Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Uke » 19 Nov 2013 16:21

Terminal Boardom You know how it is with the Russians and especially the women. No sooner does a sprog get dropped that their whole appearance changes

All yours, Babooshka, Babooshka, Babooshka-ya-ya!

Gratuitous pics of KT can now be posted

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Nov 2013 16:26

Extended-Phenotype Does anybody know if Anton is still alive?

Yes, but a markus liebherr style trust fund wouldn't go amiss right about now.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Nov 2013 17:15

Terminal Boardom You know how it is with the Russians and especially the women. No sooner does a sprog get dropped that their whole appearance changes

RL's Russian?

Elm Park

by Elm Park » 19 Nov 2013 17:40

And I bet she has hairy legs.....

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 19 Nov 2013 17:42

Her face looks like a plasticine model of a face that has been dropped on the floor.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 19 Nov 2013 18:23

Strangely sensuous.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 19 Nov 2013 20:02

SpaghettiHoop

Strangely sensuous.

Ron Grant has let himself go a little

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 20 Nov 2013 23:03

Royal Lady
ZacNaloen That's why he's around the club all the bloody time, because he's lost interest.

Of course the poor bloke has lost interest - he never was particularly a "football" bloke anyway. He wanted out, he's getting on now - I don't blame him one bit for wanting to sell up and have a bit of retirement - but he can't because he hasn't been paid all of his money yet - so he's been asked to stick around for the next 2 years and seems to now be running the club again - doesn't mean he WANTS to - but he's not the sort of bloke who would leave RFC in the lurch - unlike, it appears, our new chairman elect....

Agreed - and he'll be looking to protect the value of the club as he still owns almost half. He won't want that disappearing down the toilet and doing a Portsmouth meaning he ends up with nothing

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 23 Nov 2013 11:01

Royal Lady
ZacNaloen That's why he's around the club all the bloody time, because he's lost interest.

Of course the poor bloke has lost interest - he never was particularly a "football" bloke anyway. He wanted out, he's getting on now - I don't blame him one bit for wanting to sell up and have a bit of retirement - but he can't because he hasn't been paid all of his money yet - so he's been asked to stick around for the next 2 years and seems to now be running the club again - doesn't mean he WANTS to - but he's not the sort of bloke who would leave RFC in the lurch - unlike, it appears, our new chairman elect....

The way to get the value he wants now is get us back to the Premier League very quickly. I think we may see some big money pumped in in January for this sole reason. His club is worth less in the Championship and non existant in league one

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Nov 2013 12:41

Reading4eva
Royal Lady

The way to get the value he wants now is get us back to the Premier League very quickly. I think we may see some big money pumped in in January for this sole reason. His club is worth less in the Championship and non existant in league one

No we won't, we really won't. We'll possibly spend most of the month talking big and then sign another midfielder on loan in February.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Nov 2013 12:45

Reading4eva The way to get the value he wants now is get us back to the Premier League very quickly. I think we may see some big money pumped in in January for this sole reason. His club is worth less in the Championship and non existant in league one

Every year the fantasies return

Every year they prove to have been messy wet dreams

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Nov 2013 19:51

Reading4eva
Royal Lady

Get your head out of your arse, there is still no money at RFC, and there will be none pumped in.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 23 Nov 2013 22:04

Never knew this thread would get this many replies lol

Kinda sad really

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Nov 2013 23:23

I don't know if it has been stated above but Mick Gooding let it slip today on Radio Berks, that he had had a chat with SJM regarding the share situation a week or so ago and Sir John was certainly NOT happy at all with the non payment for his 49% share holding.

Whether SJM would behave in a way to get back at Anton by not paying out bonuses for Drenthe to play, for example, I don't know but no doubt the Club is not a happy place to be right now.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 23 Nov 2013 23:35

Anton is majority shareholder so Sir John can't just decide to not pay Drenthe. Assume it would just come out a RFC account, not out their own actual pockets.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Nov 2013 00:45

LoyalRoyal22 Anton is majority shareholder so Sir John can't just decide to not pay Drenthe. Assume it would just come out a RFC account, not out their own actual pockets.

I meant that he could be telling Nigel Adkins that he would be unhappy to see Drenthe playing due to the extra costs involved as an example. I agree the money comes out of the club's account but SJM has a big say in that still. Anton doesn't control the day to day running of the club that is delegated to others. No doubt if Anton was unhappy with the way the club was being run he would make his feelings known.

I know we are all guessing but from Mick's reporting of that conversation with Sir John, obviously things aren't going well and it seems that is spreading throughout the club. Ironically, Nigel Adkin's comments to Tim Dellor after the game about the team playing well in the second half were almost identical to Brendan Rodgers comments just prior to his sacking!

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 24 Nov 2013 01:03

LoyalRoyal22 Anton is majority shareholder so Sir John can't just decide to not pay Drenthe. Assume it would just come out a RFC account, not out their own actual pockets.

It's not just about that 51% though is it?

SJM is in charge, the club us built by him and run by staff employed by him during his tenure.

The DoF down to the groundsmen are SJM era

Anyone who's ever come up against an established set up and tried to change it will realise that 1% would mean diddly squat in real terms.

Anton's mistake was not buying a 75-80% stake and thinking he could do things on the cheap. As a result he realises he has no real power and runs back home.

Will he have the balls to pay up?

Or us it just cheaper to have a few Russian spam bots try to kill any forums for dissent?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Nov 2013 06:39

Anyone mentioned that JM no longer has to sell his remaining stake to Anton. As the original terms have not been met.
I think I may have mentioned back a while that JM was unhappy with how it went, glad that it has now been confirmed.
One person who is not a football manager has this club in his heart, that is JM, fans would do well to remember that.

under the tin

by under the tin » 24 Nov 2013 09:42

CholseyRoyal I don't know if it has been stated above but Mick Gooding let it slip today on Radio Berks, that he had had a chat with SJM regarding the share situation a week or so ago and Sir John was certainly NOT happy at all with the non payment for his 49% share holding.

Whether SJM would behave in a way to get back at Anton by not paying out bonuses for Drenthe to play, for example, I don't know but no doubt the Club is not a happy place to be right now.

I heard that comment, too. In the post match stuff, Tim also mentioned that he felt that Adkins had been "let down" in terms of transfers. He did not elaborate further. An odd comment comment to make, without substantiating it, I thought.
Tim, Mick, and Ady have connections with the club stretching back decades. It is obvious that they know much more than they can share publicly. I reckon more little bits of information will trickle out over the coming weeks. A lot of the post match discussion centred on why Sharp remained on the bench throughout another toothless attacking performance. When asked this question directly, Adkins went out of his way to dodge answering it.

Footballers wages are made up by a number of factors, we all know this much. Basic money, then things on top like bonuses for being in the squad, appearance money for making it on to the pitch, clean sheet bonus, goal scoring bonus, etc.
Selection policy being determined by monetary considerations is not without precedent at Reading. If the TSI "new money" has not been forthcoming, then Sir John has little option but to keep running a tight ship.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Nov 2013 09:47

If Sharp not playing was anything to do with appearance fees then he wouldn't have brought him on for five mins against QPR and two mins against Barnsley. He'll start on Friday.

8684 posts