Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
loyalroyaldaz

Re: Buyout

by loyalroyaldaz » 13 Jun 2014 22:59

FFS it could be a bloke from a Thai take away for all we know.....
Apparently it isnt the Red Bull Chap at all.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 13 Jun 2014 22:59

SPARTA
Lovely hot donuts! Obviously relieved if we have a knew owner who can invest money into the club BUT I would be extremely worried of it really is this guy who is an owner of Red Bull. New York MetroStars, SV Austria Salzburg and SSV Markranstädt were all bought by Red Bull and then re-branded as New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Liepzig respectively. All have almost identical badges and identical kits.
The FA would almost certainly block a name change (they blocked Hull Tigers) but they would be powerless against the kit change and the words "Red Bull" being plastered on everything other than the badge. To be honest, I don't find that prospect remotely appetising even if it brings success!
The two glimmers of hope are:
1) The general football supporting public & media in Britain probably wouldn't stand for the re-branding.
2) It seems, from the extremely limited amount of information we have, that it is actually this one specific Thai fella who's buying the company as opposed to Red Bull GmbH who bought the three previously mentioned football clubs.
Fingers crossed.

Charles says it's not him.

Few :D
Mini-panic over

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Jun 2014 23:01

I'd like to offer my apologies to Charlie. I criticised him earlier for not being particularly clued up, but he has at least tried to keep us updated with what little news he has managed to glean from the parties involved and has gone through the wringer with us all.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 13 Jun 2014 23:02

akranes Just to clear it up... maybe:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... h-football

red-bull-confirm-they-have-not-interest-in-investing-in-english-football

Last updated on 4 April - so it means jack ....

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 13 Jun 2014 23:03

winchester_royal I'd like to offer my apologies to Charlie. I criticised him earlier for not being particularly clued up, but he has at least tried to keep us updated with what little news he has managed to glean from the parties involved and has gone through the wringer with us all.

Not to mention the fact the club shut him out (or so I heard).

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 13 Jun 2014 23:03

So who the fook has bought our club?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Jun 2014 23:04

Pad Thai at half time will go down a treat, washed down by a Chang beer

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 23:04

Isn't it?

Jem Paul Karacan ‏@JemKaracan4
Fancy a red bull

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Jun 2014 23:05

So Chang, Singha or Tiger?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 13 Jun 2014 23:06

Red Bull sports director is Ralf Rangnick, the guy who took Gylfi to Hoffenheim, so we should soon see him back.

JIM

by JIM » 13 Jun 2014 23:06

surely rebranding must have been one of the discussed items in the contract for sale.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 13 Jun 2014 23:09

Happy to have a stadium naming rights deal. SJM can have the West Stand named after him instead.

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 13 Jun 2014 23:09

JIM surely rebranding must have been one of the discussed items in the contract for sale.

If Vibrac and/or BGT were negotiating it then perhaps not.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 23:15

This will be controversial, but look what the Qatari's and Emirates have done for Man City. To compete we have to evolve. We can't just be plucky little 70's Reading kicking around the lower divisions and be happy to be wherever we are. I don't want the soul (whatever that is) to be ripped out of the club, but we can't wish for someone to take over, spend oodles of cash but not change anything, that's not realistic. I don't want us to be the Red Bull Royals as much as the next guy, but we have to accept that if a billionaire wishes to have a new toy, he's going to play with it.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jun 2014 23:17

loyalroyaldaz FFS it could be a bloke from a Thai take away for all we know.....
Apparently it isnt the Red Bull Chap at all.

That not what I am hearing. What do you know different?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jun 2014 23:18

SPARTA
Lovely hot donuts! Obviously relieved if we have a knew owner who can invest money into the club BUT I would be extremely worried of it really is this guy who is an owner of Red Bull. New York MetroStars, SV Austria Salzburg and SSV Markranstädt were all bought by Red Bull and then re-branded as New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Salzburg and RB Liepzig respectively. All have almost identical badges and identical kits.
The FA would almost certainly block a name change (they blocked Hull Tigers) but they would be powerless against the kit change and the words "Red Bull" being plastered on everything other than the badge. To be honest, I don't find that prospect remotely appetising even if it brings success!
1) The general football supporting public & media in Britain probably wouldn't stand for the re-branding.
2) It seems, from the extremely limited amount of information we have, that it is actually this one specific Thai fella who's buying the company as opposed to Red Bull GmbH who bought the three previously mentioned football clubs.
Fingers crossed.

Charles says it's not him.

Point me to where he says this please?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jun 2014 23:18

Fingers crossed.

Reading Bulls obvs

Lovely hot donuts!

by Lovely hot donuts! » 13 Jun 2014 23:19

Agent Balti This will be controversial, but look what the Qatari's and Emirates have done for Man City. To compete we have to evolve. We can't just be plucky little 70's Reading kicking around the lower divisions and be happy to be wherever we are. I don't want the soul (whatever that is) to be ripped out of the club, but we can't wish for someone to take over, spend oodles of cash but not change anything, that's not realistic. I don't want us to be the Red Bull Royals as much as the next guy, but we have to accept that if a billionaire wishes to have a new toy, he's going to play with it.

But the owners of Manchester City have embraced the pre-existing brand and the local community whilst playing with their toy.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 23:20

Dave-Royal We be took over by a Thai billionaire. my friend just text me it done deal....

THIS IS NEW INFORMATION. :shock:

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 13 Jun 2014 23:21

Lovely hot donuts!
Agent Balti This will be controversial, but look what the Qatari's and Emirates have done for Man City. To compete we have to evolve. We can't just be plucky little 70's Reading kicking around the lower divisions and be happy to be wherever we are. I don't want the soul (whatever that is) to be ripped out of the club, but we can't wish for someone to take over, spend oodles of cash but not change anything, that's not realistic. I don't want us to be the Red Bull Royals as much as the next guy, but we have to accept that if a billionaire wishes to have a new toy, he's going to play with it.

But the owners of Manchester City have embraced the pre-existing brand and the local community whilst playing with their toy.

Indeed. That's why I say 'evolve' and not rip it up completely. I can't just forsee moaning of changes when change is inevitable.

8684 posts