Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by windermere_royal » 28 Aug 2014 18:51

CholseyRoyal Interesting and possibly worrying info I got from Mirko Slujukic. He has been reliable re T/O in the past. He doesn't specify which Government though, UK or Thai.

@RobinBendall: @msljukic3 Did one of the key Thai investors pull out of the deal as rumoured a few days ago, hence little money?

@msljukic3: @RobinBendall No 1 knows who really he is & his source of income. After f&p test further investigation will follow behind the scene by Govt.

Maybe he watched us play. Samrit is back in Thailand now.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 28 Aug 2014 18:55

Am I alone in finding the latest transfer activity worrying? New consortium in the process of finalising club purchase, with promise of £5M-£8M of transfer funds being made available. Whilst all this is going on, 3 "senior" players sold for £2.5M, £3M and £3M. Club also bring in 4 players, Fee, Loan, 600k and say £1.2M.

So income £8.5M (yes, accepted that £1.6M was for HMRC with a similar amount due - but this would have had to have been factored into the sale price to the new consortium anyway), outlay £1.8M + unknown signing on fees.

Hope I'm just being paranoid, but something isn't stacking up here. Current surplus on sales = in excess of £5M plus the £5-£8M to be provided means we should have a £10 - £13M transfer chest??

Or is the £5M excess achieved, in reality, the £5M to be made available?

yappy

by yappy » 28 Aug 2014 19:19

I think people are too hung up on the £5M-8M transfer budget. Was hardly a promise to put forward those funds. We have to bear in mind the takeover isn't finalised yet, the consortium are hardly going to put forward millions and millions with no guarantee the takeover will go through.

While we are selling players, if you look at each deal individually they all make sense.

Alfie- needed to sell to pay tax bill
Morrison- £3M-4M is too good value to turn down. Depending on what you believe, player wanted to leave. There is hope that Hector may actually be a better player in the long run.
McCarthy- 12 months left on contract. 2nd choice to Federici. Andersen should make good backup.

Adkins still thinks it'll be a busy last few days of the window, so I'm not overly concerned just yet.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 28 Aug 2014 19:22

RoyalBlue
floyd__streete “We love the town. Reading is beautiful and it’s got a very, very friendly atmosphere."

:|

Madejski & co have kept them well away from Whitley then!

I hate to break this news to you, but the stadium is actually in Whitley

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 28 Aug 2014 20:05

windermere_royal
RoyalBlue
floyd__streete “We love the town. Reading is beautiful and it’s got a very, very friendly atmosphere."

:|

Madejski & co have kept them well away from Whitley then!

I hate to break this news to you, but the stadium is actually in Whitley

:lol:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Aug 2014 20:55

strap
Nameless Why would either government put any resource into this ?

It's up to the people involved to show they pass the F&P test, not for the FL or anyone else to prove they don't. If they haven't shown the necessary proof of funds etc they fail the test. No one would do any investigating.

So another aspect of life ditches the "innocent until proven guilty" philospohy that has served these islands so well since 1215?

Would it not be more appropriate for the FL to set out a series of minimum requirements they believe are required for a person(s) to be considered a "fit and proper person(s)", and then ask the prospective person(s) to illustrate how they will meet these requirements? I appreciate that this may well sound the same as what you are saying, but there is a subtle difference here.

Too subtle for me !
Innocent until proven guilty is fine for a court of law but this is entirely different. Surely here no one is assumed either guilty or innocent, they just have do demonstrate, as you suggest, that they meet a set of requirements (although we don't know what those are !)

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 28 Aug 2014 21:01

strap Am I alone in finding the latest transfer activity worrying? New consortium in the process of finalising club purchase, with promise of £5M-£8M of transfer funds being made available. Whilst all this is going on, 3 "senior" players sold for £2.5M, £3M and £3M. Club also bring in 4 players, Fee, Loan, 600k and say £1.2M.

So income £8.5M (yes, accepted that £1.6M was for HMRC with a similar amount due - but this would have had to have been factored into the sale price to the new consortium anyway), outlay £1.8M + unknown signing on fees.

Hope I'm just being paranoid, but something isn't stacking up here. Current surplus on sales = in excess of £5M plus the £5-£8M to be provided means we should have a £10 - £13M transfer chest??

Or is the £5M excess achieved, in reality, the £5M to be made available?

If you're referring to the Norwood deal it was reportedly a fair bit less that £1.2-million. More like £750,000.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 28 Aug 2014 21:02

CholseyRoyal Interesting and possibly worrying info I got from Mirko Slujukic. He has been reliable re T/O in the past. He doesn't specify which Government though, UK or Thai.

@RobinBendall: @msljukic3 Did one of the key Thai investors pull out of the deal as rumoured a few days ago, hence little money?

@msljukic3: @RobinBendall No 1 knows who really he is & his source of income. After f&p test further investigation will follow behind the scene by Govt.

OK he was on a windup so ignore the above. Thanks Mirko! :oops:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Aug 2014 21:26

Cloth being appropriately cut by the look of it. Suspect our wage bill this season will still be in the top 5-6 in the division. When do we need to comply with FFP regulations?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Aug 2014 21:29

3points Cloth being appropriately cut by the look of it. Suspect our wage bill this season will still be in the top 5-6 in the division. When do we need to comply with FFP regulations?

Last seasons accounts which need to be submitted to the FL by the end of December.

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 28 Aug 2014 21:32

with regards to FFP, I believe that part of it is that the club has three seasons to then fall in line with FFP regulations HOWEVER if the club gets promoted within this time or outside the three seasons they will be fined if they do not comply with the ruling, hence QPR can still be fined now they have been promoted again as their spending far outweighed their income

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Aug 2014 21:53

Last thing I read was that there are no exemptions for relegated clubs. The parachute payments we receive are deemed to be the compensating factor which will help to keep relegated clubs in line.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Aug 2014 22:53

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/fina ... lained.php

Looking forward to all the transfer embargoes being applied from 1 January, including our own

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2014 22:54

At least we won't be affected by it then.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 29 Aug 2014 08:32

Wasn't the last stage of this takeover the fit and proper person test, after which it was expected to go through a few days later.

Two weeks on from the test, still no takeover and transfer money coming in exceeds transfer money going out at an ever growing rate. Wondering if this has hit the buffers again.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 29 Aug 2014 10:09

there would be no transfers at all if it had fallen through, and every penny would be going on tax and black holes

Esteban

by Esteban » 29 Aug 2014 10:21

Schards#2 Wasn't the last stage of this takeover the fit and proper person test, after which it was expected to go through a few days later.

Two weeks on from the test, still no takeover and transfer money coming in exceeds transfer money going out at an ever growing rate. Wondering if this has hit the buffers again.

I believe that Charles Watts had initially said that, but due to the Thai's having to head home, the schedule (if you can call it that) was swapped around. The interviews took place last week or the week before (can't remember which) and there are some rumours that one person was unable to fulfil all of the stipulations. That's rumour though, don't know how true that is. The upshot of it is that there are still a few things to do, but it's still expected to go through.

All of that came from Watts via Twitter and the web chat he does. I don't have the time right now to find all the links though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I have got any of that wrong.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 29 Aug 2014 10:47

Schards#2 Wasn't the last stage of this takeover the fit and proper person test, after which it was expected to go through a few days later.

heard a rumour that some of the staff maybe asked to go on short hours or use up some of their holiday's so who knows....

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Aug 2014 10:51

Tbh the incomplete nature of the deal is giving me an excuse to feel optimistic about current investment - a few quid on shit no-marks when Adkins is having to field the hotel kitchen staff to make team? If this is the Thais investing as done and dusted owners, we may as well give up on this club.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 29 Aug 2014 11:14

There are rumours, and only rumours, it's Samrit who's holding it up with providing proof of where his money comes from. Adkins seems sure we'll be bringing in more new faces in the next few days, so it'll either be more broken promises, or they're confident it's all going through as planned.

Also Piempongsant's son is now involved, apparently at board level, and is also an agent, so his contacts could prove very useful in the transfer market (hopefully in line with NA and not against).

8684 posts