Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Oct 2013 11:10

More brilliant reporting from Berkshire's top newspaper.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Oct 2013 11:27

Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: “Those questions are for the chairman.”

Nicky "Nick" Hammond is usually a bit smoother than this. Surprised that he would accept the premise that there are questions for Anton to answer.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 11 Oct 2013 11:46

Bandini Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: “Those questions are for the chairman.”

Nicky "Nick" Hammond is usually a bit smoother than this. Surprised that he would accept the premise that there are questions for Anton to answer.

Is not the Chairman still the beknighted Madejski?

Reading Fandango

by Reading Fandango » 11 Oct 2013 11:50

Yes. I think Bandini should perhaps do his homework before he starts posting such nonsense.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2013 12:20

So in summary
the club said no problems last week.
The chronicle still can't even get the figures involved right: £12.5m was for 51% £25m is for the whole club.
Madejski hasn't issued a media blackout.
There is no evidence of a problem

The chronicle is only good for wiping your arse in toilet paper emergencies.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Oct 2013 12:31

Ian Royal So in summary
The chronicle still can't even get the figures involved right: £12.5m was for 51% £25m is for the whole club.

I'm trying to think the logic of the last statement through. It would imply that you would not buy the Chronicle, so I fail to see how you would use it in the situation you outline - unless you hopped to your newsagent with trousers round your ankles. This is very important, and may warrant a whole new thread.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Oct 2013 12:34

Ian Royal So in summary

SJM actually gets more now due to a promotion bonus. It's been documented elsewhere.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2013 12:40

SydenhamRoyal
Ian Royal So in summary

I'm trying to think the logic of the last statement through. It would imply that you would not buy the Chronicle, so I fail to see how you would use it in the situation you outline - unless you hopped to your newsagent with trousers round your ankles. This is very important, and may warrant a whole new thread.

Doesn't it still get delivered free once or twice a week?

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 11 Oct 2013 12:41

Ian Royal
SydenhamRoyal
Ian Royal So in summary

Doesn't it still get delivered free once or twice a week?

not to me

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2013 12:43

SPARTA
Ian Royal So in summary

SJM actually gets more now due to a promotion bonus. It's been documented elsewhere.

Linky? I remember him saying the price hadn't changed on promotion and 'a deal's a deal'. That may have been specifically only the first part though.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Oct 2013 12:47

Ian Royal
SPARTA
Ian Royal So in summary

Linky? I remember him saying the price hadn't changed on promotion and 'a deal's a deal'. That may have been specifically only the first part though.

It's out there. If I can be bothered to look tonight I'll try and dig it out.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 11 Oct 2013 12:58

Dellor on BBCRB this morning alluded that the whole situation was starting to smell a bit fishy - albeit he claimed he had nothing concrete to base that on - but if theres anyone in the press who may know something I reckon its ourTim...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Oct 2013 13:42

Yet he admitted he knows nothing

Repeat a lie often people will believe it

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 11 Oct 2013 13:47

Nothing he's ever said has suggested that he's over-burdened with knowledge.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 11 Oct 2013 13:49

Exactly.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 11 Oct 2013 14:36

Is the club really involved though? Anton already has a controlling interest so surely it is only between him and Sir John. The amount needed to buy the remaining 49% of the shares goes to SJM I guess, so it is only him that is suffering. I don't know if any of the other directors have any shares, not many would be my guess.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Oct 2013 14:57

CholseyRoyal Is the club really involved though? Anton already has a controlling interest so surely it is only between him and Sir John. The amount needed to buy the remaining 49% of the shares goes to SJM I guess, so it is only him that is suffering. I don't know if any of the other directors have any shares, not many would be my guess.

Presumably there are conditions in the original contracts that safeguard JM in the event that the buyout is delayed or does not actually happen.
JM would much rather the interest on the 12 million be paying off his own business debts than buying baby toys and nappies for AZ junior

Bet this all ends in tears, and in the Courts

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Oct 2013 15:25

72 bus
CholseyRoyal Is the club really involved though? Anton already has a controlling interest so surely it is only between him and Sir John. The amount needed to buy the remaining 49% of the shares goes to SJM I guess, so it is only him that is suffering. I don't know if any of the other directors have any shares, not many would be my guess.

Presumably there are conditions in the original contracts that safeguard JM in the event that the buyout is delayed or does not actually happen.
JM would much rather the interest on the 12 million be paying off his own business debts than buying baby toys and nappies for AZ junior

Bet this all ends in tears, and in the Courts

Doubt it will, given that Anton and his money would be in Russia and the only thing British that will be of interest to the Russian courts is a Greenpeace protestor!

Pepe the Horseman More brilliant reporting from Berkshire's top newspaper.

Indeed it is! Do the 'journalists' actually get paid for this crap?

It's a massive leap from Hapless Hammond saying that 'those are questions for the Chairman' to Madejski imposing a media clampdown!

Even if that is true (and there is no evidence to support that assertion) it's easy enough to get around. Madejski can't be that hard to track down (perhaps arrange a party with free sherberts and tv coverage?). Find him, doorstep him if necessary, stick a microphone under his nose and fire away with the questions.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Oct 2013 15:49

SPARTA SJM actually gets more now due to a promotion bonus. It's been documented elsewhere.

You do know that someone with no inside knowledge saying something on a mongboard doesn't count as it being documented don't you?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Oct 2013 16:44

CholseyRoyal Quoted from the Chronicle:-

READING FC chairman Sir John Madejski has ordered a media clampdown amid fears the sale of the club is about to fall through.

Madejski was hoping to sell his remaining 49% stake in the Royals to Anton Zingarevich before the end of September.
But Zingarevich, through his Gibraltar-based Thames Sports Investment company, failed to meet the deadline and is yet to find the £20 million to complete his takeover, having bought 51% for a similar amount 16 months ago.
Royals fans are now growing increasingly concerned that Zingarevich is looking to sell on his initial stake to new investors, possibly to a consortium from the Middle East.
It would not be the first time Zingarevich and TSI’s Chris Samuelson have been involved in buy-out controversy.
In 2005, Swiss financier Samuelson promised a £30m investment by Fortress Sports Fund in Everton Football Club, which involved Zingarevich’s billionaire dad Boris. But they pulled the plug months later to the fury of Toffees supporters.
Despite repeated attempts from the Chronicle this week to explain the current delay, Reading FC refused to comment on the speculation.
Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: “Those questions are for the chairman.”
However, supporters are now fearing the worst and are seeking clarification from the club.
A statement from the Supporters Trust At Reading (STAR) said: “STAR is well aware of numerous rumours concerning this matter and has been in contact with the football club on issues relating to the matter for quite some time.
“Clearly the position is now at a delicate stage and we are awaiting urgent responses to a number of our questions before making further public pronouncements. Rest assured that the STAR board is working hard in looking to protect the interests of supporters.”
Reading FC last week said they remain ‘comfortable’ with the situation, and were confident the deal would go through.
Zingarevich has been living back in Russia with model wife, Katsia, since the birth of their first child recently.
He has not watched a game at Madejski Stadium since the friendly with Oman on September 7.

again, nothing new, apart from the nameing of NH as utterer of the statement- 'ask the bloody chairman'
but that could be as much- im sick of fielding questions on unsubstatiated internet rumour- as it could be - there is something going on, but i am unable to comment under fear of death by rissian hitman.

8684 posts