Roman Abramovic was going to walk wasn't he? :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by sandman » 01 Dec 2013 21:12

No Fixed Abode This is brilliant. AZ going to walk. :lol:

Agreed, it is brilliant.

All the things Abramovich has done for Chelsea and you can't even spell his name properly.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Dec 2013 21:23

Hasn't he just had his first child :?: Just thinking he might like to spend some time with it than rush over every week to watch a fairly mediocre football team :?:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Dec 2013 21:33

sandman

Agreed, it is brilliant.

All the things Abramovich has done for Chelsea and you can't even spell his name properly.

Definitely rattLOLed picking up on a minor spelling mistake
:lol:

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 01 Dec 2013 21:34

genome Hasn't he just had his first child :?: Just thinking he might like to spend some time with it than rush over every week to watch a fairly mediocre football team :?:

FFS the kid will be going to school soon.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Dec 2013 21:41

ankeny
genome Hasn't he just had his first child :?: Just thinking he might like to spend some time with it than rush over every week to watch a fairly mediocre football team :?:

FFS the kid will be going to school soon.

At 4 months old?

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 01 Dec 2013 21:45

I seem to remember that there were rumours that SJM had turned his back on Reading when he spent a year out of the country setting up Auto Trader in Malaysia.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Dec 2013 21:55

Hampshire Royal I seem to remember that there were rumours that SJM had turned his back on Reading when he spent a year out of the country setting up Auto Trader in Malaysia.

I don't. It was well publicised he was out there to save millions in tax.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 01 Dec 2013 22:12

loyalroyaldaz Tim Dellors comment yesterday of "There is more chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride into the Madstad on the back of Shergar than Anton being there" seems to confirm much of what has been rumoured.
I would hazard a guess that he has pretty good inside knowledge.

The only thing it confirmed was that Dellor is an arsehole who thinks trotting out a pre-planned cliche makes him Kenneth Wolstenholme

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Dec 2013 22:15

:|

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 01 Dec 2013 23:08

What you say is true, but you've got to remember that this was the time that Tommy Burns was manager and we were in a pretty bad state. The fact that SJM was away 'proved' to some people that he had lost interest in the club while he was pursuing wealth.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 02 Dec 2013 07:20

Strawman

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 02 Dec 2013 10:10

The situation is not good I admit ... but is it really that bad? Our finances are in pretty good shape - no massive debts, although of course this season we're going to make a significant loss ... and the steady hand of SJM still heavily involved in the club. It could be worse. Let's just hope the matter with AZ is resolved sooner rather than later as instability could affect what happens on the pitch. With that in mind, whatever criticism has been levelled at NA - and I'm still very much in the pro-NA camp - I think it makes it even more of an achievement of his that we're 4th in the table.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Dec 2013 11:25

Royalwaster The situation is not good I admit ... but is it really that bad? Our finances are in pretty good shape - no massive debts, although of course this season we're going to make a significant loss ... and the steady hand of SJM still heavily involved in the club. It could be worse. Let's just hope the matter with AZ is resolved sooner rather than later as instability could affect what happens on the pitch. With that in mind, whatever criticism has been levelled at NA - and I'm still very much in the pro-NA camp - I think it makes it even more of an achievement of his that we're 4th in the table.

We're not, we're 6th

Madejski out. Adkins out. Everyone out.

Having said that from what I hear the situation is not really as some suggest and whilst AZ does have an issue it's not with SJM, RFC, the FBI or the KGB but with his father who has thrown a wobbly and temporarily broken off links. Hopefully like many family bust ups it will resolve itself and normal service will be resumed. I do agree that given that some people seem to think the club is in tatters and we have an injury list from hell we are doing pretty well to have title favourites Watford trailing us by 5 points and just 3 defeats so far in the league.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Dec 2013 11:50

Nameless We're not, we're 6th

Having said that from what I hear the situation is not really as some suggest and whilst AZ does have an issue it's not with SJM, RFC, the FBI or the KGB but with his father who has thrown a wobbly and temporarily broken off links. Hopefully like many family bust ups it will resolve itself and normal service will be resumed. I do agree that given that some people seem to think the club is in tatters and we have an injury list from hell we are doing pretty well to have title favourites Watford trailing us by 5 points and just 3 defeats so far in the league.

But what about AZ's personal wealth? It's almost like he never had any ;)

You really don't want a family feud with Boris (and his brother Michael) http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

Does anyone know if AZ has any brothers or sisters?

League table of Oligarchs from Wikileaks? Guess who bought top place of that league too ;)

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 Dec 2013 14:07

Nameless
Having said that from what I hear the situation is not really as some suggest and whilst AZ does have an issue it's not with SJM, RFC, the FBI or the KGB but with his father who has thrown a wobbly and temporarily broken off links. Hopefully like many family bust ups it will resolve itself and normal service will be resumed.

lol "Behind the Scenes" on twitter has just read this made up a bunch more to embellish it.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 02 Dec 2013 14:16

Uke
Nameless We're not, we're 6th

But what about AZ's personal wealth? It's almost like he never had any ;)

You really don't want a family feud with Boris (and his brother Michael) http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

Does anyone know if AZ has any brothers or sisters?

League table of Oligarchs from Wikileaks? Guess who bought top place of that league too ;)

I want them on the board at our football club 8)

Wonder if Oyston will sell us Ince then?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 02 Dec 2013 14:40

Uke

That's a very old list RA is not even in the top ten these days.. Arsenal have the richest Russian as a shareholder..Alisher Usmanov

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Dec 2013 14:51

Anyone not concerned with the current situation is deluded. All the signs point to Anton trying to sell his stake as he cant fund the complete take over. He hasnt been to a game in months, and not one interview!

Hope Sir John will fund the Cat 1 Academy/Training ground etc

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Dec 2013 14:52

:lol:

8684 posts