Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by Hampshire Royal » 14 Oct 2013 11:29

ankeny I am not a JM lover, although I do appreciate that I am not watching Thames Valley Royals so whatever he has done over the last 20 years it must be good. It's only the last couple of years or so that have darkened everyones perspective.
Roger Smee actually saved the club from being the Thames Valley Royals.

That's true, but it was JM that took us to 'the next level'. It was down to him that we are now a Champ/Prem club, rather than a Div 1/Champ club, or like the other TV Royals club (Oxford) a Conference/Div 2 club.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Oct 2013 12:42

Hampshire Royal
ankeny I am not a JM lover, although I do appreciate that I am not watching Thames Valley Royals so whatever he has done over the last 20 years it must be good. It's only the last couple of years or so that have darkened everyones perspective.
Roger Smee actually saved the club from being the Thames Valley Royals.

That's true, but it was JM that took us to 'the next level'. It was down to him that we are now a Champ/Prem club, rather than a Div 1/Champ club, or like the other TV Royals club (Oxford) a Conference/Div 2 club.

We could be in the same league as Oxford next season...

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 14 Oct 2013 13:00

A few said beware what you wish for. We all need to hope it ends with new owners currently unknown. As the alternatives are that we have an situation where the owners cannot put money in, even as loans

When do we get to see the TSI accounts ?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Oct 2013 13:25

Snowball
EverHopeful Will be an interesting few months with hopefully a good outcome either way.

Oh and Ian Royal - instead of slagging posters about figures, try reading accounts. Makes facts a lot easier!

He's waiting for the accounts to be on the radio.

Happy birthday Snowball.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Oct 2013 13:33

Harpers So Solid Crew A few said beware what you wish for.

I'd still rather be in this position that in the one we were in before AZ came along! (selling our best players every summer just to fend of a black hole which would ultimately equate to administration with such prudence from SJM).

If we want to keep dipping our toes in the Premier League, then we need someone like AZ. Otherwise we will be a Millwall type club who have x amount of seasons in the Championship and then ultimately face relegation back to League 1, before having another stab at the Championship..

Yes it could all blow up in our faces, and if it does, well we revert to a Millwall type scenario anyway. It's crap how football has become, but to try and be anything in today's game you need to take these risks. For me it's better to take them, than not to and remain a nobody just for the sake of having a club.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Oct 2013 13:39

I haven't quite seen what TSI have done to the club that is so bad for everyone to h8 them so much.

Currently the worst thing they've done is not chucked loads of money at new players (which would saddle the club with debt) and ran it largely within its means. What's the fuss?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Oct 2013 14:13

^ Exactly

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Oct 2013 14:26

Harpers So Solid Crew A few said beware what you wish for. We all need to hope it ends with new owners currently unknown. As the alternatives are that we have an situation where the owners cannot put money in, even as loans

or not, since we dont know that at all.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 14 Oct 2013 14:27

MouldyRoyal I haven't quite seen what TSI have done to the club that is so bad for everyone to h8 them so much.

Currently the worst thing they've done is not chucked loads of money at new players (which would saddle the club with debt) and ran it largely within its means. What's the fuss?

refused to comment on random speculation.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Oct 2013 14:58

:lol:

Oh yes silly me.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2013 17:21

EverHopeful Will be an interesting few months with hopefully a good outcome either way.

Oh and Ian Royal - instead of slagging posters about figures, try reading accounts. Makes facts a lot easier!

Funnily enough, I have looked at the accounts plenty of times ta. Which is why I know the usual shouts of "where's the money gone" and "SJM is taking money out of the club" were nonsense.

I find it rather difficult to believe that SJM only put £7m in given the stadium move, Lita, and generally running the club at a loss for the best part of 20 years, with some pretty heavy spending in League One (current money name). But if you'd like to provide the evidence to support your assertion I'll be happy to look at it.

I'm not great with the accounts personally. Generally speaking I tend to defer to people like westendgirl and rother who clearly know what they're talking about when looking at them. I don't know you from shit, so until you demonstrate otherwise, I've got no reason to take your assertions as reliable. And given I recall thinking a lot of your post was toss based on the blitherings of wannabe ITK but really NITK twitteratti, you aren't doing a lot to sell your credibility to me. I realise you may not care less what my view of you is though.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2013 17:27

Second half of deal doesn't go through by planned date :arrow:
Random twitterati spaculation about TSI having no money and looking to sell (same spaculation at the time the original deal was delayed basically - that was right wasn't it!) :arrow:
Club vaguely says nothing to worry about but refuse to comment in detail :arrow:
Twitterati fuktards and co bang on about why haven't the club issued a statement and how TSI has no money and are desperate to sell. :arrow:
Local media writes articles based on nothing, saying nothing to sell papers. :arrow:
Club ignores this. :arrow:
HNA fuktards assume twitterati spaculation must obviously be fact :arrow:
:?: Twitterati and HNA fuktards proved to have got it totally wrong :?:

littlejohnnyoster

by littlejohnnyoster » 14 Oct 2013 17:31

MouldyRoyal I haven't quite seen what TSI have done to the club that is so bad for everyone to h8 them so much.

+1

IF it turns out AZ is just a bored, spoilt son of another money-laundering oligarch in oxf*rd then i'll get me pitchfork and blazing fire-stick and shove a poo through his letterbox. Till then we have to sit and wait it out and just poo in the toilet like normals and be grateful he's helped us put together the greatest squad (player-for-player) we've ever had with arguably one of the best managers.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 14 Oct 2013 17:36

Ian Royal .....I don't find it hard to believe that Madejski only parted with £7m ....most of his financing of the club was so with loans at a favourable rate v BoE base rate .....so in terms of money he put in out of his own pocket, not expecting repayment with interest...£7m sounds pretty reasonable..

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Oct 2013 17:39

MouldyRoyal I haven't quite seen what TSI have done to the club that is so good for some to love them so much.

Currently the best thing they've done is acquired some new players on free transfers and talked about new training facilities.

What's the fuss?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Oct 2013 17:41

Personally I haven't seen what they've done that is so great that so many trust them so much.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Oct 2013 17:55

Saying they haven't done much wrong =/= saying they've done everything right or that I trust them any great deal.

There is no evidence they are doing any harm to the club as it stands.

If some evidence of mismanagement or asset stripping comes to light, I will be there, pitchfork in hand (all figuratively of course, I am limp wristed softy irl).

Biscuit mane

by Biscuit mane » 14 Oct 2013 19:19

Sjm has not got any money !!,...he needs the second instalment .the ground has been remortgaged and loans taken out against the club .....more than just a rumour ... would the club like to deny this ???????

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Oct 2013 19:20

sandman

Personally I haven't seen what they've done that is so great that so many trust them so much.

I wouldn't go so far as great by any means, but plenty of positives.

Won promotion. Been financially sensible. Invested in infrastructure. Boosted our profile. Said all the right things. Got links to the area. Showed up to games. Done several media interviews. Made logical employment decisions. Not changed anything important to the club's identity.

Vs

Been Russian. Not completed the second half of the deal yet. Not spent irrationally. Sacked McDermott. Been naive in statements about ambition and transfer aims. Not won the 2013/14 Championship (by October).

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 14 Oct 2013 19:55

Biscuit mane Sjm has not got any money !!,...he needs the second instalment .the ground has been remortgaged and loans taken out against the club .....more than just a rumour ... would the club like to deny this ???????

Where is the proof of anything you have said? Just the usual stupid scaremongering without any facts other than what some gormless mate probably told you.

8684 posts