Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Nameless » 11 Jul 2014 21:19

Most of our players would do ok in the premiership if playing with slightly better players. If you slotted Gunter, McCleary, Karacan, Obita, Williams, MCCarthy, Guthrie into the Swansea, Palace or West Brom teams they would be ok.

We haven't had the right mix of players or the couple of key players to make the team function as a unit. We also have no real inspirational players a la Gerrard, Terry or even Parky to grab players and games by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. I also don't think the manager has got the best out of what we do have. There are very small margins between success and failure in football. We could be next seasons Burnley if we avoid injuries, we could be Wolves if we aren't careful

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Jul 2014 21:23

floyd__streete
Royal Rother Oh well absolutely, I completely understand that.

I am of course speaking from the position of my armchair and Stag Meadow.

There's a big difference, but I can only speak about my own perception.

So, York Road or Eynsham Park this season for you?

I wasn't having a dig at you and tbf there may well be many loyal, committed, match-attending fans who are as pro having a team full of kids learning on the job as you are. In an ideal world, I would endorse what you say 100% myself.

Dunno really, looking forward to seeing how I get on. Only need to do 10 more grounds out of the 92 league venues to complete the set too. Completely non-plussed with most aspects of modern professional football in this country these days. Particularly RFC. Contrary to popular belief I will always want them to win and will still be attending games as and when they take my fancy. Pleased that I have shaken off the shackles of the ludicrous commitment of having a season ticket. I will be suffering from some sort of reverse Stockholm Syndrome, still slating those who run the club and represent it despite not attending quite as regularly :wink:

For once I hadn't taken it as a dig at me and my response was supposed to me straight and truthful! 8)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Jul 2014 21:28

brighton_royal
windermere_royal WTF are you pricks talking about?

Any lakes anywhere near you, windermere_royal?

:D

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 11 Jul 2014 21:45

Depending on your point of view, viaduct or aqueduct may be of interest.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Jul 2014 21:57

I wish we could change the title of this post, Its totally irrelevant now

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 11 Jul 2014 21:59

Nameless Most of our players would do ok in the premiership if playing with slightly better players. If you slotted Gunter, McCleary, Karacan, Obita, Williams, MCCarthy, Guthrie into the Swansea, Palace or West Brom teams they would be ok.

Read this one time and thought it was bollocks, but then thought about it for a bit.......you're probably correct. They could do a job.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 11 Jul 2014 22:02

Water under the bridge I am afraid.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Jul 2014 23:26

Only one Trevor Morley Khunying Sasima Srivikorn - hmmm - given her much more overt political connections and the political sitatuion in Thailand this is highly unlikely......

No doubt Samuelson is involved whatever is going on........

I will give that comment due diligence

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 11 Jul 2014 23:49

Uh oh :oops:

It's wrong

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2014 00:04

floyd__streete
Ian Royal Jimmy Kebe disagrees. He was on the verge of leaving before TSI came in because he didn't think the club's ambitions matched his. We've got a squad full of people who want to play in the Premier League and think they're good enough for it. If they think they won't achieve that with Reading their application is likely to drop and they'll agitate for a move, which will also be disruptive.

Couldn't disagree more really, Ian.

Kebe left during the TSI regime so not entirely sure what your point is there m8.

And a squad full of people who think they're good enough to play in the Premier League :?: Guthrie no doubt thinks he should be, perhaps Pog. Not sure about anyone else, m8. And the lack of any departures of our players to Premier League clubs thus far despite the seemingly huge financial shortfall suggests that no one else thinks we have players good enough to play in the Premier League either. And did you not see our performances during 2012/13 :?:

Kebe would have left in January without TSI.

I didn't say they were good enough floyd, I said they *think* they're good enough. It's early days in the transfer window yet, and just because no one's buying them at the moment, doesn't mean their view, no matter how close to reality, wouldn't affect their performance if they thought we were holding them back. And I can think of plenty of players that could apply to in our squad.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2014 00:06

Scutterbucketz
Nameless Most of our players would do ok in the premiership if playing with slightly better players. If you slotted Gunter, McCleary, Karacan, Obita, Williams, MCCarthy, Guthrie into the Swansea, Palace or West Brom teams they would be ok.

Read this one time and thought it was bollocks, but then thought about it for a bit.......you're probably correct. They could do a job.

Remember it's not just about being a first team regular, and player's opinion of themselves is likely to be higher than reality.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 12 Jul 2014 09:20

madstadblues Depending on your point of view, viaduct or aqueduct may be of interest.

If canal and manmade reservoir are deemed suitable for the list then viaduct and aqueduct have to be considered at the very least, the list has to be fair to all manmade water contraflows and not just a select few.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 12 Jul 2014 10:23

Should a mod loch this thread?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Jul 2014 12:23

Do we know if the takeover with Samrit is still happening?

I would have thought that if it was off CW and JF would have picked up on it.

I hope it's just a case of the money getting here from Thailand. Albeit that could take a while.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 12 Jul 2014 12:56

One aspect of this proposed buyout seems to have been sadly overlooked, namely; facial hair.

I have no doubt that the club's founders, and probably all pre Great War owners and chairmen would have sported at the very least a decent set of mutton chops, so the tradition is there. I do however wonder if the slender goatee worn by Mr Bunditkitsada is entirely in keeping with The Reading Way.

What do other nobbers think, do we want a moustachioed owner or not? Presupposing of course that any new owner is of the male gender.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2014 13:27

:?
blythspartan Do we know if the takeover with Samrit is still happening?

I hope it's just a case of the money getting here from Thailand. Albeit that could take a while.

I wonder if Samrit has suggested to SJM that he buys half the club now and the rest In 12 months ? Could be a good way round the problem.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jul 2014 13:29

CrispyRoyal
madstadblues Depending on your point of view, viaduct or aqueduct may be of interest.

If canal and manmade reservoir are deemed suitable for the list then viaduct and aqueduct have to be considered at the very least, the list has to be fair to all manmade water contraflows and not just a select few.

If you include viaduct you may as well add motorway and cul de sac

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jul 2014 13:44

flood plain

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 12 Jul 2014 16:01

Creek.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Jul 2014 17:34

blythspartan Do we know if the takeover with Samrit is still happening?

Apparently there was a delay to the intended schedule with proof of funds and the first payment, so this may have pushed all the other formalities like fit and proper owners submission etc

Due diligence was being done around 4 weeks a go, so guessing there are a few minor hiccups etc

8684 posts