Boro - Turn Your Back Protest

135 posts
1871 not 1998

Boro - Turn Your Back Protest

by 1871 not 1998 » 18 Apr 2014 19:24

When are you powderpuff Reading fans going to make a point and demonstrate your displeasure at the pathetic, lifeless, half arsed performances we've have to put up with this season?

Turn your back for the first minute at kick-off!

Anton and his broken promises OUT
Madejski and his broken promises OUT
Over-paid mercenaries OUT

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Boro - Turn Your Back Protest

by super darren caskey » 18 Apr 2014 19:31

Mongs OUT

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Apr 2014 19:31

Thoroughly agreed this season has been a total disaster. I can't believe we've had to suffer a double relegation, sold our best players, abandoned our Academy and look like losing the stadium.
#Turn your backs

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Apr 2014 19:40

Ian Royal Thoroughly agreed this season has been a total disaster. I can't believe we've had to suffer a double relegation, sold our best players, abandoned our Academy and look like losing the stadium.
#Turn your backs

:lol:
Yet we're constantly told how bad the ownership issue is and how badly it has affected the players?
As you've said we've not sold our best players, we've not had to abandon the Academy, the stadium is not in any danger.
Has anyone at the club gone a day without pay?
Are any of the tea ladies at the club concerned about facing redundancy?

Our ownership woes are virtually non-existent compared to a great many other teams.
So why is this often the number one touted excuse for poor performance?
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 18 Apr 2014 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2014 19:40

no new ownership this summer or in the near future will almost certainly mean losing cat 1 though Ian. Hammond said we need the new training ground to keep cat 1, and no new owner means no new training ground.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Apr 2014 19:40

Ian Royal Thoroughly agreed this season has been a total disaster. I can't believe we've had to suffer a double relegation, sold our best players, abandoned our Academy and look like losing the stadium.
#Turn your backs

:|

Wait until we go into administration next season, that will be the real cost of this season of abject underachievement.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 18 Apr 2014 19:42

P!ssed Off
#Turn your backs

:lol:
Yet we're constantly told how bad the ownership issue is and how badly it has affected the players?
As you've said we've not sold our best players, we've not had to abandon the Academy, the stadium is not in any danger.
Has anyone at the club gone a day without pay?
Are any of the tea ladies at the club concerned about facing redundancy?

As you've rightly pointed out Ian, our ownership woes are virtually non-existent compared to a great many other teams.
So why is this often the number one touted excuse for poor performance?

Because a lot of them know that, on their wages, without new ownership their tenure at Reading FC is coming to an end...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 18 Apr 2014 19:43

Thoroughly agree, but I'm not wasting my time with a 180 mile round trip to suffer another mid-week defeat so I hope my ST beneficiary will honour my gesture. That said,Ian Royal, can you elaborate on how you know your projection of doom? Seriously considering taking a year out of committing to a ST.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Apr 2014 19:55

super darren caskey Mongs OUT

Why, what have they done to you?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2014 19:57

@MailSport 2m
Blackpool sub Stephen Dobbie attacked by coach and fans throw tennis balls on pitch in bizarre protest http://dailym.ai/1tiGBJo

Tennis balls! Like that. :lol:

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 18 Apr 2014 20:14

SPARTA no new ownership this summer or in the near future will almost certainly mean losing cat 1 though Ian. Hammond said we need the new training ground to keep cat 1, and no new owner means no new training ground.

I thought we already purchased the new training ground.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 18 Apr 2014 20:18

Oh dear!!!! Whilst things are and have not been great this season, I would never turn my back, support the team all season for every minute of every game!!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Apr 2014 20:18

Yes, let's have a retarded protest, it will really make Adkins do his job properly! Glad I'll still be having a pint in the concourse so won't have to witness any flid actually do this

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2014 20:23

windermere_royal
SPARTA no new ownership this summer or in the near future will almost certainly mean losing cat 1 though Ian. Hammond said we need the new training ground to keep cat 1, and no new owner means no new training ground.

I thought we already purchased the new training ground.

The land. It takes christ knows how many tens of millions to build the thing.

dan19

by dan19 » 18 Apr 2014 20:24

Pants day #2

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 18 Apr 2014 20:35

I actually felt jealous of the Blackpool fans this afternoon, at least they've got someone to protest at. The catalyst for this shambolic season and the person who should be on the receiving end of a whole world of abuse has simply dissapeared. Turn your back all you want, the person responsible isn't there and isn't interested, you may as well yell in an empty room. I would rather have any owner other than Zingaravitch, at least you might have some inkling of where we were going, good or bad. Instead, we're stuck in a limbo which can only result in a downward spiral.

I feel sorry for Sir John, he's doing the best he can but, with 49% of the club, there's nothing he can do but try and keep things ticking over until Mr 51% decides what, if anything, he wants to do with the club. Whilst he's clearly made a horrible error of judgement, Sir Johnremains a hero of this club, not least for trying to hold it together now when he could cheerfully just walk away.

So who else is to blame? Adkins? Quite clearly Adkins can't motivate this squad, time and again we've seen utterly inept and gutless performances and, when the chips are down at the end of the season, the team has meekly folded. Instinctively, I would normally blame the manager but we don't know what he's up against. He has a squad who know there are no replacements coming. He's failed, but he may be doing a job in which no one could succeed so I'm not pointing the finger yet.

Which leaves the players, once the whistle blows it's down to them and, on paper, they are one of the best 2-3 squads in the division but time and time and time again they've totally failed to produce the goods. I can't think of a more underperforming squad ever at this club, when we've been garbage in the past, it's because the players were garbage, this lot should be doing far better. Even in the woeful season after the first relegation, we comfortably made the play offs. They seem complacent, lazy, uncommitted, gutless and mercenary. I fully expect the higher earners to still be here next year leeching the last of the parachute payments. Collectively, they've totally let the club and the fans down and need a collective look at themselves.

Don't get your hopes up for a last hurrah in the final 3 games, this squad has every opportunity to step up to the plate, they haven't and they never will. I hope they play some of the kids for the last few games, at least we might see some commitment.

Through the season I've mocked some of the negative tweeters when we've won a couple, thinking the team was turning a corner, well I was wrong and they were right, this team with this manager, for whatever reason, is never going to get it right.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Apr 2014 20:37

This is the most ridiculous idea the mongtard brigade has come up with in ages. I hope their collective turning movement causes the stand to collapse killing them all.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Apr 2014 20:42

1871 not 1998 When are you powderpuff Reading fans going to make a point and demonstrate your displeasure at the pathetic, lifeless, half arsed performances we've have to put up with this season?

Turn your back for the first minute at kick-off!

Anton and his broken promises OUT
Madejski and his broken promises OUT
Over-paid mercenaries OUT

Better ways to protest than making yourself look a reet a div.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Apr 2014 20:44

Whatever happened to the strongly worded letter?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 18 Apr 2014 20:58

Schards#2 I actually felt jealous of the Blackpool fans this afternoon, at least they've got someone to protest at. The catalyst for this shambolic season and the person who should be on the receiving end of a whole world of abuse has simply dissapeared. Turn your back all you want, the person responsible isn't there and isn't interested, you may as well yell in an empty room. I would rather have any owner other than Zingaravitch, at least you might have some inkling of where we were going, good or bad. Instead, we're stuck in a limbo which can only result in a downward spiral.

I feel sorry for Sir John, he's doing the best he can but, with 49% of the club, there's nothing he can do but try and keep things ticking over until Mr 51% decides what, if anything, he wants to do with the club. Whilst he's clearly made a horrible error of judgement, Sir Johnremains a hero of this club, not least for trying to hold it together now when he could cheerfully just walk away.

So who else is to blame? Adkins? Quite clearly Adkins can't motivate this squad, time and again we've seen utterly inept and gutless performances and, when the chips are down at the end of the season, the team has meekly folded. Instinctively, I would normally blame the manager but we don't know what he's up against. He has a squad who know there are no replacements coming. He's failed, but he may be doing a job in which no one could succeed so I'm not pointing the finger yet.

Which leaves the players, once the whistle blows it's down to them and, on paper, they are one of the best 2-3 squads in the division but time and time and time again they've totally failed to produce the goods. I can't think of a more underperforming squad ever at this club, when we've been garbage in the past, it's because the players were garbage, this lot should be doing far better. Even in the woeful season after the first relegation, we comfortably made the play offs. They seem complacent, lazy, uncommitted, gutless and mercenary. I fully expect the higher earners to still be here next year leeching the last of the parachute payments. Collectively, they've totally let the club and the fans down and need a collective look at themselves.

Don't get your hopes up for a last hurrah in the final 3 games, this squad has every opportunity to step up to the plate, they haven't and they never will. I hope they play some of the kids for the last few games, at least we might see some commitment.

Through the season I've mocked some of the negative tweeters when we've won a couple, thinking the team was turning a corner, well I was wrong and they were right, this team with this manager, for whatever reason, is never going to get it right.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Shards. Saved me the time and trouble. Spot on - except the assertion that this is one of the top 2/3 squads in the league.....

135 posts