Boro - Turn Your Back Protest

135 posts
East Stand Ste

Re: Boro - Turn Your Back Protest

by East Stand Ste » 19 Apr 2014 08:07

My protest should it take place will be not going...not driving all that way to turn away from the action (lol)

boycey

by boycey » 19 Apr 2014 08:11

With 3 games left, 2 at home. 1 point from the play offs.
A good round of motivational booing should ensure things run as per normal.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 19 Apr 2014 08:46

People can of course do what they want. But in my opinion people who turn there back for even one minute, might as well bugger off and find another team, we really don't need you!
It has been poor at times, but do your moaning and groaning privately and not shouting at the players etc, they need help with some positivity!!
Might be easy to say but just try it, it's 90 mins that's all, and if you really hate it, then done come back, you really won't be missed!!!
So here's to Tuesdays game, as we all know why we love football, anything can happen, and we are never surprised!!!

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Apr 2014 09:01

East Stand Ste My protest should it take place will be not going...not driving all that way to turn away from the action (lol)

Me too though less of a protest and more of a case of finding something (anything) better to do

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Apr 2014 10:31

Ian Royal Thoroughly agreed this season has been a total disaster. I can't believe we've had to suffer a double relegation, sold our best players, abandoned our Academy and look like losing the stadium.
#Turn your backs

Right, so by your logic anything short of that type of a disaster is acceptable! :roll:

Why the f*ck should anyone regard this season as being acceptable?! We shouild have been in a great position to mount a serious push for promotion straight back to the PL but instead, thanks to Anton's duplicity, Madejski's incompetence (in the way he and his advisors set up the sale deal in a manner that enabled Anton to do what he did), Madejski's broken assurances re transfer funding and doubtless Anton and Madejski's broken commitments to Adkins, this season has been completely wasted.

I don't often agree with Dellor but the other week he was absolutely spot on in his assessment of the club's situation. Whilst some may still argue that the club has moved forwards over the past couple of years, our forward momentum has not been as great as those clubs around us and therefore in relative terms we have fallen backwards and aren't in as strong a position as we previously were.

As for turning backs - it is possible to use that gesture to give two fingers to the wantaway owners, whilst continuing to support the players on the pitch.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 19 Apr 2014 10:51

In a play off place all season and now just 1 point and 1 place out of it having been in the Prem last year and history shows relegated teams usually do worse than that. Youth team also almost making it to the cup final.

Fans of Hereford, Portsmouth and Coventry would be well within their rights to protest, not fans of a club who are about to have one of the highest league finishes in it's 143 year history but lost sight of reality and got a greedy along the way

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Apr 2014 11:03

Schards#2 I actually felt jealous of the Blackpool fans this afternoon, at least they've got someone to protest at. The catalyst for this shambolic season and the person who should be on the receiving end of a whole world of abuse has simply dissapeared. Turn your back all you want, the person responsible isn't there and isn't interested, you may as well yell in an empty room. I would rather have any owner other than Zingaravitch, at least you might have some inkling of where we were going, good or bad. Instead, we're stuck in a limbo which can only result in a downward spiral.

I feel sorry for Sir John, he's doing the best he can but, with 49% of the club, there's nothing he can do but try and keep things ticking over until Mr 51% decides what, if anything, he wants to do with the club. Whilst he's clearly made a horrible error of judgement, Sir Johnremains a hero of this club, not least for trying to hold it together now when he could cheerfully just walk away.

So who else is to blame? Adkins? Quite clearly Adkins can't motivate this squad, time and again we've seen utterly inept and gutless performances and, when the chips are down at the end of the season, the team has meekly folded. Instinctively, I would normally blame the manager but we don't know what he's up against. He has a squad who know there are no replacements coming. He's failed, but he may be doing a job in which no one could succeed so I'm not pointing the finger yet.

Which leaves the players, once the whistle blows it's down to them and, on paper, they are one of the best 2-3 squads in the division but time and time and time again they've totally failed to produce the goods. I can't think of a more underperforming squad ever at this club, when we've been garbage in the past, it's because the players were garbage, this lot should be doing far better. Even in the woeful season after the first relegation, we comfortably made the play offs. They seem complacent, lazy, uncommitted, gutless and mercenary. I fully expect the higher earners to still be here next year leeching the last of the parachute payments. Collectively, they've totally let the club and the fans down and need a collective look at themselves.

Don't get your hopes up for a last hurrah in the final 3 games, this squad has every opportunity to step up to the plate, they haven't and they never will. I hope they play some of the kids for the last few games, at least we might see some commitment.

Through the season I've mocked some of the negative tweeters when we've won a couple, thinking the team was turning a corner, well I was wrong and they were right, this team with this manager, for whatever reason, is never going to get it right.

I can never fault your football posts Schards. A constructive opinion without the melodrama. Agreed, I'd rather have been a Leeds fan in their ownership nightmare - at least they knew what was going on, have managed to attract a buyer and can finally see a way out.

I disagree about Madejski though. He is no hero. He sold this club to the first crook he could and the only reason he hasn't "cheerfully walked away" is because he can't - Anton didn't buy the remaining shares; it's not like JM refused to sell them out of any loyalty. If Anton offered to buy the remaining shares today, JM would be a vanishing dot on the horizon.

As for Adkins, you are right. In my opinion he has had a very difficult job this season. An in insane injury epidemic has meant we've had little chance to bond a consistent team together or for players to find any real form and the lack of investment has meant we've had little in the way of depth or cover. Yet Adkins has failed to help Reading FC and much of his decision making has made things worse. Poor team selections, lack of intervention during games, wrong tactics, baffling substitutions, confusing exclusions, zero motivation and unsettling constant tinkering has made a broken squad worse. Sometimes football is about coping with problems and he just hasn't coped well at all.

Regarding players, you have to ask yourself why they haven't performed - for me it's mostly because of the managerial failures listed above but it's primarily a complete lack of team spirit. We saw with Brian, you can get any group of players to perform above their ability if they play as a team - it's this more than anything which wins you matches - individual skill is almost irrelevant - if you have it without a good team ethic it's useless and if you don't have it you can still go far if team spirit is there. Why Reading have lost this I really don't know.

M0J0

by M0J0 » 19 Apr 2014 11:22

You appear to be a load of newbies.

Reading fc were always a third division side, then along came the TVT and his side kick
(the fat Scottish one) and within a season or two we were seeing the likes of teams we had
never seen at the hallowed stadium then after Leicester (grrr) the man at the top had an ego
surge and got the local businesses to build him an edifice to this ego, all he needed then to
complete his ambition was Steve of 106 fame. Wow Premier league football at Reading
to go with a Wembley cup final win.
Unthinkable, but we witnessed it, thanks; I for one can die happy but before I do I will
continue to cheer the team, whoever is playing, and whatever league we are in
THATS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU SUPPORT A TEAM so I will never turn away from the team
and I will stay after being outplayed and beaten 3-0 and clap the team from the pitch,
Will I be alone ?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Apr 2014 11:33

I'm willing to bet that on Tuesday night, the thread creator and a couple of his chums will turn their backs; everyone else will either not notice, or will look at them in a bemused manner.

Meanwhile in Russia, Anton will take note and on the back of such a protest, simply jack it all in.

Why not suggest a pitch invasion and a sit down protest in the centre circle whilst you are at it? What will the demands be? Oh yeah........."We demand Premier League football as it's our right!'

:roll:

What a oxf*rd embarrassment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2014 11:33

M0J0 You appear to be a load of newbies.

Reading fc were always a third division side, then along came the TVT and his side kick
(the fat Scottish one) and within a season or two we were seeing the likes of teams we had
never seen at the hallowed stadium then after Leicester (grrr) the man at the top had an ego
surge and got the local businesses to build him an edifice to this ego, all he needed then to
complete his ambition was Steve of 106 fame. Wow Premier league football at Reading
Unthinkable, but we witnessed it, thanks; I for one can die happy but before I do I will
THATS WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU SUPPORT A TEAM so I will never turn away from the team
and I will stay after being outplayed and beaten 3-0 and clap the team from the pitch,
Will I be alone ?

No.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 19 Apr 2014 11:58

Maybe if one of us notices a few .....what shall we call them?? Supporters, fans???? No wait yes idiots.....turning there backs we can somehow point them out to the rest of us.
Then we can all have a laugh and point at them, with the hope they will be so embarrassed they will depart and never grace the stadium again!!!

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 19 Apr 2014 12:03

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal Thoroughly agreed this season has been a total disaster. I can't believe we've had to suffer a double relegation, sold our best players, abandoned our Academy and look like losing the stadium.
#Turn your backs

Right, so by your logic anything short of that type of a disaster is acceptable! :roll:

Why the f*ck should anyone regard this season as being acceptable?! We shouild have been in a great position to mount a serious push for promotion straight back to the PL but instead, thanks to Anton's duplicity, Madejski's incompetence (in the way he and his advisors set up the sale deal in a manner that enabled Anton to do what he did), Madejski's broken assurances re transfer funding and doubtless Anton and Madejski's broken commitments to Adkins, this season has been completely wasted.

I don't often agree with Dellor but the other week he was absolutely spot on in his assessment of the club's situation. Whilst some may still argue that the club has moved forwards over the past couple of years, our forward momentum has not been as great as those clubs around us and therefore in relative terms we have fallen backwards and aren't in as strong a position as we previously were.

As for turning backs - it is possible to use that gesture to give two fingers to the wantaway owners, whilst continuing to support the players on the pitch.

Madejski, moan, moan, Madejski, moan, moan, is a good summary for this posters' typical drivel.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 19 Apr 2014 12:29

Mr.Swainey
RoyalBlue
#Turn your backs

Madejski, moan, moan, Madejski, moan, moan, is a good summary for this posters' typical drivel.

Did Sir John drive over his pet cat, because every post from Blue seems to direct invective in his direction?

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 19 Apr 2014 12:52

Martin41 Maybe if one of us notices a few .....what shall we call them?? Supporters, fans???? No wait yes idiots.....turning there backs we can somehow point them out to the rest of us.
Then we can all have a laugh and point at them, with the hope they will be so embarrassed they will depart and never grace the stadium again!!!

Just a whisker away from the inevitable, "I'm a better fan than you" post which is often where these debates finish up, people who don't share your particular view are not necessarily idiots, but they are entitled to their opinion.

We've been a bit shit, shit happens and we will rise and fall like the tides of fortune, but fans are permitted to express their view however misguided it may be!

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 19 Apr 2014 12:56

1871 not 1998 When are you powderpuff Reading fans going to make a point and demonstrate your displeasure at the pathetic, lifeless, half arsed performances we've have to put up with this season?

Turn your back for the first minute at kick-off!

Anton and his broken promises OUT
Madejski and his broken promises OUT
Over-paid mercenaries OUT

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2014 13:43

Eaststandman
Martin41 Maybe if one of us notices a few .....what shall we call them?? Supporters, fans???? No wait yes idiots.....turning there backs we can somehow point them out to the rest of us.

Just a whisker away from the inevitable, "I'm a better fan than you" post which is often where these debates finish up, people who don't share your particular view are not necessarily idiots, but they are entitled to their opinion.

We've been a bit shit, shit happens and we will rise and fall like the tides of fortune, but fans are permitted to express their view however misguided it may be!

They're spoilt children with a pathetic idea that's a massive over-reaction that the majority will rightly ignore.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 19 Apr 2014 14:11

Yes as I said earlier people can do what they want.
However if you really feel you have to protest ( which I don't) firstly wait for something actually worth protesting about, and secondly , in my opinion why turn your back for 1 minute? They already have your money etc, and it will make no difference, and you will never get that minute back.
As I said earlier do what you want, but you will pretty much be on your own, and wasting your time. If you don't like it don't come, simple really.
Same as these people that say this is the worst team I have sen in over 20 years, really???
I've been going now for nearly 25 years, and I'm pretty sure I've seen much worse, but what do I know? It's just one persons opinion, like everything , some will agree some will not. However I don't see how anyone can think we have not had a. Worse team in the last 25 years...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 19 Apr 2014 14:16

But...but....if we turnout backs we might miss a goal. Or the away fans might think its a sh+t goal celebration.

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 19 Apr 2014 14:27

Yes it was one of many awful performances this season but can we really complain ...

Look at the team

Mccarthy- No complaints never stopping the 2 goals I saw

Gunter- Came from a struggling Forest side chucked into Premier League been one of our better performers this season

Pearce- Is a donkey but old fashioned centre back but has passion for this team

Morro- Injured most of the season, never really rated him

Obita- Young, inexperienced and has been moved about all season yet still our best player

Mcleary- Same as Gunter + injured and not fit

Hector - only his 3rd start not a holding midfieldee

Williams- Not fit but one of our best players

Akpan- Trys hard not good enough

Mcanuff- See Akpan

Pog- Lonely upfront yesterday no support, immobile, cant wib headers

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 19 Apr 2014 14:45

Been going since 1992.....hth

M0J0 You appear to be a load of newbies.

Will I be alone ?

135 posts