Pat Butchers Ring

Re: Buyout

by Pat Butchers Ring » 16 Jan 2014 21:14

Hi Noel (can I call you that?)
You sound fit, what are you wearing?

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 21:19

sandman And that time there was going to be an "announcement soon" about Sissoko and others which would mean we'd all "have egg on our faces".

I can go all night with this. The man was in Nicky Hammond's office, the paperwork was there ready to be signed but the running Russian never showed up. I knew then the club was no longer his priority and that his 'pocket money' had been stopped by Zingarevich senior.

You don't have to believe me, I respect that. Like I say, I've got better things to do than make stories up to wind you guys up. If it isn't announced next week, then by all means shoot me down.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Jan 2014 21:19

Tbf to Liam he did call the Kelly signing. I'm going to follow along with the slightly naive belief that nobody lies on here and that all is now well :)

Why are they waiting till next week though?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Jan 2014 21:20

noelgallagher The takeover was completed tonight by the Omanians. Expect the club to make an announcement at some point next week. Funds have been provided upfront to the club in advance from the investors in the same way it was when Zingarevich took over. There will be the usual checks carried out but this is now confirmed. Expect some more bids for players early next week. Quite happy to be hauled over the coals if I'm wrong but I have better things to do with my time than make up stories.

Thought you guys would like to know.

Thank you.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 16 Jan 2014 21:23

Hopefully it will be all done and dusted sooner rather later, although if it means we have to wait for a few weeksto get it right then so be it. It would, in time, be interesting to know what happened to Anton and why it seems to have gone wrong, fathers money, winter olympics etc........ Sir John has been a pretty astute businessman in his time, would be surprised if he "got it wrong" with the Zingarevitch family deal.

My one question if anyone knows the answer,who are the prospective buyers dealing with Sir John or Zingarevich ? I only ask as I trust Sir John to get the best deal and ownership for the club, whereas I suspect Zingarevich is mainly interested in recouping his money.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 21:24

winchester_royal Tbf to Liam he did call the Kelly signing. I'm going to follow along with the slightly naive belief that nobody lies on here and that all is now well :)

The same reason they waited to announce Drenthe. F*ck knows mate.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 16 Jan 2014 21:30

Fair enough, thanks for sharing anyway.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Jan 2014 21:38

At some point in the future, near or far, RFC will be taken over by someone who will be from a country on the planet Earth, then again you can never rule out those Alien fellas. I feel it in my Plums.

You heard it here first #ITK

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 16 Jan 2014 21:38

winchester_royal Tbf to Liam he did call the Kelly signing. I'm going to follow along with the slightly naive belief that nobody lies on here and that all is now well :)

Liam? Liam? You having a laugh mate? Liam can't spell let alone post on a forum. Posting on a forum to Liam means delivering mail to the Forum in London. He thought the O2 Brixton Academy was where O2 train their call center staff.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jan 2014 23:23

It's fun keeping up with this thread from a distance.

I particularly like the fact that there is NO WAY the players could have been told any positive news about the takeover before the match on Saturday - because 1. Adkins has said he wouldn't have any funds unless a takeover was done and 2. because the fans would surely have been told as well by now.

Astounding logic there.

I'm calling Bollox. (With a capital B it seems, because that's what Apple does...)

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 16 Jan 2014 23:44

Royal Rother It's fun keeping up with this thread from a distance.

I particularly like the fact that there is NO WAY the players could have been told any positive news about the takeover before the match on Saturday - because 1. Adkins has said he wouldn't have any funds unless a takeover was done and 2. because the fans would surely have been told as well by now.

Astounding logic there.

I'm calling Bollox. (With a capital B it seems, because that's what Apple does...)

when you say fact can you see your whole argument crumble before your very eyes, irrespective of the truth of the matter..

Cypry

by Cypry » 17 Jan 2014 06:48

multisync1830

Astounding logic there.

when you say fact can you see your whole argument crumble before your very eyes, irrespective of the truth of the matter..

Thing is Adkins said that some time before Saturday, then last week we bid for Hobbs, and when asked about the takeover after the Watford game, he smiled and said he couldn't comment.
Not sure how that makes it fact that the players couldn't have been told, to me it indicates quite the reverse.

As for "the fans would've been told by now", the TSI deal happened around the Christmas period, but the fans weren't told until 20th Jan, several weeks later. Again, I'm not sure that your argument holds water.....

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 17 Jan 2014 07:06

Have heard a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at 11am to announce the takeover. It will be the Omanis

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 17 Jan 2014 08:26

Cypry
multisync1830

Astounding logic there.

Thing is Adkins said that some time before Saturday, then last week we bid for Hobbs, and when asked about the takeover after the Watford game, he smiled and said he couldn't comment.
Not sure how that makes it fact that the players couldn't have been told, to me it indicates quite the reverse.

As for "the fans would've been told by now", the TSI deal happened around the Christmas period, but the fans weren't told until 20th Jan, several weeks later. Again, I'm not sure that your argument holds water.....

That's pretty much what I said earlier in the week. When Adkins was asked by Watts after the game if we had new owners, he smiled and said something like he wasn't allowed to say. We all know that the way you answer a question can say more than the words you give. The fact that he chose to smile may have been influenced by relief at the result, but couple this with his answer, e.g. he could have said no, he could have said he didn't know, he could have said others above him were dealing with that (which he had used before) but he said he was not allowed to say. That's a politician's answer. An answer that allows the questioner (and anyone listening to the question) to get an answer, that you can deny later down the road if it goes t*ts up. The players and staff at the club are an asset and add value to it. it's in the clubs interests to keep them informed of what is going on. On balance I do believe the players and management were told something on Saturday. I don't know if they were told who would be/was taking over or when the deal would be done but I think some certainty was mentioned.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Jan 2014 09:24

Reading4eva Have heard a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at 11am to announce the takeover. It will be the Omanis

And you'd done so well at not making shIt up during this window...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jan 2014 10:16

Cypry
multisync1830

Astounding logic there.

Not MY argument, I was quoting somebody else and calling it bollox.

Cypry

by Cypry » 17 Jan 2014 10:24

Royal Rother
Not MY argument, I was quoting somebody else and calling it bollox.

Sorry - didn't "get" your sarcasm...

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 17 Jan 2014 11:29

Reading4eva Have heard a press conference scheduled for Wednesday at 11am to announce the takeover. It will be the Omanis

Charles Watts tweeted this a few hours ago:-

@charles_watts: @Houlton11 @jacksimpson1996 There is certainly no press conference.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Jan 2014 11:34

noelgallagher

The same reason they waited to announce Drenthe. F*ck knows mate.

Dont know why people love to bring you down. Not everyone is that sad to make stuff up on a football forum. You have brought us reliable information before and i dont doubt you at all. Keep bringing it to the table dude! Much appreciated

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 17 Jan 2014 11:51

noelgallagher

Liam? Liam? You having a laugh mate? Liam can't spell let alone post on a forum. Posting on a forum to Liam means delivering mail to the Forum in London. He thought the O2 Brixton Academy was where O2 train their call center staff.

Where's the 'Like' button when you need it ...

8684 posts