SIGNED - Anton Ferdinand

334 posts
St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SIGNED - Anton Ferdinand

by St. Brynjar » 12 Aug 2014 23:40

Sounded like an absolute retard. Fingers crossed he's hiding a hell of a 'football brain'.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 13 Aug 2014 00:15

Who cares what he sounds like, think he has signed for what he can do on the pitch!!!

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 13 Aug 2014 00:21

Bit of a stammer and not exactly received pronunciation but I though he generally chose his words with care and said all the right things - a lot brighter than some team boarders

Martin41

by Martin41 » 13 Aug 2014 00:24

TFF Bit of a stammer and not exactly received pronunciation but I though he generally chose his words with care and said all the right things - a lot brighter than some team boarders

Indeed!!!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Aug 2014 04:51

I like this signing also. I am of the thinking he can still do the job at this level. All 3 of the players we have brought in have PL experience, should be a good influence on, and hopefully good mentors to, all the kids from the academy currently in the squad. And tbf I was not that comfortable going into the season with just Morrison, Pearce and Hector being our CB's.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 13 Aug 2014 09:12

Did also have to laugh at his interview. However I did think he picked out one thing quite interesting...almost immediately he said "it's a real family, just like I was used to at West Ham." I know we've heard a lot of crap these last few years about Reading being a family club, but I've always associated that with the commercial side of things and what the club is trying to do in the community. But now with the squad that we've got, there is an element where the majority of the team have grown up together (a couple of occasions recently - Cox re-joining, Karacan taking captaincy, Tanner scoring - there have been references to players "having been at the club since they were 8" etc) and it's quite exciting to see a squad with a united front. Suddenly you feel like when a player talks about a togetherness in the camp, you don't think it's just some bullshit that's being regurgitated from what the manager has been saying. We've seen how important that can be in the Championship.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 13 Aug 2014 09:32

He doesn't sound the brightest after his interview of BBCRB last night, and the contrast between him and Pearcey was marked. As long as he does the right thing on the pitch, I can put up with the vacant sounding interviews!

+1 to that Croydon, sounds like a very positive camp at the moment, more like how things were under Brian and SSC.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 13 Aug 2014 09:40

Croydon Royal Did also have to laugh at his interview. However I did think he picked out one thing quite interesting...almost immediately he said "it's a real family, just like I was used to at West Ham." I know we've heard a lot of crap these last few years about Reading being a family club, but I've always associated that with the commercial side of things and what the club is trying to do in the community. But now with the squad that we've got, there is an element where the majority of the team have grown up together (a couple of occasions recently - Cox re-joining, Karacan taking captaincy, Tanner scoring - there have been references to players "having been at the club since they were 8" etc) and it's quite exciting to see a squad with a united front. Suddenly you feel like when a player talks about a togetherness in the camp, you don't think it's just some bullshit that's being regurgitated from what the manager has been saying. We've seen how important that can be in the Championship.

Very good point and agree it is really exciting when you think about it. The future does look bright if we can keep a solid spine of long serving players in the team, all of whom know each other well, have good strong family links in the area as a result and are genuinely passionate about the club.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 13 Aug 2014 09:42

Anton saying he was good friends with Jobi, McCleary and Gunter before the move so that obviously helped swing it.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 13 Aug 2014 09:46

TFF Bit of a stammer and not exactly received pronunciation but I though he generally chose his words with care and said all the right things - a lot brighter than some team boarders

Came across as having a bit more intellect about him than Jamie "ENTHUSIASM" Mackie.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Aug 2014 09:46

Pearce should be reasonably articulate having had the benefit of an expensive public school education .....

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 13 Aug 2014 10:18

^this

Pearce has always been on the eloquent end of the footballing spectrum.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Aug 2014 11:23

MouldyRoyal ^this

You spelt elephant wrong.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2014 11:27

MouldyRoyal ^this

Never heard him speak before and given his slightly clumsy, ponderous physique and passion I had always assumed he wouldn't be the sharpest

also not sayin Anton is stupid. Just that he sounded stupid in a terrible interview.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 13 Aug 2014 12:24

Ian Royal also not sayin Anton is stupid. Just that he sounded stupid in a terrible interview.

Idea for TV show: Royal. Ian Royal hosts a chat show where he asks probing questions and responds to the answers by rudely telling his guests they are wrong. Guests must not repeat must not be allowed to plug their new book or tv show.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Aug 2014 12:39

Croydon Royal Did also have to laugh at his interview. However I did think he picked out one thing quite interesting...almost immediately he said "it's a real family, just like I was used to at West Ham." I know we've heard a lot of crap these last few years about Reading being a family club, but I've always associated that with the commercial side of things and what the club is trying to do in the community. But now with the squad that we've got, there is an element where the majority of the team have grown up together (a couple of occasions recently - Cox re-joining, Karacan taking captaincy, Tanner scoring - there have been references to players "having been at the club since they were 8" etc) and it's quite exciting to see a squad with a united front. Suddenly you feel like when a player talks about a togetherness in the camp, you don't think it's just some bullshit that's being regurgitated from what the manager has been saying. We've seen how important that can be in the Championship.

Yep, agree with this.

I don't think it's exactly by design, but we've arrived at a more close-knit and united squad and club, and, whilst I think he'd have had it different, I now feel Adkins is the right man to try to take that 'family' forward.

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 13 Aug 2014 15:26

Not another one!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Aug 2014 17:15

floyd__streete
Ian Royal also not sayin Anton is stupid. Just that he sounded stupid in a terrible interview.

Idea for TV show: Royal. Ian Royal hosts a chat show where he asks probing questions and responds to the answers by rudely telling his guests they are wrong. Guests must not repeat must not be allowed to plug their new book or tv show.

I've got a face for radio and a voice for print journalism.

Tredder
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Tredder » 13 Aug 2014 17:57

Only player I know that caused a fight between his own fans, truly awful player.

That said, Jamie Mackie will more than make up for him in the fans stakes.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Aug 2014 20:09

Tredder Only player I know that caused a fight between his own fans, truly awful player.

That said, Jamie Mackie will more than make up for him in the fans stakes.

Thank you Tredds for adding a bit of realism.

334 posts