Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Buyout

by SPARTA » 17 Feb 2014 19:42

Ian Royal I seem to recall with both your examples that it wasn't us that released the news of a bid. Pretty shambolic for a PR stunt.

I seem to recall the club being very open about the 'deal' and lapping up the 'PR' for such an ambitious deal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2014 21:08

SPARTA
Ian Royal I seem to recall with both your examples that it wasn't us that released the news of a bid. Pretty shambolic for a PR stunt.

I seem to recall the club being very open about the 'deal' and lapping up the 'PR' for such an ambitious deal.

On Sig? After it was public domain and the window had shut, yes they also confirmed it and talked about the ambition it showed.

If the club was trying to con people I'd expect it to be the first to announce its made a bid and do it straight away.

It's not really a credible conspiracy.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 18 Feb 2014 10:53

Good god, Pepe may just be right about something. The Independent are reporting that Vince McMahon wants to buy Newcastle.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 18 Feb 2014 14:08

Ian Royal They won't be able to keep it up for more than a couple of seasons though. There's already been a hint that Fernandes(?) was going to bail on them. They'll either fall foul of financial fairplay or lose their owner and implode.

If I'm not wrong the financial fairplay rules can be circumvented pretty easily by an owner with deep pockets - look at ManCity ...

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Feb 2014 14:12

YateleyRoyal Good god, Pepe may just be right about something. The Independent are reporting that Vince McMahon wants to buy Newcastle.

His first signing will be Macho Man Robbie Savage

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Feb 2014 23:01

Royalwaster
Ian Royal They won't be able to keep it up for more than a couple of seasons though. There's already been a hint that Fernandes(?) was going to bail on them. They'll either fall foul of financial fairplay or lose their owner and implode.

If I'm not wrong the financial fairplay rules can be circumvented pretty easily by an owner with deep pockets - look at ManCity ...

For whom FFP is only just becoming relevant? Come back to me in 5 years.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Feb 2014 12:59

It's not like there are still occasional murmurings, and it looks like Madejski is being active in trying to get the club sold, rather than sitting and waiting for a buyer.

One name that there's probably nothing serious in, but I recently heard mentioned and it sounds like contact is Chinese billionaire Wang Jianlin.

That's the guy who denied being interested in buying Southampton, last November he denied being after Roma. He used to own Dalian Shide but sold up because he became disillusioned with corruption and match-fixing is interested in football, he also has very favourable views on investing in England. Couple of years ago he put £57m into sponsoring the Chinese Football Association Super League.

With the companies he's had his focus hasn't been on money, but longevity (but has made a oxf*rd of money - about £14bn).

Probably nothing in it, but anything that sounds like we're speaking to people makes me feel a little more ease that Madejski purgatory shouldn't become regression.

Edit: This is what he said when asked to talk about his company. Sounds familiar.

“Great companies are born, not developed, because each company has its own DNA,” says Wang.

“We had great ambition, not like other companies. Our strategy was to develop into a large-scale company instead of just gambling some money and enjoying ourselves. We wanted centennial development.”

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 21 Feb 2014 13:15

I looked him up on Wiki and found this interesting...

His company owns 9.03 million square metres of investment property, 49 Wanda Plazas, 26 luxury hotels, 86 cinemas, 40 department stores, and 45 karaoke centres around China. The company became the world's largest theatre owner in 2012 when it acquired AMC Theaters.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Feb 2014 13:24

There are always names going around though, now and in the past, and that's just those that don't go anywhere, like Bulat Utemuratov, Aliko Dangote, Kostyantin Zhevago etc etc.

Most of the time it comes to nothing and the real serious ones tend to come out at a later stage.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Feb 2014 14:14

Player's contract negotiations are now all postponed until someone buys the club according to the EP today.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 21 Feb 2014 15:09

Sutekh Player's contract negotiations are now all postponed until someone buys the club according to the EP today.

If we don't get new investment I can see us losing a lot of players in the summer and having a really bad season, probably not bad enough to go down but lower mid-table.

We really need to get Jake Taylor and Michael Hector on new deals because they're out of contract in the summer as well.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Feb 2014 15:26

I reckon that it won't be that drastic. Zinga will want a return on his share, he won't get that letting us regress beyond our means. He's converted a lot of Madejski's loans into his own and I'm sure he'll finance, albeit at the minimum possible standard, stability until investment is here.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 21 Feb 2014 15:31

maffff I reckon that it won't be that drastic. Zinga will want a return on his share, he won't get that letting us regress beyond our means. He's converted a lot of Madejski's loans into his own and I'm sure he'll finance, albeit at the minimum possible standard, stability until investment is here.

I really hope so, I've just got a bad feeling about it all.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Feb 2014 15:51

Sutekh Player's contract negotiations are now all postponed until someone buys the club according to the EP today.

what happens if no one does....?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Feb 2014 15:53

Royalwaster
jellytot
JIM when we get stuffed on Sunday. you can always say ITS THE READING WAY. also the gap is increasing between 5 and 6 to 7 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

We played QPR off the park. QPR looked average, they are trying to buy their way out. If they don't go up they will be in deep poo. To be honest we need to go up too or we will be selling about 5 key players. Especially if no buyer comes in.

I bet you if QPR don't go up there won't be a firesale there - they'll sell one or two players and let some go, but they'll sign other good players ... and will be challenging for the Prem next season. They've got very rich owners.

who werw already talking about legging it at the prospect of going down, let alone spending multiple years in the championship

you dont get rich by being the type of person who just throws vast ammounts of money away each year

jellytot

by jellytot » 22 Feb 2014 07:15

melonhead

I don't think we should panic if no one comes in.. for now. If we fail to go up (which is a certainty unless we finish in the top 2 as we are cursed in the play offs) then i think af least 3 or 4 of our main players will have to be sold and they won't want to stay anyway.

ALF, McCarthy, the Pog, McCleary, Williams and Robson-Kanu could all potentially go. Drenthe will probably depart too if we can get rid. He is on good wages and probably big appearance money too.

We do have a great academy. We will have to rely on them. I will worry if we lose cat 1 status.. I would like to see our new training ground go forward.. not happening for now.

At least we have a club. SJM is getting on. This was always going to happen if new owners couldn't be found. Hopefully we can still be competitive in the Championship but we will be tighter than ever.

The crying at Wembley will be longer than before.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 22 Feb 2014 08:55

jellytot
melonhead

I don't think we should panic if no one comes in.. for now. If we fail to go up (which is a certainty unless we finish in the top 2 as we are cursed in the play offs) then i think af least 3 or 4 of our main players will have to be sold and they won't want to stay anyway.

ALF, McCarthy, the Pog, McCleary, Williams and Robson-Kanu could all potentially go. Drenthe will probably depart too if we can get rid. He is on good wages and probably big appearance money too.

We do have a great academy. We will have to rely on them. I will worry if we lose cat 1 status.. I would like to see our new training ground go forward.. not happening for now.

At least we have a club. SJM is getting on. This was always going to happen if new owners couldn't be found. Hopefully we can still be competitive in the Championship but we will be tighter than ever.

The crying at Wembley will be longer than before.

Robson - Kanu??? Williams probably on good money here, same as Pog so can't see them moving. We probably won't be able to afford Bridge. Can see us getting £5m for Macarthy and £3m for Macleery. Alf will probably go to a more ambitious Champ side for £2m. This money will be used to 'balance the books' A weakened side will end up midway in champ in 2015. We will sell out to a business consortium for about £25m. A la Leeds they won't be able to attract much investment for an average Champ team. We will bumble along as always.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 22 Feb 2014 09:37

Since 2003 we have been in the Prem for 3 seasons, we have been promoted as Champions in the Championship twice, we have been in the Championship Play Offs three times, have finished seventh in the Championship once and ninth twice.
I could cope with bumbling along like that.

Jemba

by Jemba » 22 Feb 2014 09:50

Hampshire Royal Since 2003 we have been in the Prem for 3 seasons, we have been promoted as Champions in the Championship twice, we have been in the Championship Play Offs three times, have finished seventh in the Championship once and ninth twice.

+ 1

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 22 Feb 2014 11:37

Jemba
Hampshire Royal Since 2003 we have been in the Prem for 3 seasons, we have been promoted as Champions in the Championship twice, we have been in the Championship Play Offs three times, have finished seventh in the Championship once and ninth twice.

+ 1

I would rather we invested in the team when we were in premiership and were an established premiership side. Yes things could be worse but they could also have been a lot better. We missed two golden chances to do that. I doubt we will have those again for quite a while

8684 posts