Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 Apr 2014 14:19

MouldyRoyal To be fair, it's an absolute shambLOLes of a sentence.

Despite the heavy blood loss, I did actually continue reading the post. It sounds like he fell down a flight of stairs while writing it. I hope he is okay.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 22 Apr 2014 16:23

Interesting to hear one of the players commented at the weekend that they thought the takeover would be done months ago and said they all thought it was the Omani's coming in, and don't know what the delay is about. That throws us back a couple of months to when we heard the players had been told a deal was close with the Omani's. Hopefully the delay is only to see what league we're in, rather than the rumours of SJM possibly scaring off potential owners with requests such as not changing the stadium name for sponsorship...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Apr 2014 16:27

Which player where?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Apr 2014 16:45

The last quote I had off anyone that knows anyone was "not a oxf*rd clue". :lol:

jellytot

by jellytot » 22 Apr 2014 21:10

SJM has said today 'no deal is imminent' and that finding a new owner is 'critical'.

We will selling pretty much everyone if we get to July with no new owner in. There is not enough money in the club and too much going out.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Apr 2014 22:44

Extended-Phenotype
MouldyRoyal To be fair, it's an absolute shambLOLes of a sentence.

Despite the heavy blood loss, I did actually continue reading the post. It sounds like he fell down a flight of stairs while writing it. I hope he is okay.

Oh gosh, you are funny.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Apr 2014 10:41

jellytot SJM has said today 'no deal is imminent' and that finding a new owner is 'critical'.

We will selling pretty much everyone if we get to July with no new owner in. There is not enough money in the club and too much going out.

if we get shot of the bigger high wages players. bring in a few kids & i think we can probably get the wage bill to manageable proportions

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 23 Apr 2014 11:21

Yeah, but if we go up it might be considered a bit unfair to throw young, relatively untested kids against teams like Liverpool and Man C, even the cheating scumbags from Stamford Bridge.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Apr 2014 11:34

He could have been significantly less discriminating in who he sold to or the price he wants. He could have just walked away and taken no more involvement. He could probably wind the club up as a major debtor.

but he hasn't. He's actively involved. He's tried to do the best for us he could. He hasn't always got it right. But he's put us on the map and given us amazing times we could otherwise only have dreamed of. We're not a lower league club that's got lucky for a while. He's genuinely turned us into a secure upper tier two side with pretentions to sit on the top table.

Yeah so he's benefitted from that too. We're not a oxf*rd charity. Thankfully the majority of our fans recognise what an utter legend he is and how terrible the alternatives could be.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Apr 2014 15:57

Trouble with SJM's latest statement is that it all sounds a bit desperate, ie it is 'critical' that we find a new buyer.

It also sends out a message to prospective buyers, if there are any, that he is willing to sell the club for a song.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 23 Apr 2014 16:38

jellytot SJM has said today 'no deal is imminent' and that finding a new owner is 'critical'.

so lets freeze ST prices then. that statement don`t wash with me, why on earth are we pushing for promotion with a chairman that comes out with shit like this?.

JakeTheRoyal

by JakeTheRoyal » 23 Apr 2014 16:43

We dont care about Anton

Wan***

He dont care about us

C***

All we care about is Reading FC

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Apr 2014 16:59

windermere_royal

so lets freeze ST prices then. that statement don`t wash with me, why on earth are we pushing for promotion with a chairman that comes out with shit like this?.
they've been frozen...
And eh? What?!

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 23 Apr 2014 17:32

Ian Royal He could have been significantly less discriminating in who he sold to or the price he wants. He could have just walked away and taken no more involvement. He could probably wind the club up as a major debtor.

but he hasn't. He's actively involved. He's tried to do the best for us he could. He hasn't always got it right. But he's put us on the map and given us amazing times we could otherwise only have dreamed of. We're not a lower league club that's got lucky for a while. He's genuinely turned us into a secure upper tier two side with pretentions to sit on the top table.

Yeah so he's benefitted from that too. We're not a oxf*rd charity. Thankfully the majority of our fans recognise what an utter legend he is and how terrible the alternatives could be.

spot on

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 23 Apr 2014 17:50

Ian Royal He could have been significantly less discriminating in who he sold to or the price he wants. He could have just walked away and taken no more involvement. He could probably wind the club up as a major debtor.

Very true, absolutely agree. There is no one I would trust more with Reading FC than SJM , but is his judgement a little in question after the whole thing with AZ? I guess he made a mistake but lets be honest, if SJM can't find the right person to take over, then who can?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Apr 2014 17:57

SydenhamRoyal

spot on

He could have been significantly less discriminating in who he sold too? Significantly less than selecting the Zingarevich shyster?!

Less discriminating in the price he wants? Surely the problem is that the price he wants is too high? Now if what you really mean is that he is holding out to find a buyer that will genuinely invest in the football club, that is a very different thing from what is written above!

Wind the club up as the major debtor? - How much is he owed now? Is he that much of a major debtor or has the majority been paid?

Walked away? I guess that would leave him with the square root of F*ck all so he is not likely to do that. Furthermore, he has at least been honest enough to state that it is in his own best interest to stay and find a buyer.

As for lack of funds and the need for investment being critical - what is the price/value of the naming rights for a stadium that is home to a decent rugby team and a strong Championship football team?

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 23 Apr 2014 18:26

Whilst I really do sympathise with SJM - he thought he was doing the right thing - let's just hope he's getting some better advice this time. The TSI takeover has made him look inept from a business perspective. Who was advising him?

From the very little info i know, by the time he finds a buyer (that's actually "if" he finds a buyer), agrees a price and the sale is complete, I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away with nothing - worse still, he'll be out of pocket from keeping things running whilst the search for a new owner goes on.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Apr 2014 18:33

Hardly a good selling point to prospective buyers. Now sounds like a panic mode after all the ones that have viewed have shown no interest. I.E come and buy us at any price please. Now a distressed sale. If distressed sales don't work we can also imagine what happens next

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 23 Apr 2014 20:33

Don't forget it's Zingy's share that he's trying to sell. Sounds like Zingy is holding out for a high price (perhaps waiting to see if we get in the PL).

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Apr 2014 20:40

Man Friday Don't forget it's Zingy's share that he's trying to sell. Sounds like Zingy is holding out for a high price (perhaps waiting to see if we get in the PL).

Yes I can imagine you are right. JM may have his hands tied a bit

8684 posts