pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Time for fans to stand up and be counted

by pea » 04 May 2014 15:55

We'll be fine

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 04 May 2014 16:21

I actually miss standing ankle deep in piss smelling the dirty burgers from behind the Southbank. Roll on Div 3

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 04 May 2014 19:25

I am well into my fortieth season of watching Reading and I will renew as usual.
Just hoping that Adkins is not here next season as I think 2013/2014 is one of the most boring I have ever watched and mark my words I have seen some dross!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2014 20:41

Snowball I have not the faintest idea of the truth of things but two large gentlemen in the queue for the bus back to Reading
were behind me. I was talking about the PROMISE and how I saw next season as very-probably a great one, that
the way we played v Burnley showed we could do very well indeed

Said large gentlemen were allegedly "in the know' and said that RFC (I'm quoting)

Were hoping to go into administration THIS season as soon as the POs became unreachable
because the 10-15 point deduction wouldn't have put them at risk of relegation

But because the POs, Wembley and Promotion was still possible, (Adkins Out?) they held off
"and now we will start next season with a minus points score and will be odds-on to go down".

What a load of complete and utter cobblers, totally fed up with the number of people pretending to be ITK when they are not.

Oh and IN for the expected relegation battle by the way.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 May 2014 20:44

lol

Promotion/relegation

In for the fun of it

as kes says...nobodies died

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 04 May 2014 21:05

IN for what could be a tasty set of away games - Brentford, Fulham and (hoping) QPR.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 04 May 2014 21:40

IN, what the fvck else am I gonna do with my Saturdays. Also OUT for listening to anyone in the bus queue and taking the shit they say as gospel, no matter how big they are

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 04 May 2014 21:50

Renewed today, but not at all hopeful for a successful season, very strong league next year , I genuinely believe we will struggle in the lower reaches of the table , Reading till I die.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 04 May 2014 21:54

SCIAG
Snowball Were hoping to go into administration THIS season as soon as the POs became unreachable
because the 10-15 point deduction wouldn't have put them at risk of relegation

The FL are wise to this sort of thing and would simply have carried the points deduction over to next season.

They weren't with Portsmouth this season. They went into administration when they got relegated from League One and the point deduction didn't carry over to the next season. If they had -10 points this season, they would've been relegated (again).

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 05 May 2014 01:10

Silver Fox IN, what the fvck else am I gonna do with my Saturdays. Also OUT for listening to anyone in the bus queue and taking the shit they say as gospel, no matter how big they are

If they were important they would not be in the bus queue.

Faithful Son

by Faithful Son » 05 May 2014 11:22

SHORT AND CURLY I am well into my fortieth season of watching Reading and I will renew as usual.
Just hoping that Adkins is not here next season as I think 2013/2014 is one of the most boring I have ever watched and mark my words I have seen some dross!

^This.

I'm nearer to my 50th season now but entirely agree. This season has been, at times, truly awful. I must admit at times I have seriously considered not renewing but I know I will. There are two things in life you can't change, your family and your football team. Things could be worse one of my friends is a Bristol Rovers supporter. It's not that many years ago they beat us 6-0 and the Madejski and look at them now.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 May 2014 12:55

sandman
floyd__streete Officially OUT for next season unless high earners like Drenthe, Bridge and Guthrie are gotten rid of. Preferably the management team too.

Oh f[u]ck, now I want them to stay.

Another USP of not renewing is that I don't have to sit amongst slack-jawed no-nothing morons such as yourself.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 May 2014 13:00

floyd__streete
sandman
floyd__streete Officially OUT for next season unless high earners like Drenthe, Bridge and Guthrie are gotten rid of. Preferably the management team too.

Oh f[u]ck, now I want them to stay.

Another USP of not renewing is that I don't have to sit amongst slack-jawed no-nothing morons such as yourself.

Well that's not vey nice. What's it our resident Chelsea fan says about people who make personal insults?

Funnily enough though I share many of the same opinions on what is now last season that you do and have agreed with most of what you've posted, especially on Adkins.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 May 2014 13:11

sandman
floyd__streete Another USP of not renewing is that I don't have to sit amongst slack-jawed no-nothing morons such as yourself.

Well that's not vey nice. What's it our resident Chelsea fan says about people who make personal insults?

Funnily enough though I share many of the same opinions on what is now last season that you do and have agreed with most of what you've posted, especially on Adkins.

E-beef wherever you look today.
Sandman and Floyd now battling for control of the Pessimists it seems.
If there's a split I'm going with Floyd.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 May 2014 13:30

Good for you, have a cookie.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 May 2014 13:35

SHORT AND CURLY I am well into my fortieth season of watching Reading and I will renew as usual.

Newbie :wink:
This season was my 60th-with eyesight not being what it was and petrol costing so much there will come a day when it won't be worth it but for the moment I am in- at least for one more season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 05 May 2014 17:51

In for next season. And jnr leon I.

I don't care what division we're in. I'll watch Reading. Adkins can f uck off though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 May 2014 19:18

Football no longer offers value for money as a form of entertainment. Not least that football has become a business. Personally I hope that Man Utd go into freefall. Not that I dislike the club in any way. Just what is now represents. Billionaire owners that are only interested in making money. On the other hand I hope Portsmouth rise from the ashes as community clubs must be the future.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 06 May 2014 08:00

We have had it good at RFC for a decade and more and will be back next season fighting once again for a top six spot.

The supporters of Coventry, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Birmingham and Bolton to name a few can moan as they have had it bad for a number of seasons.

Re-new and put your ar*es back in your seat for next year!!

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 06 May 2014 08:50

Didn't have a ST for this past season. I hoped that I would get some use out of our company corporate tickets which I did for 5 or 6 games. The lack of a ST meant that I could be a bit more flexible in my choice of games e.g if it was pissing down, cold and the game was on the box I was happy to choose the couch option. (Obviously one doesn't turn plastic overnight, it is a slow process.)
The proviso was that, if we were having a good season I could always get a half ST but we weren't and I didn't.
Not certain if our corporate will be renewed for next season but even so doubt that I will be shelling out.