Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Royal Ginger » 16 Jan 2014 19:48

multisync1830
Royal Ginger The bloke i now work with who left a very high level job with the club in summer said:

"I don't know anything about it. I haven't worked there in months."

That's a direct quote.

Is your man called Jeff by any chance?

uhhh...no...am I being whooshed here?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 16 Jan 2014 19:50

Royal Ginger
multisync1830
Royal Ginger The bloke i now work with who left a very high level job with the club in summer said:

That's a direct quote.

uhhh...no...am I being whooshed here?

you'll have to tell me what whooshed means before I answer that :lol:

JIM

by JIM » 16 Jan 2014 19:51

only 14 days to go and reading still know nothing, looks like a good second half of the season . :shock: :shock: :shock:

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 16 Jan 2014 20:05

JIM only 14 days to go and reading still know nothing, looks like a good second half of the season . :shock: :shock: :shock:

How many days are in January..?

15 days and change..

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Jan 2014 20:17

If Adkins has said that he won't have any money until there's a takeover or whatever it was, then there is NO WAY the players and Adkins were told about a takeover before the game last week - I called bollox then and I'm calling bollox now. If they had been confident enough to tell the manager and players, they would have wanted fans to know fairly soon afterwards as they must be able to tell by now, that a lot of fans are getting a bit restless about all this takeover malarkey now. And if it's a done deal, there would be no reason NOT to announce it. If it wasn't a done deal, why would they get the hopes of the manager up and his players - only for them to then have to say, "actually, we're not sure who is taking over yet and when"?

Sparta - just because I know someone on here who knows your informant, doesn't mean that I believe it.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Jan 2014 20:21

Royal Lady If Adkins has said that he won't have any money until there's a takeover or whatever it was, then there is NO WAY the players and Adkins were told about a takeover before the game last week - I called bollox then and I'm calling bollox now. If they had been confident enough to tell the manager and players, they would have wanted fans to know fairly soon afterwards as they must be able to tell by now, that a lot of fans are getting a bit restless about all this takeover malarkey now. And if it's a done deal, there would be no reason NOT to announce it. If it wasn't a done deal, why would they get the hopes of the manager up and his players - only for them to then have to say, "actually, we're not sure who is taking over yet and when"?

Sparta - just because I know someone on here who knows your informant, doesn't mean that I believe it.

Of course it doesn't, but it means you can corroborate it if you want to. I'm not just taking punts for the sheer hell of it. It really is a bizarre situation though. One minute people who are normally very reliable are hearing one thing, then it changes again. As I said a couple of days ago, the take-over doesn't excite me nor concern me this time around. It will be announced when all parties are good and ready, and we'll be told the template positives we were last time. Just have to hope for the best, there's little else as fans that we can do.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Jan 2014 20:29

Well, there will be a takeover one day - that's fairly certain. My informant says these americans are defo on the lookout to buy a club and they are not pulling out yet...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Jan 2014 20:39

My informant tells me that all this buyout talk whilst not made up, has been leaked by RFC to appease the fans who are getting impatient at the lack of investment.

I also heard that it's going to take ages to get Anton out & we will have to buy to sell in order to do any meaningful business in January.

Cypry

by Cypry » 16 Jan 2014 20:42

multisync1830

That's a direct quote.

Mine was though ;)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2014 20:44

I dont' see why it wouldn't make sense to keep the manager and players better informed than the fans. They are after all there all the time. More likely to be concerned about their future employment and prospects. It makes perfect sense to let them know that a deal is close to being finalised, especially during a transfer window to keep their eyes inward and not wondering about a move.

But you wouldn't tell the fans until everything was 100%. Certainly after the last experience and the way they spin a mountain out of a mole hill at every opportunity. The fans are always going to be the last to know and rightly so.

Cypry

by Cypry » 16 Jan 2014 20:48

Royal Lady If Adkins has said that he won't have any money until there's a takeover or whatever it was, then there is NO WAY the players and Adkins were told about a takeover before the game last week - I called bollox then and I'm calling bollox now. If they had been confident enough to tell the manager and players, they would have wanted fans to know fairly soon afterwards as they must be able to tell by now, that a lot of fans are getting a bit restless about all this takeover malarkey now. And if it's a done deal, there would be no reason NOT to announce it. If it wasn't a done deal, why would they get the hopes of the manager up and his players - only for them to then have to say, "actually, we're not sure who is taking over yet and when"?

I'm assuming you're referring to the quotes from Adkins used in the Chronicle story, which are about a fortnight old, and therefore pre-date the Watford game....

That whole story is a bit odd, written to be seemingly ITK, but picking quotes from all over the place which are not necessarily chronologically relevant....

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Jan 2014 20:57

Hopefully, the takeover will happen in due course.

I am in no rush to see us get back in the Premiership. I mainly want to see us in some good entertaining games of football from now until the end of the season.

I would also like to see us making a signing or two, as I believe it gives the fans a lift and it would be good to get some positive news for a change, as the last year has been a bit doom and gloom.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 20:59

The takeover was completed tonight by the Omanians. Expect the club to make an announcement at some point next week. Funds have been provided upfront to the club in advance from the investors in the same way it was when Zingarevich took over. There will be the usual checks carried out but this is now confirmed. Expect some more bids for players early next week. Quite happy to be hauled over the coals if I'm wrong but I have better things to do with my time than make up stories.

Thought you guys would like to know.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 21:07

Dave-Royal noelgallagher

were did you here this Oman is coming to reading?

The minute I reveal my source is the second I lose that persons trust and thus lose out in the future to obtain such news.

In other words, to put a finer point on it, I'm not prepared to expose an employee at the club and land them in trouble I'm afraid. The quickest way to stop a leak is to find it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jan 2014 21:08

Just like that time Thomas Ince was having a medical and signing for Reading noel. I remember your source was pretty spot on about that one.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 21:09

genome Just like that time Thomas Ince was having a medical and signing for Reading noel. I remember your source was pretty spot on about that one.

He was going to until his father told him not to. In fact Ince senior has messed a fair few clubs around.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jan 2014 21:10

And that time there was going to be an "announcement soon" about Sissoko and others which would mean we'd all "have egg on our faces".

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 16 Jan 2014 21:11

noelgallagher The takeover was completed tonight by the Omanians. Expect the club to make an announcement at some point next week. Funds have been provided upfront to the club in advance from the investors in the same way it was when Zingarevich took over. There will be the usual checks carried out but this is now confirmed. Expect some more bids for players early next week. Quite happy to be hauled over the coals if I'm wrong but I have better things to do with my time than make up stories.

Thought you guys would like to know.

The Omanians sound like some sort of Dr Who type race.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jan 2014 21:12

Cheers Noel.

There's an easy way to find out if you're right, it just involves a little patience. I look forward to seeing what happens.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 16 Jan 2014 21:13

sandman And that time there was going to be an "announcement soon" about Sissoko and others which would mean we'd all "have egg on our faces".

To be fair, Sissoko was at the hotel in a meeting room... The story, true or not, goes that Anton failed to show/couldn't be contacted, to make it go through.

Let's just wait and see before people start eating each other.

8684 posts