation and passion to keep following the team and although I will always love the club is it worth the time, effort and money to watch this group at the moment?

I know it seems a rather strange time to say this after a very creditable result against Leicester but again it was not the performance that we have been wanting to see all season. We just seem to have too many poor players prime examples being, McAnuff, HRK, Gorkks and IMO Gunter (some would disagree).

I'm not actually bothered whether we lose 5-0 or win 5-0, whether we are 24th or 1st in the league as long as the team is giving it their all and I just don't see that currently. We are simply clueless, we have no game plan. Most of the time we just lump the ball to Pog and Le Fondre who then lose it and it goes back to our defence and we lump it long again etc. We even struggle to string a sequence of short passes together.

in the past few years I have enjoyed going to Reading, home or away but this season I just haven't.

Cue an unbelievable last 4 games of the season and promotion to the premier league
Last edited by Unbelievable Jeff on 14 Apr 2014 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

daswonder

by daswonder » 14 Apr 2014 23:03

Unbelievable Jeff I'm slowly losing the motivation and passion to keep following the team and although I will always love the club is it worth the time, effort and money to watch this group at the moment?

I know it seems a rather strange time to say this after a very creditable result against Leicester but again it was not the performance that we have been wanting to see all season. We just seem to have too many poor players prime examples being, McAnuff, HRK, Gorkks and IMO Gunter (some would disagree).

I'm not actually bothered whether we lose 5-0 or win 5-0, whether we are 24th or 1st in the league as long as the team is giving it their all and I just don't see that currently. We are simply clueless, we have no game plan. Most of the time we just lump the ball to Pog and Le Fondre who just lose it and it goes back to our defence and we lump it long again etc. We even struggle to string a sequence of short passes together.

in the past few years I have enjoyed going to Reading, home or away but this season I just haven't.

Cue an unbelievable last 4 games of the season and promotion to the premier league

+1

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 14 Apr 2014 23:06

I'm a McAnuff fan but he was toilet tonight. Proper Armitage Shanks.

Garath Mac, Gunter & Obita alright. A couple of decent McCarthy stops, but the rest all average at best except bobbins Legs.

Gary Taylor-Fletcher is a fat oxf*rd isn't he?!

Roll on summer.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Apr 2014 23:16

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 23:36

Ian Royal Cracking performance on the whole against a very good Leicester side and we just about edged it in chances and held on for a creditable point despite immense pressure at times. Obviously they were on top for large parts of the game. Much more like how we should be playing but still work to be done and easy to be up for this.

proper review once somekne does a back from the game thread. Anyone complaining about that is a spoilt brat.

+ 1 Agreed Ian & all the whiners clearly watching it on Sky. Their gave their all tonight.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Apr 2014 00:00

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Ian Royal Cracking performance on the whole against a very good Leicester side and we just about edged it in chances and held on for a creditable point despite immense pressure at times. Obviously they were on top for large parts of the game. Much more like how we should be playing but still work to be done and easy to be up for this.

proper review once somekne does a back from the game thread. Anyone complaining about that is a spoilt brat.

Cracking performance??? Count me in as a spoilt brat then because I thought that was awful against a team already on their summer holidays. I have no idea what they do in training every day, as the lack of skills and tactics was at times embarrassing. These players earn tens of thousands a week and yet find it hard to control a ball or pass 10 yards to a teammate. How we are still sixth is beyond me. The clear out in summer can't come soon enough for me.

You can't have watched the same game as me if you thought Leicester were a team on their hols. Best team at the mad stad this season by far.
Vast improvement on recent performances and results. Against by far the best team in the division. All about context.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 15 Apr 2014 00:02

Emmer Green Royal
Avon Royal
Emmer Green Royal I can't believe how rubbish that was. The second half was so poor I started to count how many passes there were in each Reading move. I only got past two once. Then we kicked the ball into touch.

Well you're not the sharpest knife in the draw........

drawer

:lol:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 15 Apr 2014 08:36

Royal Ginger

When he came on I thought "hang on a minute! They're a man short & have given some bloke in the crowd on a Wonka ticket a 15 minute run out in a replica shirt". Reckon he goes to Maccy D's when the rest go train.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Apr 2014 08:42

The Prisoner
Royal Ginger

When he came on I thought "hang on a minute! They're a man short & have given some bloke in the crowd on a Wonka ticket a 15 minute run out in a replica shirt". Reckon he goes to Maccy D's when the rest go train.

He'd be a step up from our lanky Russian

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 15 Apr 2014 10:03

windermere_royal
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Cracking performance??? Count me in as a spoilt brat then because I thought that was awful against a team already on their summer holidays. I have no idea what they do in training every day, as the lack of skills and tactics was at times embarrassing. These players earn tens of thousands a week and yet find it hard to control a ball or pass 10 yards to a teammate. How we are still sixth is beyond me. The clear out in summer can't come soon enough for me.
yes you are a dickhead, from where I was sat it looked like one of our better performances of the season until 2 rather puzzling subs by the boss took away are momentum late in the game. after that we were hanging on

Thankyou for your very well reasoned and extremely polite response. Heaven forbid if someone says anything to you *really* don't like. :roll:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Apr 2014 10:51

Mr Swainey Wrote: How on earth De Laet wasn't sent off is beyond me.

What a moaner De Laet was.... Good going forward though!!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Apr 2014 11:04

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Mr Swainey Wrote: How on earth De Laet wasn't sent off is beyond me.

What a moaner De Laet was.... Good going forward though!!

Agreed, I thought De Laet was one of their best players.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 15 Apr 2014 13:32

Ian Royal
Who Moved The Goalposts?

You can't have watched the same game as me if you thought Leicester were a team on their hols. Best team at the mad stad this season by far.
Vast improvement on recent performances and results. Against by far the best team in the division. All about context.

Get what you are saying about context, but even the Leicester fans thought their team played below their normal tempo. I don't fault lack of effort, just tactics and ability - there were so many instances of not even being able to get the basics right and I think that's a cause for concern. I also think that half our team were playing at well below 100% fitness. Williams and McCleary had to go off, Pog had some kind of neck strenthening aid and Bridge looked way off match pace. I think it would take a miracle to get something from Wigan and subsequently get into the playoffs, but if this means having to offload the high earners and blood the youth then so be it. It's going to be an interesting summer.

I always got the impression Leicester could up their game if they needed to avoid defeat, but for them it's job done. Shame they couldn't have done that last week against Brighton.

176 posts