Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Ian Royal » 12 Feb 2014 18:15

Royal Lady James Henry?

Wasn't the criteria playing in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe? When has Henry played above Championship level?

I think Karacan might miss out on qualifying by not quite playing enough PL games thanks to injury and only just starting to break through previous time around. But I haven't checked if I've got that right or not.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Feb 2014 11:34

I believe it is current players only. That is, only players who are "currently" (read: last season) playing in the top divisions of England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France.

Henry has never played in the PL, and neither Cox nor Ashdown did last season.

Wickham left us too early to count.

If Karacan doesn't count, then there's no way Samuel would, nor Church - so I think Karacan must count. Actually, thinking about it, did Church even play in the league last season? I only remember him playing in the cup match against Arsenal. So the seven could be Pearce, Karacan, HRK, McCarthy and Samuel, plus Long and Sigurdsson.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Feb 2014 15:12

Ian Royal
Royal Lady James Henry?

Wasn't the criteria playing in one of the top 5 leagues in Europe? When has Henry played above Championship level?

I think Karacan might miss out on qualifying by not quite playing enough PL games thanks to injury and only just starting to break through previous time around. But I haven't checked if I've got that right or not.

Oh dear. Did I really need to put a :wink: :|

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 Feb 2014 16:22

It turns out that we have all wasted 127 pages of posts on a buyout that wasn't even near. I just think the communication between the club and its fans is pretty awful. Surely they should learn something for this instead of allowing our hopes to be raised all the time. After Mr Mad's latest statement that money was available only to be told a couple of weeks later that it wasn't must mean that there's no direction from the top. We are back to cutting cloth and making do and having to rely on the youngsters for any progress. Its a pity that we have been lead to believe over the last 2 years that we were in for something special. Mr Mad does his best but lets face it we will need to get used to a championship surviving team once the parachute money has gone. We have wasted another year with poor tactics and a squad good enough to have got auto promotion but falling short as a result. Ditto 2007 when poor decision making cost us a chance to cement our position in the premiership.

I guess its all over now and we can get back to what was normal for us oldies.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 13 Feb 2014 16:27

paddy20 It turns out that we have all wasted 127 pages of posts on a buyout that wasn't even near. I just think the communication between the club and its fans is pretty awful. Surely they should learn something for this instead of allowing our hopes to be raised all the time. After Mr Mad's latest statement that money was available only to be told a couple of weeks later that it wasn't must mean that there's no direction from the top. We are back to cutting cloth and making do and having to rely on the youngsters for any progress. Its a pity that we have been lead to believe over the last 2 years that we were in for something special. Mr Mad does his best but lets face it we will need to get used to a championship surviving team once the parachute money has gone. We have wasted another year with poor tactics and a squad good enough to have got auto promotion but falling short as a result. Ditto 2007 when poor decision making cost us a chance to cement our position in the premiership.

Hope not. For me that's Div 3 South.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 13 Feb 2014 16:33

Old Biscuitman
paddy20 It turns out that we have all wasted 127 pages of posts on a buyout that wasn't even near. I just think the communication between the club and its fans is pretty awful. Surely they should learn something for this instead of allowing our hopes to be raised all the time. After Mr Mad's latest statement that money was available only to be told a couple of weeks later that it wasn't must mean that there's no direction from the top. We are back to cutting cloth and making do and having to rely on the youngsters for any progress. Its a pity that we have been lead to believe over the last 2 years that we were in for something special. Mr Mad does his best but lets face it we will need to get used to a championship surviving team once the parachute money has gone. We have wasted another year with poor tactics and a squad good enough to have got auto promotion but falling short as a result. Ditto 2007 when poor decision making cost us a chance to cement our position in the premiership.

Hope not. For me that's Div 3 South.

Wow. Mines 1963. I thought I was old ha ha

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2014 16:43

Royal Lady
Ian Royal
Royal Lady James Henry?

Oh dear. Did I really need to put a :wink: :|

How foolish of me, it would be totally out of character for you to post something stupid or wrong unintentionally.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Feb 2014 18:32

Oh get over yourself Gollum - I was having a joke - not everyone's persona on here is the exact same persona they have in real life you know. Unlike yours.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 14 Feb 2014 20:53

ChuckLOLe

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Feb 2014 15:32

What he actually said is that money was available in Jan whether or not the takeover happened - thats why people are annoyed, in addition to every other side in the championship strengthening in the window and most getting loan players in now

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Feb 2014 15:38

Mid Sussex Royal

What he actually said is that money was available in Jan whether or not the takeover happened - thats why people are annoyed, in addition to every other side in the championship strengthening in the window and most getting loan players in now

But money was made available - supposedly for the attempt to buy Hobbs. And if that money (all 600k) was all we had then we could hardly go round chasing others in case the Hobbs thing came off :lol:

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 15 Feb 2014 17:05

Do you believe we had money for Hobbs? We only have two strikers and Adkins wanted, and admitted as such, to keep Sharp here but we couldn't afford it. Yet we were bidding for Hobbs and supposedly offering bigger wages than Forest? Slap yourself! The bid was no more than PR for the club to appease the fans.

JIM

by JIM » 15 Feb 2014 17:29

when we get stuffed on Sunday. you can always say ITS THE READING WAY. also the gap is increasing between 5 and 6 to 7 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2014 17:38

royalgrumpy Do you believe we had money for Hobbs? We only have two strikers and Adkins wanted, and admitted as such, to keep Sharp here but we couldn't afford it. Yet we were bidding for Hobbs and supposedly offering bigger wages than Forest? Slap yourself! The bid was no more than PR for the club to appease the fans.

I believe Adkins said he was after a striker, a centreback and a midfielder.

Hobbs being the centreback. Slap yourself for thinking the club goes to the effort of making fake bids to make it look a laughing stock in the football world and undermining its abilities to negotiate with players itself. Slap yourself for thinking it would do this when it quite clearly doesn't satisfy any of the morons who bitch all the time anyway.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 15 Feb 2014 17:44

Ian Royal
royalgrumpy Do you believe we had money for Hobbs? We only have two strikers and Adkins wanted, and admitted as such, to keep Sharp here but we couldn't afford it. Yet we were bidding for Hobbs and supposedly offering bigger wages than Forest? Slap yourself! The bid was no more than PR for the club to appease the fans.

I believe Adkins said he was after a striker, a centreback and a midfielder.

Hobbs being the centreback. Slap yourself for thinking the club goes to the effort of making fake bids to make it look a laughing stock in the football world and undermining its abilities to negotiate with players itself. Slap yourself for thinking it would do this when it quite clearly doesn't satisfy any of the morons who bitch all the time anyway.

I suppose you believe we were bidding over £10m for Gylfi Sigurdsson 12 months previous as well? You are the target market for PR stunts like this. You believe everything the club tells you.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2014 19:21

No, I just don't decide anything that contradicts my view is a conspiracy and go on evidence.

I seem to recall with both your examples that it wasn't us that released the news of a bid. Pretty shambolic for a PR stunt.

jellytot

by jellytot » 16 Feb 2014 23:21

JIM when we get stuffed on Sunday. you can always say ITS THE READING WAY. also the gap is increasing between 5 and 6 to 7 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

We played QPR off the park. QPR looked average, they are trying to buy their way out. If they don't go up they will be in deep poo. To be honest we need to go up too or we will be selling about 5 key players. Especially if no buyer comes in.

JIM

by JIM » 17 Feb 2014 08:25

I withdraw my comment,Lets play the Reading way all the time, if Sundays result is the norm. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 17 Feb 2014 17:39

jellytot
JIM when we get stuffed on Sunday. you can always say ITS THE READING WAY. also the gap is increasing between 5 and 6 to 7 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

We played QPR off the park. QPR looked average, they are trying to buy their way out. If they don't go up they will be in deep poo. To be honest we need to go up too or we will be selling about 5 key players. Especially if no buyer comes in.

I bet you if QPR don't go up there won't be a firesale there - they'll sell one or two players and let some go, but they'll sign other good players ... and will be challenging for the Prem next season. They've got very rich owners.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2014 18:44

They won't be able to keep it up for more than a couple of seasons though. There's already been a hint that Fernandes(?) was going to bail on them. They'll either fall foul of financial fairplay or lose their owner and implode.

8684 posts