FAO Pitch Invading twats

322 posts
Mr.Swainey

Re: FAO Pitch Invading twats

by Mr.Swainey » 04 May 2014 11:56

bobby1413
Mr.Swainey
Royal Lady And while I'm on the subject of fans - Burnley's fans can do one, I hope they beat Derby's "record" in the Prem - after we applauded them for getting promotion, they continued to rub our faces in the fact we were losing and then cheered when they saw the Brighton score. No effing need for that. Maybe I'll feel differently in a couple of days - but they REALLY p'eed me off. :twisted:

:lol: @ getting wound up by this.

Unfortunately they wound me up too on this front.

My bessi mate is a Burnley fan who lives locally. He was insufferable yesterday. I wasn't impressed by the fans and didn't think they were very gracious or sporting.

Is it banter? I don't think so. I just thought they lacked class. Hope they come straight back down

They have had a fantastic season and were rightly rubbing it into us as we finished 7th. We would have done the same thing.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 04 May 2014 12:02

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 12:09

:lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 May 2014 12:09

bobby1413

LOL.
This guy was right in front of where I was standing (In the stands obviously, didn't run about on the pitch like a tosser).
He actually sat contemplating life for a fair while before exploding into the rage seen above.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 12:15

bobby1413

:lol: :lol:

biff

by biff » 04 May 2014 12:21

Calmed down yet monstermunch?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 May 2014 12:30

bobby1413

Biff when told he wasn't getting ice cream on the way home.

biff

by biff » 04 May 2014 12:41

I was off the pitch after I'd found out the Brighton score gr8m8, but if you want to sustain the little cyber vendetta a bit longer... :lol:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 May 2014 12:54

That pitch invasion at the end was the funniest and most embarrassing thing I have seen at a Reading game in over 40 Years; thank you East Stand - cheered me up no end after the final whistle!

:D

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 May 2014 13:09

Mr Angry That pitch invasion at the end was the funniest and most embarrassing thing I have seen at a Reading game in over 40 Years; thank you East Stand - cheered me up no end after the final whistle!

It cheered me up too. Jolly good show!!

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 04 May 2014 13:27

Mr Angry That pitch invasion at the end was the funniest and most embarrassing thing I have seen at a Reading game in over 40 Years; thank you East Stand - cheered me up no end after the final whistle!

For funny you can't beat when the Police waded into Wolves hooligans in I think 1976, picked out the main ringleader and frogmarched him past the south bank. He was giving them so much aggro his leg fell off. He was a bit subdued for the rest of his hop of shame as one of those nice coppers had to walk behind carrying his false leg.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 May 2014 14:38

genome From the comments on the Guardian match report... It's 5Live's fault:

"Right, this is what happened. I was watching the TV stream and listening to the radio, and can explain. It was really quite comical if you're not a Reading fan.

The Reading game finished. The fans knew Brighton were leading, and heading for the playoffs. A lot of people were anxiously listening to radios. The BBC 5 Live presenter said: "Now let's go to the City ground". We then hear the commentator at the City Ground saying excitedly: "...where the match has finished, 2-2!"

The Reading fans went wild, thinking Forest had equalised. News spread across the Madejski.
What they didn't know was that the Forest commentator was joined in mid-sentence, and was referring to the Reading result at the Madejski...!

Those listening to radios quickly realised, but all the others were still leaping around and running on the pitch, and were well beyond calming down until the result flashed up on the big screen.

Oh dear! I have many Reading friends, incidentally, and feel sorry for them. But as crossed wires go, it was pretty funny."

Checking back through the coverage on 5Live - that didn't happen (stoppage time starts at 1hr 53ish): http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b042ljt9

Something similar happened on Sky though. The presenter said: "And they [Reading fans] face a very nervous wait to see if Forest can, somehow, make it all square. Let's head to the City Ground then and join (the commentators) for the dying moments". The commentator at Forest said "They [Reading] can no longer deny them. 2-2 it's finished... 140 miles from here". The first sentence was much quieter than the second.

After the second sentence, the coverage of the City Ground is broadcast on Sky Sports 1, with a small section of the screen taken up the coverage at the Mad. Within five seconds the Reading fans start celebrating: https://vine.co/v/MrPe3i7wKXH.

I doubt anyone at the ground was watching the Sky coverage of the Reading game. People around me were watching the Brighton games on their phones. Somehow.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 04 May 2014 16:42

Clyde1998 People around me were watching the Brighton games on their phones. Somehow.

Witchcraft.

Or Sky Go. One of those anyway

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 May 2014 17:00

TFF
Clyde1998 People around me were watching the Brighton games on their phones. Somehow.

Witchcraft.

I know that it would be using Sky Go :wink: , but I don't know how they were able to get a signal (as people were struggling to get the BBC website to load). Maybe they were taking up all of the bandwidth by watching the Brighton game.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 04 May 2014 17:26

Clyde1998
TFF

Witchcraft.

I know that it would be using Sky Go :wink: , but I don't know how they were able to get a signal (as people were struggling to get the BBC website to load). Maybe they were taking up all of the bandwidth by watching the Brighton game.

I get a good 4G signal in there....if you're on 3G yea you struggle to get anything

NessaFromEldorado

by NessaFromEldorado » 04 May 2014 18:05

I'd say the most embarrassing aspect of yesterday was the pitch invaders allowing themselves to be kettled by about 5 middled-aged female stewards.

Brian's left bollock

by Brian's left bollock » 04 May 2014 19:03

NessaFromEldorado I'd say the most embarrassing aspect of yesterday was the pitch invaders allowing themselves to be kettled by about 5 middled-aged female stewards.

Where you the guy screaming "push the back, push them back"?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 May 2014 19:34

Clyde1998
TFF

Witchcraft.

Agreed. I struggled to get any signal all game. Lost Twitter, couldn't get the BBC website to load and couldn't even get a text to send near the end when I was trying to ask my wife what the Brighton score was (although I had guessed when I saw our bench frantically waving for McCarthy to go forward and not leaving anyone back to cover).

The TV showed Madejski appearing to celebrate - so had he also received duff info or was he just happy that he'd avoided paying a load of bonuses?!
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 04 May 2014 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 19:37

I got an inkling Brighton had scored when someone in front of me shouted "Brighton have scored!" and then the entirety of Y24 started shouting "THEY'VE SCORED!"

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 04 May 2014 19:57

harry

For funny you can't beat when the Police waded into Wolves hooligans in I think 1976, picked out the main ringleader and frogmarched him past the south bank. He was giving them so much aggro his leg fell off. He was a bit subdued for the rest of his hop of shame as one of those nice coppers had to walk behind carrying his false leg.

Wrong game
That was 0-0 Southampton. Still hilarious all the same

322 posts