597 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Sean Morrison

by Royal Lady » 14 Aug 2014 17:42

Ian Royal
Royal Lady E-P wants you on the Royston thread, Ian :lol:

And I've answered him dearie. He doesn't need you to play messenger for him.

Just happened to see you post on here and thought I'd alert you, that's all. And don't call me dearie.

madstadblues

Re: RUMOUR: Sean Morrison to Cardiff

by madstadblues » 14 Aug 2014 17:53

There was a point late in the second half when Newport put a cross in from the West Stand and Morrison went to follow the flight of the ball, changed his mind and dropped back to the 6 yard line and left the NC player free in loads of space fortunately the ball didn't quite drop right for NC (fortunately for us). I also notci that Mr. Morrisons stride is quite short so he'll never be super quick. Havind said that he did seem a good laugh and never lacked commitment in his defending.

Davezk

by Davezk » 14 Aug 2014 17:55

Dave-Royal Morrison going to Cardiff.. ? :(

Anton Ferdiand is not fit for 3 or 4 week

Thank god your computer remembers your password or I'd be amazed you could even log in.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Aug 2014 18:00

Royal Lady
RoyalBlue
Royal Lady As I just asked on the team board, perhaps it depends when he knocked on Adkins' door asking to speak to Cardiff - if it was after Adkins blamed him the other day, perhaps, having learned of Cardiff's interest he felt his position here was untenable....

And as I said on the team board, if he really is that precious and easily offended when the whole world could easily spot his mistake :roll:

He shouldn't have waited for the manager name and shame, he should have been big enough to have stuck his hand up and said ' I cocked up and it cost us, sorry guys'.

Perhaps he did, behind closed doors? And to me, it's poor management of a team if you go around blaming named players for mistakes - as I said on the other thread.

Yep, weak manager trying desperately to impose his authority on a strong member of the squad. Bit embarrassing for him really

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Aug 2014 18:01

RoyalBlue
Royal Lady As I just asked on the team board, perhaps it depends when he knocked on Adkins' door asking to speak to Cardiff - if it was after Adkins blamed him the other day, perhaps, having learned of Cardiff's interest he felt his position here was untenable....

And as I said on the team board, if he really is that precious and easily offended when the whole world could easily spot his mistake :roll:

He shouldn't have waited for the manager name and shame, he should have been big enough to have stuck his hand up and said ' I cocked up and it cost us, sorry guys'.

Never criticise a player in the media for an on pitch mistake. If he wanted to blame Morrison for it then do it in the dressing room.

Grandstanding and doing it on the radio may be popular to people like you RB but it's not smart to do so in a public forum like radio.

Quite funny that before this everyone on here was blaming Federici for the second in Saturday and now Morrison has made the decision to leave it was his fault.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 14 Aug 2014 18:17

For those Adkins haters out there, just remember all the times McDoughnut blamed Pearce for silly mistakes (most of which I disagreed with). If he really wanted to be here he would man up and try to improve rather than ask to speak to Cardiff.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2014 18:22

sandman
RoyalBlue

Never criticise a player in the media for an on pitch mistake. If he wanted to blame Morrison for it then do it in the dressing room.

Grandstanding and doing it on the radio may be popular to people like you RB but it's not smart to do so in a public forum like radio.

Quite funny that before this everyone on here was blaming Federici for the second in Saturday and now Morrison has made the decision to leave it was his fault.

No one said Federici was more at fault than Morrison. Some just said he shared partial fault with the defence.

Are we really saying that Adkins saying "Sean Morrison, I thought he had a fantastic game, but at the end there he's just stepped up into Pearcey's space and they popped the ball in the net" (slight paraphrase, not going to spend the time listening to quote word for word) is singling a player out for criticism unfairly or unprofessionally?

This is a joke right? :lol:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2014 18:24

If we can get more than £2 million for him that would be a great sell.
Hopefully a % of profit sell on added as well, just in case he lives up to his pre-injury potential and the big guns start sniffing round again.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Aug 2014 18:27

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Aug 2014 18:29

Agreed IR, quite where this whole 'public scapegoating' idea has come from I have no idea.

And for those who weren't there, Adkins had his arm around Morro and end of game and was clearly consoling him. No problem with their relationship, Nige was just pointing out the obvious.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Aug 2014 18:36

So we might be selling a player with some potential (still not much older than some of our Academy players who apparently have so much potential) but have brought in an old crock with no potential.
If it were the other way round you could say that we are building a team but it isn't.

Hopefully Hector will get his chance in his proper position unless Adkins decides to play him on the wing or in goal.
BTW does anybody know if Swindon would benefit from a sell-on clause?

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 14 Aug 2014 18:49

Effigy o clock this saturday at 3pm if rumours are to be believed

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Aug 2014 18:55

Ferdinand is 29' so if that is old, heaven help some people on this board !

There is no suggestion we have sought to seek a buyer, or that Ferdinand has been. Brought in to replace him.

And we've got several players in the Academy who are way, way better prospects thanMorrison. Of course they need to realise their potential, but some of them play a different game to him. None have his physical presence yet, but a couple of years of steak and beer will give them that !

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 14 Aug 2014 18:58

Anything more than £500k is good business. Him and Pearce together doesn't work because they are too similar. Pearce and someone with a bit of pace will be much better.

If the fee is £4million we need to get this done before they realise he is poo.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Aug 2014 19:05

Bye bye

First Leroy and the Sex Tapes

and then the Morrison Urinegate

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 14 Aug 2014 19:08

Loyalty is a word that doesn't exist in football, al all levels, no doubt Morrison was informed of Cardiff's interest by his agent and he has followed it up. He now has no place here at the Mad Stad, by his actions and it is difficult to see, how, if the Cardiff deal falls down, he would be considered for a first team selection considerable time. He has effectively said he is not satisfied here and would welcome being moved on.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2014 19:09

Plymouth_Royal For those Adkins haters out there, just remember all the times McDoughnut blamed Pearce for silly mistakes (most of which I disagreed with). If he really wanted to be here he would man up and try to improve rather than ask to speak to Cardiff.

Exactly.

When a player makes a mistake that is obvious to the world and his wife, the manager can tend to look a bit stupid when he plays dumb and makes out that the mistake didn't wasn't attributable, merely to 'protect' the player'. It doesn't wipe out the mistake and it doesn't stop everyone else talking about it and pointing the finger. The players that tend to be most respected are those who are big enough to publically acknowledge failings, not only to their teammates but also to the supporters.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Aug 2014 19:14

DOH! Fool! :oops:

Morrison isn't one of those affected by the contract moratorium. Therefore absolutely no excuse for his behaviour having been given a very good contract extension and the manager's full backing.

The mercenary barsteward can f*ck of. Hope things work out for him like tehy did with Mills!

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 Aug 2014 19:17

Adkins is damned is he does, damned if he doesn't.

Player makes mistake - Doesn't blame player, puts positive spin on things = HNA Bellends saying he is full of bullshit
Player makes mistake - That was Morro's fault = unfairly singling out players

Jesus wept

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 14 Aug 2014 19:21

Now he has asked for a move I just hope we can secure the best fee possible. He ain't that good and is replaceable. If it was a Premier league club knocking at the door, then good luck to him, but It's just Cardiff!

I don't rate him enough to get upset by this and if a player with average ability like him wants to go,then Adios.

597 posts