Who Goes? McCarthy. Confimred.

299 posts
fedders1871

Who Goes? McCarthy. Confimred.

by fedders1871 » 20 Jul 2014 15:33

I know this could be in the summer transfer window topic page but its a specific topic IMO

who leaves Federici or McCarthy OR do they both stay (highly unlikely)

Does Federici leave considering he has been at the club since 2005 and hasn't been playing with McCarthy in the team recently and has on numerous occasions said he wants 1st team football.... we could sell him for 1-2million..

Does McCarthy leave considering he wants premier league football and we can sell him for big money (english, decent keeper, still young)

I dont think they will both stay come 31 August, IMO id rather keep Federici considering if we don't get promoted this season and lets be honest its not looking too bleak atm then McCarthy may hand in a request, whereas with federici he is proven still young enough for years to come...

just wondered what your thoughts are?

ps federici still given 1 whereas Mccarthy number 20, i dont know if that is linked to anything

JordCot

Re: Who Goes Federici or McCarthy??

by JordCot » 20 Jul 2014 15:43

Sell McCarthy with big sell-on and potential add-ons and keep Fedders

We are lucky enough to have decent quality in GK department so If the money from McCarthy gets us somewhere towards a new LB, CB, LW, ST etc then seems a no-brainer

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 20 Jul 2014 15:57

Makes no sense at all to keep both. McCarthy to go as he has the highest value. Invest most of that money back into the first team. Feds' distribution is far better, and although he makes the odd clanger, he's a decent keeper at this level.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Jul 2014 16:27

LOL at McCarthy going for "big money". For the moment at least , that ship has sailed, the time for selling him for big money was last summer when his stock was at it's highest.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jul 2014 17:19

Sell both and make Andersen our number 1.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 20 Jul 2014 21:01

Federici.

But he would probably drop the contract and then lose it when he's signing for his new club.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Jul 2014 22:14

New owner with a bit of cash? As long as they don't mind, may as well keep both. Can't hurt to have 2 of the (arguably) top 5 or 6 keepers in the league. Failing that, I'm in favour of a Star Trek style fight to the death.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jul 2014 21:51

I reckon if we get a bid that hits our valuation of either they'd go in an instant. But I'm not very convinced we'll get such a bid. For all Federici's qualities and admirers, he's never really seemed in demand. McCarthy may well have learnt the lessons of Stuart Taylor and Ashdown, who chased the money and big clubs and barely played at all. And he's likely to be very highly valued by RFC.

Ideally for me it'd be Federici to go.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jul 2014 01:36

Pepe the Horseman Sell both and make Andersen our number 1.

+1

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Jul 2014 07:29

Given Fedders wages I'm sure the club wouldn't mind him moving on, but those wages are probably one of the reasons he's still here.

McCarthy didn't exactly elevate his stock last season so can't see massive money going for him when he's only got a year left.

Happy with either staying, just depends on if they tie Alex down to a new deal.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 22 Jul 2014 09:24

Wimb Given Fedders wages I'm sure the club wouldn't mind him moving on, but those wages are probably one of the reasons he's still here.

McCarthy didn't exactly elevate his stock last season so can't see massive money going for him when he's only got a year left.

Happy with either staying, just depends on if they tie Alex down to a new deal.

+1

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 22 Jul 2014 09:37

I prefer Alex as a keeper. If we could manage to persuade McCarthy into a new contract I'd let Feds go and try to keep McCarthy long term. Better keeper, also with age on his side.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 22 Jul 2014 09:48

Royal Ginger New owner with a bit of cash? As long as they don't mind, may as well keep both. Can't hurt to have 2 of the (arguably) top 5 or 6 keepers in the league. Failing that, I'm in favour of a Star Trek style fight to the death.

If he has a lot of cash, buy up all the top keepers in the league.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 22 Jul 2014 09:57

Royal Ginger New owner with a bit of cash? As long as they don't mind, may as well keep both. Can't hurt to have 2 of the (arguably) top 5 or 6 keepers in the league. Failing that, I'm in favour of a Star Trek style fight to the death.

Nah. Let one go. Both are more than capable keepers at this level, and I'd rather we sold one of them and reinvest funds that we have generated ourselves than rely on handouts from owners that will want it back some day.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Jul 2014 14:08

If I had to choose, I'd keep McCarthy - but I don't reckon either will go.

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 22 Jul 2014 14:58

I think they're both quite similar keepers, other than Feds' terrible start to the prem season.

I'd let McCarthy go as I think he is one of the worst distributors of a football I've ever seen! Even worse than when Sonko first signed and just booted it anywhere - at least he often kept it on the pitch!

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Jul 2014 16:19

Reckon we'll still have both again. Be good to see Feds challenging for #1 this year and both keepers up their game.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 22 Jul 2014 16:49

royalsroyalsroyals92 I think they're both quite similar keepers, other than Feds' terrible start to the prem season.

I'd let McCarthy go as I think he is one of the worst distributors of a football I've ever seen! Even worse than when Sonko first signed and just booted it anywhere - at least he often kept it on the pitch!

How many distribution-related mistakes did he make last season? I went to most home games and only remember him kicking it out of play once.

I spose people on here have an opinion for the sake of it - and it never changes.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 22 Jul 2014 17:03

royalsroyalsroyals92 I think they're both quite similar keepers, other than Feds' terrible start to the prem season.

Incredibly harsh.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Jul 2014 20:06

BraisingsteakRoyal

How many distribution-related mistakes did he make last season? I went to most home games and only remember him kicking it out of play once.

I spose people on here have an opinion for the sake of it - and it never changes.

:shock:

Personally I think Feds is better than McCarthy.

299 posts