Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Buyout

by melonhead » 11 Oct 2013 16:48

who is "the chairman" anyway

NHs comments do seem a bit odd in print- but could be just as much him saying - i have no knowlegde of what you speak, perhaps you shoulld direct these daft questions elsewhere as anywhere else

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Oct 2013 16:52

The question could have been, 'Who is this list of questions addressed to the chairman for?'

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 11 Oct 2013 19:55

'Who is this list of questions addressed to the chairman for?'

What?

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 11 Oct 2013 22:46

isn't it fun to speculate on something we nothing about...........just to add the same as the rest.......Ruskies, no money now and never had any, despite daddys purported billions. Son is a lost sheep who is beholdent to daddy for everything allegedly and it is a struggle to understand how the hell the RFC Board ever approved the takeover, let alone the Premier & Football Leagues, but what the hell do we know about regulations????

we have been hugely duped as supporters/season ticket holders which is annoying but something we can do nothing about. You do however have to feel sorry for SJM who i'm sure felt he would get a decent amount of cash, having invested a shed load (well at least £7M as per RFC per accounts) and now is likely to get jack shit back - my £375 for a season ticket is chicken feed in context as to be fair i would pay that for any division to be honest.

Question though is what does the future hold - new owners?, new part owners?, fans buyout? (ha,ha), bankruptcy. lots or permutations but realistically its new owners by Jan, bye bye Ruskies and lots of years in Championship (which is probably good) and then building for a drive for 17th place in premier, but hopefully with 18 english players out of 25 and 99% of english team.......utopia! (ps pissed as been waterside inn all afternoon, whoops!)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Oct 2013 00:03

Cripple Creek 'Who is this list of questions addressed to the chairman for?'

What?

Those questions are for the chairman.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Oct 2013 00:03

BOOM

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Oct 2013 00:05

Close thread.

Job well done team.

*flies off into the night*

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Oct 2013 00:40

EverHopeful isn't it fun to speculate on something we nothing about...........just to add the same as the rest.......Ruskies, no money now and never had any, despite daddys purported billions. Son is a lost sheep who is beholdent to daddy for everything allegedly and it is a struggle to understand how the hell the RFC Board ever approved the takeover, let alone the Premier & Football Leagues, but what the hell do we know about regulations????

we have been hugely duped as supporters/season ticket holders which is annoying but something we can do nothing about. You do however have to feel sorry for SJM who i'm sure felt he would get a decent amount of cash, having invested a shed load (well at least £7M as per RFC per accounts) and now is likely to get jack shit back - my £375 for a season ticket is chicken feed in context as to be fair i would pay that for any division to be honest.

Question though is what does the future hold - new owners?, new part owners?, fans buyout? (ha,ha), bankruptcy. lots or permutations but realistically its new owners by Jan, bye bye Ruskies and lots of years in Championship (which is probably good) and then building for a drive for 17th place in premier, but hopefully with 18 english players out of 25 and 99% of english team.......utopia! (ps pissed as been waterside inn all afternoon, whoops!)

This is very poor.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 12 Oct 2013 00:56

The longer this uncertainty goes on aligned with Antons failure to appear for matches, the more this speculation and this thread will grow. No one should be surprised with the little amount of information concerning the take over that comes out of the club, we are the football equivalent of the secret service, if this does go horribly wrong my sympathy is with SJM, he genuilly sold the club to Anton believing he was doing the right thing for the club for the forseable future.

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 12 Oct 2013 09:46

howser The longer this uncertainty goes on aligned with Antons failure to appear for matches, the more this speculation and this thread will grow. No one should be surprised with the little amount of information concerning the take over that comes out of the club, we are the football equivalent of the secret service, if this does go horribly wrong my sympathy is with SJM, he genuilly sold the club to Anton believing he was doing the right thing for the club for the forseable future.

If this does go horribly wrong, I'm not sure anyone should feel sympathy for SJM, even if he sold in good faith (which i'm sure he has). Save your sympathy for the fans.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 12 Oct 2013 09:59

EverHopeful isn't it fun to speculate on something we nothing about...........just to add the same as the rest.......Ruskies, no money now and never had any, despite daddys purported billions. Son is a lost sheep who is beholdent to daddy for everything allegedly and it is a struggle to understand how the hell the RFC Board ever approved the takeover, let alone the Premier & Football Leagues, but what the hell do we know about regulations????

if you can afford to get pissed in the waterside inn, if you are referring to the Bray establishment, then yeah £375 is chicken feed; for many it isn't

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Oct 2013 10:25

SydenhamRoyal

if you can afford to get pissed in the waterside inn, if you are referring to the Bray establishment, then yeah £375 is chicken feed; for many it isn't

Actually prices during weekday lunchtimes at The Waterside Inn aren't that bad. However, I agree, £375 is still a pretty large sum for a lot of people, particularly if they are buying tickets for other members of their family too.

As for EverHopeful's sympathy for Madejski, it is surely untrue to say he's going to get jack shit back, unless Anton's initial cheque bounced?

I have more sympathy for the likes of print workers who have lost their jobs after many years and got pretty much jack shit back.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Oct 2013 11:33

If he's only invested £7m in the club overall I have no sympathy. I thought he had invested tens of millions. Cheapskate. As ever the fans are mugs. No wonder I'm losing interest in football/Reading.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Oct 2013 15:25

Man Friday If he's only invested £7m in the club overall I have no sympathy. I thought he had invested tens of millions. Cheapskate. As ever the fans are mugs. No wonder I'm losing interest in football/Reading.

Yeah, some ming on the internet saying £7m means its credible and worth considering as a real figure.

Jesus Christ, do you people believe absolutely everything you read?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Oct 2013 16:13

Ian Royal
Man Friday If he's only invested £7m in the club overall I have no sympathy. I thought he had invested tens of millions. Cheapskate. As ever the fans are mugs. No wonder I'm losing interest in football/Reading.

Yeah, some ming on the internet saying £7m means its credible and worth considering as a real figure.

Equally some mings have also quoted very large figures that could be just as unreliable. What should not be forgotten is that an awful lot of money that JM 'put into the club' and which many people took to mean had given, was in fact loaned. Yes, at very favourable rates to the club and yes, JM was taking a risk but nevertheless loans, which I believe have been repaid.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 12 Oct 2013 18:38

Pepe the Horseman
Cripple Creek 'Who is this list of questions addressed to the chairman for?'

What?

Those questions are for the chairman.

lol

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Oct 2013 18:53

Ian Royal

Says the man who has quoted figures with such certainty.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Oct 2013 18:56

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal

Equally some mings have also quoted very large figures that could be just as unreliable. What should not be forgotten is that an awful lot of money that JM 'put into the club' and which many people took to mean had given, was in fact loaned. Yes, at very favourable rates to the club and yes, JM was taking a risk but nevertheless loans, which I believe have been repaid.

Obviously it was loaned. Anything else would be insanity. But loaned doesn't guarantee it can be recovered. And it's not like there's any evidence of interest.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Oct 2013 18:57

Victor Meldrew
Ian Royal

Says the man who has quoted figures with such certainty.

Generally published figures, rather than something someone's just made up.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Oct 2013 20:12

Ian Royal

A bit like someone watching a 5 minute highlights package and then making a judgement on the whole game.

8684 posts