CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

597 posts
Davezk

Re: Sean Morrison

by Davezk » 14 Aug 2014 16:56

loyalroyaldaz As far as im concerned he can now go fuk himself the twat!
If he isnt 100% a Royal then do one....go piss down chip alley in Cardiff.

LOL

'do one you muggy mug' :roll:

People move on in their career. Cardiff (like Leicester before) have a lot of ambition to go up with the money to back it. I don't blame him for wanting to move.

Why get so worked up over it? At least convey your point without being a complete moron.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR: Sean Morrison to Cardiff

by Winston Smith » 14 Aug 2014 16:56

winchester_royal Of course, and I'd be a lot more understanding of it if there was a premiership team bidding for him. Cardiff are no bigger a club than Reading though, and tbh I don't think they'll be near the top come May. It's all about the money, and that will leave a sour taste.

Probably wouldn't do it any different in his position tbf, but you can see why NA is a little disappointed in him.

Don't see why people always claim it is for the money. Why does SM care about which club is bigger than which club? he has maybe 10-12 years left in the game, he (understandably) will be looking short term, which of Reading or Cardiff will give him the best chance of getting to the PL? right now today, you have to say Cardiff do.

He will probably get a decent pay rise when he goes there as we took him from a lower league team and now he has proven he can play at a higher level and is older and more experienced, and joining a club paying out more. Doesn't mean he has gone for the money.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 16:57

Yeah, next time we sign someone from the same league, we ought to boo them for not being loyal to their former club and coming to us instead. Honestly, some of you guys are unbelievable!

Davezk

by Davezk » 14 Aug 2014 16:58

Slag on twitter seeks popularity over losing popularity on twitter.

The drama continues.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2014 16:59

Has he gone yet?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2014 17:00

Royal Lady When did Morro knock on Adkins' door? After Adkins publicly blamed him for a mistake in a recent game perchance? Don't blame him for wanting to speak to Cardiff after finding out about their interest, in that case.

I assume that's tongue in cheek.....

Davezk

by Davezk » 14 Aug 2014 17:00

The move is sealed when the number of slags complaining about being un-followed exceeds 5.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Aug 2014 17:01

Anyone got a Becky Collins upd8?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 14 Aug 2014 17:23

Well you can take the man out of Swindon…

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 17:24

After featuring for us in the PL, Morro looked raw but extremely promising. Then he got injured last year and came back distinctly ropey. Doing the basics wrong, like failing to judge the flight of the ball. Since then he's not really got back to his best, which was pretty raw anyway.

His passing isn't great and he was one of our worst hoofers last year. His defensive discipline and concentration is lacking. He's a good player and has the potential become great. But right now, he's no great loss if he goes for big money, because he doesn't appear to be playing particularly well and hasn't combined well with Pearce.

With Hector (who I've wanted to see at centre back for a little while now) available and Ferdinand only a couple of weeks off fitness, I don't really see we have much to lose. Even if we don't bring in a replacement for him. We've got Cooper and Sweeney ready to step up and play bit parts. Hyam and Dickie a year or so away from doing the same. And we've got Gunter and Kelly for emergencies.

If we get a major injury to Hector, Pearce or Ferdinand we've got plenty of opportunity to organise a loan.

It's a shame because he's obviously popular. But there is absolutely nothing irreplaceable about him. Good luck to him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2014 17:30

Royal Lady When did Morro knock on Adkins' door? After Adkins publicly blamed him for a mistake in a recent game perchance? Don't blame him for wanting to speak to Cardiff after finding out about their interest, in that case.

A mistake that was there for everyone to see and that everyone was already talking about?! Poor, precious thing. Perhaps he should have beaten Adkins to it and put his hand up and acknowledge the error.

Not impressed by the way he is behaving but, at the same time, the club have brought this whole situation on themselves through the Anton/Madejski ownership fiasco and their inability/refusal to discuss contract renewals with key players.

As for loyalty, we have other better players in our squad (not necessarily CBs) who were quick to pledge their allegiance to the club at the end of last season and appear to be sticking to their word.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2014 17:33

winchester_royal
Isaac Hunt Adkins sounds pissed off. To speak so openly to Charles Watts about it doesn't make it very easy for Morrison to remain here.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-star-sean-morrison-7616088

Can't blame him. Put his faith in Morrison since he arrived, has kept faith with him through injury and poor form, and as soon as the money comes calling he asks to leave. Really doesn't help things, especially when you consider the difficulties we've faced already this summer. I'm sure Nige was at least working on the basis that the likes of Morro would be happy to guide the younger players through, and has spent all pre season building a spirit in the squad to allow us to compete. In one morning that's been thrown out the window and trampled on.

Money talks and all that, but just when things were looking up and there was a sense around the place of something quite special building this goes and happens. I'd be furious if I was NA, and the fact that the club no longer needs to sell will make it hurt even more.

From my point of view though, I think he's an exceptionally average defender and if we get more than a million for him then it's fantastic business.

One of those rare occasions when we largely agree (with the exception of the million, which I think needs to be at least three million to be fantastic business).

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Aug 2014 17:34

Good post, Ian. :shock:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Aug 2014 17:36

Shame :( i like him.

Cant really blame him if he thinks adkins is a oxf*rd though

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2014 17:36

Royal Lady As I just asked on the team board, perhaps it depends when he knocked on Adkins' door asking to speak to Cardiff - if it was after Adkins blamed him the other day, perhaps, having learned of Cardiff's interest he felt his position here was untenable....

And as I said on the team board, if he really is that precious and easily offended when the whole world could easily spot his mistake :roll:

He shouldn't have waited for the manager name and shame, he should have been big enough to have stuck his hand up and said ' I cocked up and it cost us, sorry guys'.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 17:37

When a manager starts blaming individual players, you know there is a problem. Surely, as it's a team performance - singling out named players for mistakes is the road to ruin? Where's the "togetherness" in doing that? If he'd said, we made one or two silly mistakes, fair enough, most people would know who he meant, but to openly name a culprit is not being supportive of your own players imo.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 17:37

RoyalBlue

A mistake that was there for everyone to see and that everyone was already talking about?! Poor, precious thing. Perhaps he should have beaten Adkins to it and put his hand up and acknowledge the error.

Not impressed by the way he is behaving but, at the same time, the club have brought this whole situation on themselves through the Anton/Madejski ownership fiasco and their inability/refusal to discuss contract renewals with key players.

As for loyalty, we have other better players in our squad (not necessarily CBs) who were quick to pledge their allegiance to the club at the end of last season and appear to be sticking to their word.

His contract was extended to 2017 last year, what exactly do you expect?

You really should stop looking for every opportunity to beat your stupid drum. When you stop it, you're a decent poster.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 17:39

E-P wants you on the Royston thread, Ian :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 17:40

Royal Lady E-P wants you on the Royston thread, Ian :lol:

And I've answered him dearie. He doesn't need you to play messenger for him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 17:41

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady As I just asked on the team board, perhaps it depends when he knocked on Adkins' door asking to speak to Cardiff - if it was after Adkins blamed him the other day, perhaps, having learned of Cardiff's interest he felt his position here was untenable....

And as I said on the team board, if he really is that precious and easily offended when the whole world could easily spot his mistake :roll:

He shouldn't have waited for the manager name and shame, he should have been big enough to have stuck his hand up and said ' I cocked up and it cost us, sorry guys'.

Perhaps he did, behind closed doors? And to me, it's poor management of a team if you go around blaming named players for mistakes - as I said on the other thread.

597 posts