SJM Interview - BBC South Today (Wednesday)

117 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

SJM Interview - BBC South Today (Wednesday)

by SPARTA » 13 May 2014 21:19

Apparently a very honest insight into how tough things are for him now and why he needs to sell the club.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: SJM Interview - BBC South Today (Wednesday)

by RoyalBlue » 13 May 2014 22:30

SPARTA Apparently a very honest insight into how tough things are for him now and why he needs to sell the club.

Wonder whether he will be honest enough to admit that he made a very public commitment to provide transfer funding in the January transfer window and explain why he then failed to deliver on that commitment? Bet the BBC won't have the balls and integrity to ask him about that or pose any other difficult questions. Wouldn't do to put a Knight of the Realm on the spot would it!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 13 May 2014 22:32

RoyalBlue
SPARTA Apparently a very honest insight into how tough things are for him now and why he needs to sell the club.

Wonder whether he will be honest enough to admit that he made a very public commitment to provide transfer funding in the January transfer window and explain why he then failed to deliver on that commitment? Bet the BBC won't have the balls and integrity to ask him about that or pose any other difficult questions. Wouldn't do to put a Knight of the Realm on the spot would it!

He never made a public commitment to provide funds. He said that he hoped that funds would be made available and at the time did not see any reason why they would not. Blame Zingarevich.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 May 2014 22:41

RoyalBlue

:lol:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 May 2014 22:44

RoyalBlue

Seriously bud, change the record. You hit the point of diminishing returns a long time ago.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 May 2014 22:45

RoyalBlue

Change the freaking record. Even if your blatant bias hasn't twisted what he said, I didn't hear it so can't be sure, it's one minor indiscretion in a long string of positives for the club.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 13 May 2014 22:49

RoyalBlue

Change the record.

HT. 8)

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 13 May 2014 23:13

He actually said there WOULD be funds, not there might be. Out & out liar. Can't wait til he's gone.

Let's feel sorry for a millionaire? P1ss off.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 13 May 2014 23:46

RoyalBlue

You really need to change your tune on SJM.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 13 May 2014 23:56

Good idea West Stand Flash , lets wave good buy to the only hope we have at the moment of staying afloat ... thicko

DandyRoyal

by DandyRoyal » 14 May 2014 00:23

West Stand Flash He actually said there WOULD be funds, not there might be. Out & out liar. Can't wait til he's gone.

Let's feel sorry for a millionaire? P1ss off.

Unless you're willing to step in and bankroll the club then maybe you should keep these grand statements to yourself hero.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 May 2014 01:49

RoyalBlue

You're beginning to sound like a broken record m8.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 14 May 2014 03:50

I think RoyalBlue needs to switch the music that he's playing, or else urgently investigate the possibility that his audio system has developed a severe fault.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 May 2014 05:25

I'd just like to say... Change the f[u]cking record RoyalBlue.

Please refrain quoting him and the mouth breathing miscreant WetStandFish.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 May 2014 07:20

He's still got £100 million in the bank. Could still lend us a fiver and not be too fussed :lol:

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 14 May 2014 08:06

I've said before that i don't buy the general tale of woe that you don't buy a club to get rich, but i do symphasize with SJM on the funds available to grow message. I think perhaps at the time the gravity of the split was only just emerging. Shortly after the statement, when the funds were needed, why would he commit to a club that he only owned half of. Flip side, if he had 100M, why not get the club valued at the time, invest 5M whether in players or wages (Baird/Sharp was all NA asked for at the time I believe), get yourself over the line and promotion and reap the balance of the profit from the subsequent sale. I can only see our value lower now than a year ago.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 14 May 2014 08:10

I look forward to seeing the interview on BBC South today tonight with my box of tissues at the ready.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 14 May 2014 08:16

The Real Sandhurst Royal I look forward to seeing the interview on BBC South today tonight with my box of tissues at the ready.

now I like and respect sjm very much but I doubt I would go as far as you seem to be suggesting. :shock:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 May 2014 08:36

Lol at the idea that it would take 'balls and integrity' at the BBC to ask a question that only one person in the world thinks even needs asking.
I'd rather they used their top investigative journo's on things that actually matter. Nick Robinson is much better off exposing Farage than asking SJM why we didn't get Billy Sharp to warm our bench in January.....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 May 2014 08:54

multisync1830
The Real Sandhurst Royal I look forward to seeing the interview on BBC South today tonight with my box of tissues at the ready.

now I like and respect sjm very much but I doubt I would go as far as you seem to be suggesting. :shock:

Well it made me chortle! :lol:

117 posts