Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Re: Buyout

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 02 May 2014 15:55

Royal Rother Zero chance. Parachute payments would cease if we get promoted.

Slightly as an aside, once we have got our parachute payment for this year, do the PL then keep the other 3? I vaguely recollect seeing that the rest of the payments is distributed throughout the leagues with the majority split between the Championship teams. If that's the case, you'd have thought the rest of football would be praying for anything but a Derby win in the final!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 May 2014 16:56

Royal Lady If we were to go up, big IF I know, what's the likelihood of AZ/TSI getting their hands on some or all of the parachute money? Does anyone know?

Sorry, I meant the money we get for going up, not parachute payments :oops:

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 02 May 2014 17:13

They can't legally take club money except as salary type payments, or They can ask for the money we owe them

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 May 2014 17:32

We have no knowledge of what basis any loans were made, what agreements have been made recently between the Zingaravich's and SJM or what roles AZ still legally has with the club (I assume he is still legally a director ) so it's hard to say what the situation might be. With 'old school' RFC people on the board and seemingly in de facto control I would have thought that any shady extraction of money would be unlikely.

I'm still unsure whether there is any proof AZ has taken any cash out of the club. I think it',s clear he committed us to spending above our means, although even then the suggestion is that BZ is covering that to some degree in the short term.

If AZ hasn't diverted money from club funds I think it's unlikely he would be able to do so if we go up.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 03 May 2014 19:40

The club needs to find approximately £4m by the end of next week. I don't know if this is a loan repayment, or wages. Where will we find it? Perhaps yet another loan from Boris Zingarevich or a bank, but things are very concerning at the club. The need for a new owner couldn't be more apparent. We are in for a very difficult time.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 May 2014 00:34

royalgrumpy The club needs to find approximately £4m by the end of next week. I don't know if this is a loan repayment, or wages. Where will we find it? Perhaps yet another loan from Boris Zingarevich or a bank, but things are very concerning at the club. The need for a new owner couldn't be more apparent. We are in for a very difficult time.

Can you see any Russian shifting money to the West at the moment?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 01:36

Found this, posted today:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive-reading-takeover-talks-finally-making-progress-21196

Random website claiming direct quotes from a football agent claiming to have agreed a 50% takeover of Reading. :?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 04 May 2014 02:12

What a terrible article.

Exlcusive
Does no one use spell check?

London team
Not as far as I'm aware!

The fact that we'd be owned by an agent just sounds ridiculous :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 May 2014 04:41

For me I’m going to leave my bid as it is and head to my local Balgarth and Pines, and spend some time away before the transfer window

Lol wut?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 May 2014 04:46

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 May 2014 08:48

genome Found this, posted today:

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive-reading-takeover-talks-finally-making-progress-21196

Random website claiming direct quotes from a football agent claiming to have agreed a 50% takeover of Reading. :?

Wasn't Jonathan Hope something to do with the proposed take over at Rangers (Glasgow) a couple of years ago, think he was on the fans side or something.

As to the above link, offering £12m for 50% seems to be the expected rate but if this is true does that mean the Anton's percentage would still be with him or has JM the ability to sell on behalf of Anton? I presume that JM can sell Anton's share (and £12m would presumably be the outlay the AZ made originally) and Hope would therefore be co-owner with JM until another party came in for the other half.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 May 2014 09:21

He'd just be the representative for the buyers, nothing to do with ownership.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 04 May 2014 10:22

Pepe the Horseman http://m.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-weds/sheffield-wednesday-no-deal-with-qatari-group-1-6500771

There are too many clubs up for sale, many with huge stadia and running costs. We are one of scores of clubs on the market.

If you were buying, you buy to invest. What would you buy, an up and coming club with room to grow (Like MK Dons) or a debt ridden club with Prem facilities (Birmingham).

The Prem with a policy of not letting one of its own go bust has dumped loads of toxic clubs on the lower leagues - Pompey, Wednesday, Brum, etc.

There is a huge re-adjustment and reality check on its way, we'll probably be at a similar level to Peterborough in terms of facilities and investment once the dust settles across the leagues

It's a buyers' market now.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 12:51

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Royal Rother Zero chance. Parachute payments would cease if we get promoted.

Slightly as an aside, once we have got our parachute payment for this year, do the PL then keep the other 3? I vaguely recollect seeing that the rest of the payments is distributed throughout the leagues with the majority split between the Championship teams. If that's the case, you'd have thought the rest of football would be praying for anything but a Derby win in the final!

IIRC, if one of the relegated teams goes straight back up their parachute money is split between the rest of the division. However, I'm not sure that would include us as we already have our own parachute money??

On that basis, we don't want QPR or Wigan to do it as it would potentially strengthen the other sides. We really should be rooting for Derby or Brighton.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 04 May 2014 14:30

Just found this - apologies if already posted.

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive ... ress-21196

Won't hold my breath though!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 May 2014 19:18

:|

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 05 May 2014 01:58

MmmMonsterMunch Just found this - apologies if already posted.

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive ... ress-21196

Won't hold my breath though!

It was seriously on the last page.... Like seriously bro

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 06 May 2014 13:07

Ian Royal
loyalroyaldaz Dont be so Fcuking cock sure. He was given it for a quid lets not forget eh?

Ingrate.

How many Chairman can you name other than Dave Whelan who've done more for a club and built it up as well?

If Whelan did one from Wigan they would be stuffed. Their support is on par with Bury

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 May 2014 16:12

just found this http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive ... ress-21196 couldn't see it posted any where else

we will see

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 May 2014 16:29

WoodleyRoyal just found this http://www.winnersports.co.uk/exlcusive ... ress-21196 couldn't see it posted any where else

we will see

First they can't even spell Exclusive! (even when they put it in capitals they didn't spot their error). Secondly, a buyer hasn't been found for the club as the offer that supposedly exists is for only 50% (would that leave AZ with 1% or would they take 49% from JM and hope to persuade AZ to part with 1%?) and is conditional upon someone making an offer for the other 50%.

Seems more likely to be JM getting a taste of his own medicine as Jonathan Hope uses the club to get a bit of free publicity!

8684 posts