Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Buyout

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2014 19:46

Royalwaster
Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22 Don't know why everyone so convinced Samrit is better option than the Billionaire Yanks. The Samrit situation so far just reminds me of Anton.. Happy to be proven wrong though. Also the Samuelson hate is waaaaaaaay over the top.

Because his proposals have nothing to do with developing land and everything to do with developing the club. He's obviously interested in football. He isn't associated with the previous disastrous regime at all. SJM, once burnt, has opted for him.

Everything coming out of the US lot and probably Samuelson reeks of manipulation and sour grapes. Samuelson was part of the crew that got us involved with the footballing equivalent of a loan shark, and possibly has links to them. He's also an expert in fiddling finances and dodgy deals. On the plus side, he went to a lot of our games, including youth team stuff. Woop.

I can't say I'm completely convinced by Samrit, but apart from naivety and over-enthusiasm I can't see a whole lot of warning signs against him. Some concerns over the wealth, but I'm hoping once the deal becomes official those will be cleared up.

I pretty much agree with you - although looking at with my head rather than heart, there are some similarities between Samrit and AZ .... in both cases, there is a danger that enthusiasm is great, but not much money behind it.

I agree with that.

E-Po - deal is for 90% I think, so SJM will still have 10% left.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 23 Jul 2014 20:42

CW said today that he doesn't think that SB has had his interview with the FL yet.

I am surprised that given the club's current predicament this hasn't happened already.

There is obviously a process in place for this but I can't see why it should take so long.

There seems a real danger of us getting off to a bad start this season and being involved in a relegation battle.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jul 2014 21:34

Are we there yet?

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jul 2014 21:49

Uke Are we there yet?

No, it will probably be sometime next week.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2014 22:15

blythspartan CW said today that he doesn't think that SB has had his interview with the FL yet.

I am surprised that given the club's current predicament this hasn't happened already.

There is obviously a process in place for this but I can't see why it should take so long.

There seems a real danger of us getting off to a bad start this season and being involved in a relegation battle.

The FL aren't there for our convenience.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 23 Jul 2014 22:16

blythspartan CW said today that he doesn't think that SB has had his interview with the FL yet.

The interview will be the last stage, the seal of approval if you like..

First they will check finances, credibility etc but they wont waste time with the interview until they know he's worth interviewing.

This will go through, you would have to be Ian Huntley for it not to but it might take another week or two. Still squeeze a signing or two in however I agree it's not the best preparation. Its the season after we will see the true fruits of the new owners if they're any good.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 23 Jul 2014 23:35

Why would he risk spending money on the club for signings or anything else until he has FL approval. Unless he has a few million he can afford to lose he would be mad to spend out and risk losing it.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 23 Jul 2014 23:50

Got some further info, but I've learnt from my mistakes and won't be posting it open. PM if you are interested, apologies if there's a delay in my reply, about to board a plane.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Jul 2014 00:01

Uke
multisync1830
2 world wars, 1 world cup There is something seriously wrong.

Readingfc OS has not announced it, which is highly irregular and means the deal has hit a brick wall.

this is an assumption and you state this as fact. It does categorically not mean this (although it may turn out to be true)

Therefore we can assume that Vibrac's influence is stronger than we think.

You assume but the sentence should have been "can we" rather than "we can" c/w a ?

It follows that our debts are too severe and the strong likelihood is RFC is going into administration.

House of cards built on sand. This is classic strawman territory.

No news on OS thus far = definite administration pending and soon to be announced.

the lack of news does not prove in itself anything either way. yet you equate it to administration. It lacks cohesion and is a logical fallacy

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/pdf/Lo ... hic_A3.pdf

Furthermore this puts a serious dampener on Gylfi's move.
[/qu0te]

see above

Sorry to be so mean but if you interpret things both known and unknown but state opinion as fact or unavoidable conclusions then you must be prepared to be held to account. As it stands we simply do not know what the final outcome of this bid is even if it completes or fails. Speculation is all well and good and can be enjoyably fun but care must be taken by those who believe things not to get too carried away by their own beliefs.

:lol:

With a bonus quotefail thrown in

Well spotted Uke.

Fishing and whooshing are fast becoming my favourite pastimes on HNA! :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Jul 2014 08:47

Charlie boy said on Twitter that Samrit hasn't flown in and hasn't paid any money which he was expected to pay yesterday.... :o

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Jul 2014 08:52

Ffs

JIM

by JIM » 24 Jul 2014 08:57

royal lady , cant find it on twitter,give us a clue

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Jul 2014 09:19

Try the bottom of her handbag

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Jul 2014 09:24

CW tweeted

half has been paid, but not by Samrit I'm told.
he was supposed to pay today, but didn't.
Vibrac have extended deadline to pay until Monday.
was supposed to fly in today but didn't, she did tho
it will (go through) if the money gets paid. It's as simple as that. It's all signed and sealed.

If Vibrac have extended til Monday and half of all the money has already been paid then it just looks like a case of trouble getting the money out of thailand.

Who is this, She though? She wouldn't have flown in if SB isn't planning on showing up.

Relax people. SB is a front man for some very rich people who don't want the fame associated with owning a club. Fair enough.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 24 Jul 2014 09:30

HoneyRoastHoax
CW tweeted

it will (go through) if the money gets paid. It's as simple as that. It's all signed and sealed.

If Vibrac have extended til Monday and half of all the money has already been paid then it just looks like a case of trouble getting the money out of thailand.

Who is this, She though? She wouldn't have flown in if SB isn't planning on showing up.

Relax people. SB is a front man for some very rich people who don't want the fame associated with owning a club. Fair enough.

Not saying you're wrong but it does beg the question, to me anyway, of why do they want to own a club. Surely they're not daft enough to think they can make money on the footballing side of it and if they don't want the fame, adulation and ego massaging then what is in it for them?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jul 2014 09:30

It will probably get done. The amount of money and time these guys have already invested means it is highly unlikely they'll let it collapse at last minute over an unpaid share. But it certainly raises questions over the ready availability of financing for the club.

It's all becoming increasingly dull.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Jul 2014 09:31

Money laundering. Simples.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Jul 2014 09:40

Vision
HoneyRoastHoax
CW tweeted

Not saying you're wrong but it does beg the question, to me anyway, of why do they want to own a club. Surely they're not daft enough to think they can make money on the footballing side of it and if they don't want the fame, adulation and ego massaging then what is in it for them?

Same reason rich people do stuff like the gumball rally, or buy a yaught or a racehorse. For shits and giggles. All chip in and its not going to break the bank

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Jul 2014 09:41

Royalwaster Money laundering. Simples.

Don't be silly, football is constantly under media scrutiny, if you want to launder cash there would be much easier ways of doing it.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 24 Jul 2014 09:48

HoneyRoastHoax
Royalwaster Money laundering. Simples.

Don't be silly, football is constantly under media scrutiny, if you want to launder cash there would be much easier ways of doing it.

Yep, that certainly stopped Abramovich.

8684 posts