Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - Anton Ferdinand

by paultheroyal » 04 Aug 2014 23:05

:lol:

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 04 Aug 2014 23:07

floyd__streete Would Anton Ferdinand improve our squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

Would Shinfield resident Anton Rodgers (who played scottish lawyer Alec Calendar in 90's hit sitcom 'May to December') improve our squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

#thanksAnton

Don't forget presenter of Hole in the Wall and Strictly Come Dancing's Anton Du Beke. Would he improve out squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 04 Aug 2014 23:12

http://www.famousbirthdays.com/names/anton.html
I can't be arsed to do any more.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Aug 2014 00:22

Victor Meldrew
Royal Rother And Victor, I have no idea what poll you are talking about but Ian Royal is, and always has been, a good poster on RFC related issues.

The armchair / radio "jokes" roll on and on and on but that doesn't count for diddly. People who have been STHs for many years unbroken post a right load of drivel so I really don't think we should get hung up about attendance.

Relating to Ian not going to matches-not by me for a couple of years..
There was a topic a few weeks ago where Ian came tops as the most unpopular poster-with his tone of posting and no semblance of humour it is quite obvious why all those other posters felt that way.
It's far from being just me.

Does "semblance" not imply that something only appears in the way described but in reality is the opposite? When I read that sentence it seems to say "his tone of post does not appear to be humourous, but in fast it is"

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 05 Aug 2014 05:34

hope this is true. Great experience to have around the squad.

billybraggsbeard

by billybraggsbeard » 05 Aug 2014 08:47

Mike Hunt hope this is true. Great experience to have around the squad.

Great experience of what, being decidedly average,or someone's famous brother, he's had it, why did QPR let him go and nobody came in for him, plus he'll still think he's billy big bo**ocks and want loads of money

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 05 Aug 2014 09:00

BR2
SpaceCruiser
Victor Meldrew So serious that I posted it twice.

No, it's because you're such a f***ing idiot, Mr "I-know-it-all".

Royal Rother is equally a f***ing idiot.

Where has the nasty screwball been all this time?
His deeply considered input has been greatly missed.
Presumably the mods have now dealt with him because of use of aggressive and abusive language or whatever the exact terms of membership state and either a red or yellow card issued.
I expect most other posters would demand a red and a Suarez-type recommendation for help to be sought.

Thanks for the compliment, idiot. I've been boycotting this website because of idiots.

You do make me laugh with your silly statements. I seem to remember that a long time ago when you got into an argument with Mr Angry (and the rest of us), you made an extraordinary claim that you used to do some scouting (or something like that) for the club and that your opinion is more important than everybody else's because you thought you knew better. Fast forward to today, you're claiming that you know a bit about finance and that makes your opinion more important than everybody else's. Nothing changes, you're still an idiot.

Goodbye, I shan't be coming back to this thread.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 05 Aug 2014 09:33

:(

Spacey, you're by far the best thing about this thread.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 05 Aug 2014 09:34

Until a few months ago Ferdinand was playing in Turkey for Antalyaspor, who's nickname happens to be Scorpions.

Coincidence?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antalyaspor

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Aug 2014 09:36

Spacey is very entertaining in a Victorian freak show kind of way but I can't bring myself to take the piss anymore, it's like kicking a cripple.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 05 Aug 2014 09:39

Angry Shed Sex
floyd__streete Would Anton Ferdinand improve our squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

Would Shinfield resident Anton Rodgers (who played scottish lawyer Alec Calendar in 90's hit sitcom 'May to December') improve our squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

#thanksAnton

Don't forget presenter of Hole in the Wall and Strictly Come Dancing's Anton Du Beke. Would he improve out squad? Yes, if he's available bring him in.

ADB is stepping out with a lady I once snogged, when she was a girl. Think we were about 15 and she wouldn't let me touch her mimsy.

There's a distinct whiff of lavender about their relationship, IMO.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 Aug 2014 13:09

Ian Royal I can be a bit of a twat

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Aug 2014 13:20

ChuckLOLe

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Aug 2014 13:31

A little surprised at some of the reactions on here tbh. This is a guy who's played c. 200 games in the Premier League and wasn't totally shit. Indeed good enough to convinve Sunderland to fork out £8m a few years ago. At 29 he still has time on his side, and let's be honest it's not like we're blessed with much pace and power in our current CB partnership.

I think he'd be an improvement on what we've got.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 05 Aug 2014 13:33

Anton Ferdinand would be a oxf*rd dreadful signing, stop trying to gloss over it with your 'everything the club does is right' attitude.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Aug 2014 13:45

winchester_royal A little surprised at some of the reactions on here tbh. This is a guy who's played c. 200 games in the Premier League and wasn't totally shit. Indeed good enough to convinve Sunderland to fork out £8m a few years ago. At 29 he still has time on his side, and let's be honest it's not like we're blessed with much pace and power in our current CB partnership.

I imagine the biggest issue people have is that he's not played since September last year and he only played 3 games last season, and that for a team that finished second from bottom in the Turkish League. There must be something up for him to have only been able to secure a deal with Police United.

It sounds like either his legs or his head have gone.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Aug 2014 13:54

Mr.Swainey Anton Ferdinand would be a oxf*rd dreadful signing, stop trying to gloss over it with your 'everything the club does is right' attitude.

Yeah well, let's wait and see.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 05 Aug 2014 13:57

Hoop Blah
winchester_royal A little surprised at some of the reactions on here tbh. This is a guy who's played c. 200 games in the Premier League and wasn't totally shit. Indeed good enough to convinve Sunderland to fork out £8m a few years ago. At 29 he still has time on his side, and let's be honest it's not like we're blessed with much pace and power in our current CB partnership.

I imagine the biggest issue people have is that he's not played since September last year and he only played 3 games last season, and that for a team that finished second from bottom in the Turkish League. There must be something up for him to have only been able to secure a deal with Police United.

It sounds like either his legs or his head have gone.

I think at 29 there's still a decent chance he can rediscover some old form. This is a guy who was once PL POTM. If he can get back to where he was he'll be streets ahead of Pearce and Morrisson.

He wouldn't demand huge money, if we get him on a PAYP deal I think there'd be value.

Martin41

by Martin41 » 05 Aug 2014 13:59

Mr.Swainey Anton Ferdinand would be a oxf*rd dreadful signing, stop trying to gloss over it with your 'everything the club does is right' attitude.

Enlighten me why he would be so bad??

334 posts