Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Royal Ginger » 04 Oct 2013 18:05

Dick Habbin's hairdo No, Scuttz..... I'd be as surprised as the next bloke if 'my' chap invested in RFC.

However, he knows pretty much everything that happens in the Magic Kingdom and I would wager that there is at least one Saudi - in addition to the geezer at Brammall Lane - who is about to buy 'something'....

What the hell has Disney world got to do with anything?!

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 04 Oct 2013 18:14

Dick Habbin's hairdo Not wanting to pour petro-dollars on the flames.....but I will.

I have just negotiated a new sponsorship for our company in Saudi and the sponsor is a young (30), very high profile member of the House of Saud. He's bright, eloquent and has become a good personal friend.

I had lunch with him yesterday (Thursday) and one throwaway comment of his got me thinking. He said: "Every rich, young Saudi either wants to be a poet or buy an English football club."

I chortled and said: "Yeah, but Sheffield United.... really?"

His reply was words to the effect of: "Just wait....."

Now he doesn't know that I support little old RFC, and he's certainly not stupid enough to plough his family's wealth in to footy - his sporting interests lay elsewhere..... but I'd be over the moon, Brian, if he did.

And all this was before I read the ridiculous rumour on this thread just now.

But may we MAKE OF THAT WHAT WE WILL?

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 04 Oct 2013 18:17

Bandini
But may we MAKE OF THAT WHAT WE WILL?

Indeed, Baines, indeed. Just fanning the flames. Carry on. :roll:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 04 Oct 2013 20:36

Dick Habbin's hairdo Now he doesn't know that I support little old RFC, and he's certainly not stupid enough to plough his family's wealth in to footy - his sporting interests lay elsewhere..... but I'd be over the moon, Brian, if he did.

Hi Dick,

who is Brian?

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 04 Oct 2013 21:01

When I started reading the original post it sounded vaguely plausible (I am fairly gullible) then I got to the bit about taking down advertising at Reading Train Station.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Oct 2013 21:03

Royal Ginger
URZZZZZ Essentially he expected the club to stay in the Premier League and the income would all but run the club itself.

A director who left the club in August has, recently become my new boss. Naturally we spoke at length about the club, and I can categorically state that the above is not true. Promotion was as close to a mistake as is possible.

'A director'? I thought there was only one (Madejski being former owner and current Chairman). What's more, unless Ian Wood-Smith hasn't got around to updating his Linkedin profile, he's still at the club!

Thankgodisfriday

by Thankgodisfriday » 04 Oct 2013 21:54

Hi guys,I really hope everything is ok in the buyout camp.... however JM I feel was desperate for money as the printing empire was going down the tubes,so take with a pinch of salt the fact AZ was a perfect fit....JMs house was recently putup for sale....is this knowledge that the deal was looking shaky... added to the fact that Hammond had limited budget for signings.
All is not well in the Financial camp.....when did we last see AZ at Reading? ...birth of baby excluded...have his reprentatives been seen...?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Oct 2013 22:43

cannot really give a monkies about AZ right now

But, JM's printing thing was not going good...and 18 months ago the axe was swung amongst his employees

I have several newish work colleagues from the Bicester area that were made redundant after many years service working for him,

and (according to them) they recieved half of nothing

jellytot

by jellytot » 04 Oct 2013 23:42

I can contribute a couple quid towards any fan buy out maybe a fiver if my wife lets me.
Can try to sell some of my old programmes on ebay and my copy of the
1993-1994 league 2 winning season video too.

Cypry

by Cypry » 05 Oct 2013 07:34

Thankgodisfriday Hi guys,I really hope everything is ok in the buyout camp.... however JM I feel was desperate for money as the printing empire was going down the tubes,so take with a pinch of salt the fact AZ was a perfect fit....JMs house was recently putup for sale....is this knowledge that the deal was looking shaky... added to the fact that Hammond had limited budget for signings.
All is not well in the Financial camp.....when did we last see AZ at Reading? ...birth of baby excluded...have his reprentatives been seen...?

As far as I know Samuel has been at pretty much every game.....suspect visa limitations are meaning Anton has to pick and choose when he can be here...

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2013 08:34

Yawn. Stop looking for trouble where there is none.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Oct 2013 08:45

Exactly - signing Billy Sharp on loan does not exactly look like the kind of thing a cash strapped club would be doing ....

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 05 Oct 2013 09:51

Royalwaster Exactly - signing Billy Sharp on loan does not exactly look like the kind of thing a cash strapped club would be doing ....

I think that puts everything into context. No we are not struggling because we have made a massive investment in a reserve premiership player, on a short term loan. Where's all the ambition gone? The team is doing ok but lets hope they improve as to be honest they struggled at Barnsley and to my view there only decent performance was against Birmingham and first half against Watford. Overall I think we have been lucky so far.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Oct 2013 09:59

paddy20
Royalwaster Exactly - signing Billy Sharp on loan does not exactly look like the kind of thing a cash strapped club would be doing ....

I think that puts everything into context. No we are not struggling because we have made a massive investment in a reserve premiership player, on a short term loan. Where's all the ambition gone? The team is doing ok but lets hope they improve as to be honest they struggled at Barnsley and to my view there only decent performance was against Birmingham and first half against Watford. Overall I think we have been lucky so far.

:| :| :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2013 10:12

paddy20

Stop talking shit.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Oct 2013 10:13

As the financial expert on the BBC Reading fans should be "mildly concerned" even though this can happen in these type of deals so I have no problem with people being concerned. I'd rather see people asking questions and trying to keep these guys honest than the likes of winchester_royal, melonhead and ReadingDave who skip through a field of Daisies tra lalaing accepting everything they're told by the club propaganda machine.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 05 Oct 2013 10:17

paddy20 to my view there only decent performance was against Birmingham and first half against Watford. Overall I think we have been lucky so far.

The performance against Watford was impressive but to say last Saturday's performance was 'decent' is pushing it. We made hard work of beating poor opposition. At best it was workmanlike. Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be mid table at best.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 05 Oct 2013 10:19

sandman As the financial expert on the BBC Reading fans should be "mildly concerned" even though this can happen in these type of deals so I have no problem with people being concerned. I'd rather see people asking questions and trying to keep these guys honest than the likes of winchester_royal, melonhead and ReadingDave who skip through a field of Daisies tra lalaing accepting everything they're told by the club propaganda machine.

I heard the interview with the so called 'financial expert' on BBCRB and he clearly had no idea about Reading or knowledge of their situation. It was a little embarassing and should be ignored.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Oct 2013 10:25

So this situation is not common and we should be going bat shit crazy because the club's in real danger? The clue is in the title of financial expert doesn't mean "Reading FC Expert, who was one of the 5 million in attendance when Robin Friday scored a bicycle kick from the roof of the Spread Eagle". David Downs is a Reading FC expert but I wouldn't trust his views on the ins and outs of Football Club takeover deals.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Oct 2013 10:43

sandman As the financial expert on the BBC Reading fans should be "mildly concerned" even though this can happen in these type of deals so I have no problem with people being concerned. I'd rather see people asking questions and trying to keep these guys honest than the likes of winchester_royal, melonhead and ReadingDave who skip through a field of Daisies tra lalaing accepting everything they're told by the club propaganda machine.

Don't you DARE bring Reading Dave into this.

8684 posts