Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Buyout

by RoyalBlue » 07 Oct 2013 21:31

ZacNaloen If they say "Reading/The Club say this" they are referring to the press office so a name would be irrelevent.

If they say "sources say" they are talking about someone who cannot be named because the kind of people privy to this stuff will have non-disclosure clauses in their contracts.

I really don't think you can assume that they are referring to the press office. I strongly suspect that they haven't spoken to anyone at the club or, if they have spoken to someone, haven't got any comment out of them over the past few days.

As I said, the standard of their reporting is shyte nowadays. I certainly haven't taken them seriously since they employed a sports reporter who often appeared to struggle with spelling and grammar!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 07 Oct 2013 21:36

Whether they have talked to the press office since that statement was made a few days ago is a whole other matter, I'll agree there.

This is all journalism is. Generate controversy and clicks for advertising money.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Oct 2013 22:58

Ian Royal
sandman As the financial expert on the BBC Reading fans should be "mildly concerned" even though this can happen in these type of deals so I have no problem with people being concerned. I'd rather see people asking questions and trying to keep these guys honest than the likes of winchester_royal, melonhead and ReadingDave who skip through a field of Daisies tra lalaing accepting everything they're told by the club propaganda machine.

You'd set a new, unbeatable, world record at long jump, breaking the triple jump record at the same time with the leap between "asking questions" about why there's been a delay in the deal completing and the paranoid delusions of the usual witterers on here.

Rationalism please. Lets see some evidence before we shout "DOOM! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"

THE F**KING SKY IS FALLING? WHAT THE F**KING SH*T T*TS ARE WE DOING ON A FORUM!?!?!?!?! ADELE WARNED US ALL THIS WOULD HAPPEN

jellytot

by jellytot » 07 Oct 2013 23:38

It is all bollocks. They have nothing to write about.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 07 Oct 2013 23:43

NewCorkSeth THE F**KING SKY IS FALLING? WHAT THE F**KING SH*T T*TS ARE WE DOING ON A FORUM!?!?!?!?! ADELE WARNED US ALL THIS WOULD HAPPEN

I knew Chicken Licken was onto something.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 07 Oct 2013 23:51

Can't believe how this story has made it into the media.

I've always been cynical about our "rich f**king russian", especially the dodgy director he brought in. The fact that we have spent less in transfer fees post takeover tells you something. People go on about the salary costs but they're just a prom ise, not actual cash. "TSI" are not Boris' billions, theyre just people wanting to make money.

However, Anton Zingarevich has clearly got other things to work on at present.
,like a baby. No way could our promotion have been anticipated and this be a giant parachute. payment scam. Surely the plan is to develop the club and sell it as a premierleague franchise with a bigger stadium, following and status. Clearly the aim is to make money, so no bottomless pit approach to transfers.

But can't see what's changed, especially in the light of signing Baird and Sharp. Our squad must be one of the most expensive in salary terms ever assembled at this level. Sure it's not
madejskis deep pockets or the ridiculous millions spent on the rumours section, but it's a long way from going tits up surely.

The FA made a big thing about pompeys parachute payments covering football creditors first, so our ex-PL income will surely cover the outgoings for 4 years.

So, while many like me might question why our new Russian overlord is welcomed like a hero when frankly, fan ownership would have equal investment, there's no danger of a pompey right now, whatever happens. The lack of transfer spending probably indicates that unsustainable gambling with our future is the last thing in the TSI agenda.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 08 Oct 2013 05:56

Does anyone read the first line of posts or is it just skipped over? The OP states at the beginning this is ALL MADE UP

URZZZZZ Just thought I'd share this following information, regardless of how far from the truth it is and given the fact that some sado thought it up while sat on the toilet.

7 pages though.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Oct 2013 06:47

As I see it, the ONLY known fact is that TSI through Anton, had been due to complete the final purchase of Reading FC at the end of September; this has not happened.

At the moment, all the reasons stated on here as to why this has happened is either guesswork, speculation, mischief making trolling or simple BS - no one on here actually knows what is really happening. (I certainly don't!).

The problem comes - as always - through a lack of communication to interested parties (eg: the fans) as to why there has been the delay, and when there will be a resolution to it.

There could be a simple explanation for this event, or there could be a major problem brewing; until RFC come out and make a statement clarifying the situation, it's only to be expected that the level of speculation seen will occur and those people who were negative about TSI from Day 1 will be - not surprisingly - loudly saying "We told you so!"

At the very least, Reading FC have been guilty of terrible PR over this episode, making the club look like it is being run by a bunch of total amateurs and who have treated their paying "customers" with zero consideration bordering on contempt.

Disappointing and simply not good enough Reading FC.

Biscuit mane

by Biscuit mane » 08 Oct 2013 06:53

We need the media ( radio Berkshire ) to start asking the questions ,cum on Tim !!!!

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 08 Oct 2013 07:53

Biscuit mane cum on Tim !!!!

:shock:

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Oct 2013 07:58

::inserts comment about how I, above all of you, felt this kind of thing was always on the cards::

::inserts comment about someone I know at the club that has all but confirmed this for me::

::inserts comments about how shambolic this is, even though I actually know nothing::

::inserts comment showing my total lack of business knowledge::

::inserts comment about how this is probably the end of good times, even though I have been slagging off the club on the team board for the current bad times::

::meltdown::

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 08 Oct 2013 10:18

Mr Angry The problem comes - as always - through a lack of communication to interested parties (eg: the fans) as to why there has been the delay, and when there will be a resolution to it.

There could be a simple explanation for this event, or there could be a major problem brewing; until RFC come out and make a statement clarifying the situation, it's only to be expected that the level of speculation seen will occur and those people who were negative about TSI from Day 1 will be - not surprisingly - loudly saying "We told you so!"

At the very least, Reading FC have been guilty of terrible PR over this episode, making the club look like it is being run by a bunch of total amateurs and who have treated their paying "customers" with zero consideration bordering on contempt.

Disappointing and simply not good enough Reading FC.

Sorry but this is a load of tosh. No business will (should) respond to rumours in the papers. IF they do then they will be expected to respond to every rumour no matter how bad, and that then breds the problem of how do they do that if that rumour happens to be correct and they can't respond due to non disclosure agreements. The only thing they should do is not to respond to ANY rumours, basically in the same way they deal with transfer rumours.

It doesn't help the fans who want to know what is going on but unfortunately we have no right to know and if by informing us it may screw up a deal in the future then that is the only way to do business.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 10:19

LoyalRoyalFan
Biscuit mane That why we haven t bought any players , Anton has not got any money !!!!!!!

Must have missed those signings we made over the summer then...

:roll:

The free ones?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 08 Oct 2013 11:00

They are never free.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 11:05

ZacNaloen They are never free.

Wages? My employers tend to drip feed me my salary rather than pay me in one big lump sum. Let’s imagine that might be the case for footballers too, do you think the club might have been able to cover the wages on their own, possibly using the parachute payments or promotion revenue?

Not saying the conspiracy is right but a bunch of free transfers isn’t convincing evidence of Anton spending money the club couldn’t have afforded to do without him.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 08 Oct 2013 11:09

Signing on fee's, agents fee's etc etc etc

I bet we've paid a fortune in agents fee's for those we've signed.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 08 Oct 2013 11:10

Arnie_Pie
Biscuit mane cum on Tim !!!!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Oct 2013 11:13

didn't we pay quite a bit for Williams?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Oct 2013 11:14

ZacNaloen Signing on fee's, agents fee's etc etc etc

I bet we've paid a fortune in agents fee's for those we've signed.

No doubt. I think the club were paid a fortune for promotion and relegation too.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 08 Oct 2013 11:22

If they are smart they'll be setting aside of hefty portion of that to make sure the academy keeps running for a few years yet.

Or at least, i would...

8684 posts