Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
themadstad

Re: Buyout

by themadstad » 28 Dec 2013 21:28

multisync1830
Cypry Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind that Antin isn't necessarily finished at the club?

It's been interesting to see how a lot of people have taken the SJM interview and focused on the "not got access to Anton's diary" element, but have missed where he said "I'm not concerned about the Zingaravich family. They still support Reading and will continue to do so going forward".

Given the speculation about the Omani investment, and how the Sultan is not expected to take a hands on role, I do wonder if there's a "third way" and whether the new investment is not an outright purchase of the club, but an investment in TSI themselves, which will in turn enable TSI to take full control....?

After all TSI is an investment vehicle, it seems obvious to me that they had one of their major backers pull out (assume papa Zingaravich) - is it not reasonable to assume that rather than walk away and take a loss, Anton and Samuelson would simply look for alternative money elsewhere to allow them to keep their project moving forward? All the talk has been of "new investment" after all....

I've got no ITK knowledge in this, but it just struck me that a lot of the coverage of the interview with SJM only took those comments which could be considered negative about Anton into account, but missed much of what he actually said. The Daily Fail goes so far as saying that SJM said that talks were underway with new investors which could lead to Zingaravich selling his share - unless I briefly dropped off during the interview, I don't believe SJM said anything of the sort, did he?

It's a 100% buyout end of.

Ok but where's this coming from? Obviously this is a forum and plenty of rumours come about but this is one where there's little in the wider media.

Whilst mutterings of Middle Eastern interest did pop up, I can't recall anything about a Sultan.

The rumours followed Arabian looking people at the stadium, which Dellor stated were to do with the Oman youth set up.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2013 21:51

You can't expect an answer to that, surely? If someone entrusts information with you, and you pass on little bits, what you most definitely don't do is tell the world who the source is. multisync1830 mentioned back in Sept about interest from Oman and a Sultan, and only brought everyone's attention to his Sept posts a week ago when others caught wind of the Omani rumours. I wont pass anything multisync1830 or anyone else has told me, but each of them all back one another up. Just run with it and see what happens. Hopefully we hear next month!

themadstad

by themadstad » 28 Dec 2013 21:54

SPARTA You can't expect an answer to that, surely? If someone entrusts information with you, and you pass on little bits, what you most definitely don't do is tell the world who the source is. multisync1830 mentioned back in Sept about interest from Oman and a Sultan, and only brought everyone's attention to his Sept posts a week ago when others caught wind of the Omani rumours. I wont pass anything multisync1830 or anyone else has told me, but each of them all back one another up. Just run with it and see what happens. Hopefully we hear next month!

We get so many rumours on here I feel it's the same, I looked back at that SOS post. Is that the one?

Completely coincidental by the looks of it. Looks like people have run with it.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2013 21:58

No, he most definitely meant it. I was discussing it with him offline a week before he quoted himself to remind everyone else on here. For all we know it could fall through yet, but what multisync1830 says was certainly the case up until last week.

themadstad

by themadstad » 28 Dec 2013 22:21

SPARTA No, he most definitely meant it. I was discussing it with him offline a week before he quoted himself to remind everyone else on here. For all we know it could fall through yet, but what multisync1830 says was certainly the case up until last week.

Sounds like pure speculation to me. Indeed between that post and later posts about a month later the general context suggested being in the dark like the rest of us.

Why do people even bother now? I know it's a rumours thread but a Sultan buying Reading.

The first post about a Sultan was recently via a Sheff Weds fan on a rumours site, and since then that's what has been used as the guy about to take over.

I feel it was fair to suggest proof since he was up for wanting proof re Anton and him being genuine. Doesn't appear to be forthcoming.

Do you honestly feel a Sultanate would buy Reading?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 28 Dec 2013 22:33

And would we want him to?

themadstad

by themadstad » 28 Dec 2013 22:38

Man Friday And would we want him to?

It could only be potentially detrimental if genuine though? If it is true surely already enough has been said to upset things? I know the rumour has reached a wide audience (Oman included) mostly generated through twitter.
Last edited by themadstad on 28 Dec 2013 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Dec 2013 22:39

Like anyone could stop it.

themadstad

by themadstad » 28 Dec 2013 22:42

By want him to, did you mean by taking over?

Sorry I thought you meant something else.

Well it's all about the right approach for me. Reading has potential, I'm sure of it or completely mental, with the right approach and good investment we could move with that potential.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2013 23:01

themadstad The first post about a Sultan was recently via a Sheff Weds fan on a rumours site

In the public forum yes, but others here have been discussing via PM the links to the Sultanate of Oman for the last couple of weeks. Let's just see what comes of it. New ownership from whom ever it will be will hopefully spread some much needed positivity around the club. God knows we need it!
Last edited by SPARTA on 28 Dec 2013 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Dec 2013 23:03

And it was mentioned at the time of the Oman match (aka AZ's last stand)

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 28 Dec 2013 23:20

Found this a good read about the old buyout http://www.theguardian.com/football/dav ... tax-havens

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 29 Dec 2013 02:40

Like everyone JM has a close circle that he talks to, these people will mention things to their close circle.

Sparta and Multisync1830 are on the ball here.

FWIW I have not heard anything new for a couple of months, then again not sure I have put what I heard on here, other than to agree to points from others. ANd a wait and see comment now and again. Especially regarding the Prem money, and the parachute payments.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 29 Dec 2013 09:12

themadstad
SPARTA You can't expect an answer to that, surely? If someone entrusts information with you, and you pass on little bits, what you most definitely don't do is tell the world who the source is. multisync1830 mentioned back in Sept about interest from Oman and a Sultan, and only brought everyone's attention to his Sept posts a week ago when others caught wind of the Omani rumours. I wont pass anything multisync1830 or anyone else has told me, but each of them all back one another up. Just run with it and see what happens. Hopefully we hear next month!

We get so many rumours on here I feel it's the same, I looked back at that SOS post. Is that the one?

by multisync1830 » 25 Sep 2013 17:59

it ill all become clear in the fullness of time and I will revisit the thread for when it does and man o man it will shock some people

yet another coincidence I presume?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Dec 2013 12:22

If Omani investment is true (and I have no reason to believe it is or isn't) then I think it does explain a lot about the fixture earlier in the season. I personally thought it was a bizarre opposition at the time and wondered if there was more to it, but didn't put two and two together at the time. A full investment does tie into what I was told a couple of months ago that AZ and his people were looking for someone to buy the club, including SJM's shares.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Dec 2013 12:28

Cypry Has the thought crossed anyone else's mind that Antin isn't necessarily finished at the club?

It's been interesting to see how a lot of people have taken the SJM interview and focused on the "not got access to Anton's diary" element, but have missed where he said "I'm not concerned about the Zingaravich family. They still support Reading and will continue to do so going forward".

Given the speculation about the Omani investment, and how the Sultan is not expected to take a hands on role, I do wonder if there's a "third way" and whether the new investment is not an outright purchase of the club, but an investment in TSI themselves, which will in turn enable TSI to take full control....?

After all TSI is an investment vehicle, it seems obvious to me that they had one of their major backers pull out (assume papa Zingaravich) - is it not reasonable to assume that rather than walk away and take a loss, Anton and Samuelson would simply look for alternative money elsewhere to allow them to keep their project moving forward? All the talk has been of "new investment" after all....

I've got no ITK knowledge in this, but it just struck me that a lot of the coverage of the interview with SJM only took those comments which could be considered negative about Anton into account, but missed much of what he actually said. The Daily Fail goes so far as saying that SJM said that talks were underway with new investors which could lead to Zingaravich selling his share - unless I briefly dropped off during the interview, I don't believe SJM said anything of the sort, did he?

From what I was told, the Zingaravich's are continuing to fund the losses until the new investment is sorted out, but AZ is definitely done and won't be seen again at RFC. If the investment isn't done soon then there will be a trimming of the playing staff in January with the club looking to reduce its running costs (ie player wage bill). I assume this could include Pog and Guthrie given they are the highest earners and would imagine both Sharp and Baird may not be kept on

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 29 Dec 2013 12:57

3points

From what I was told, the Zingaravich's are continuing to fund the losses until the new investment is sorted out, but AZ is definitely done and won't be seen again at RFC. If the investment isn't done soon then there will be a trimming of the playing staff in January with the club looking to reduce its running costs (ie player wage bill). I assume this could include Pog and Guthrie given they are the highest earners and would imagine both Sharp and Baird may not be kept on

A deal to keep Sharp is all but done apparently, and we could see two/three more come in. I'm hoping that means we're confident new investment is close.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Dec 2013 13:27

"Director of Football Nick Hammond said: We tried to get some players in early in the window but unfortunately, for one reason or another, we couldn't get it done in time. Obviously we'll look at the loan market and free agents again as the success of Billy Sharp and Chris Baird has proved that that avenue can be valuable to us".

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Dec 2013 13:31

Uke

Like anyone could stop it.

Not what I asked.

themadstad

by themadstad » 29 Dec 2013 14:10

multisync1830
themadstad

by multisync1830 » 25 Sep 2013 17:59

it ill all become clear in the fullness of time and I will revisit the thread for when it does and man o man it will shock some people

yet another coincidence I presume?

Would appear so, yes.

We had links to Oman and youth there, keeping with Anton's plans for youth/acadamey.

On BBCRB when it was being discussed that we had Arabian looking guests, Dellor stated they were to do with the Omani youth set up.

That's what we know that has come out of the club/local media.

If anything happens and it's after Jan then I would expect we would already have flogged players to reduce outgoings.

8684 posts