CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

597 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

CONFIMRED - Sean Morrison signs for Cardiff

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Aug 2014 21:04

Got slower since his injury last season. Terrible on the ball. Poor mans Pearce. Must be replaced with Hector or a new signing surely ..

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Sean Morrison

by Cripple Creek » 02 Aug 2014 21:43

Shame. Wasn't Arsene Wenger monitoring him once upon a time?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 02 Aug 2014 22:51

LoyalRoyal22 Got slower since his injury last season. Terrible on the ball. Poor mans Pearce. Must be replaced with Hector or a new signing surely ..

Pearce is dreadful. All a bit concerning really that these two are still are best CB's

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 02 Aug 2014 23:13

SPARTA
LoyalRoyal22 Got slower since his injury last season. Terrible on the ball. Poor mans Pearce. Must be replaced with Hector or a new signing surely ..

Pearce is dreadful. All a bit concerning really that these two are still are best CB's

I think you would see the best of Pearce next to a better CB partner.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 02 Aug 2014 23:41

100% Agree

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Aug 2014 07:47

SPARTA

Pearce is not dreadful, he is a good reader of the game, what he needs is someone with a bit of pace next to him.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 03 Aug 2014 08:26

SDR can read a newspaper but can't pass a football. Pearce and Morrison are TWO donkeys along with HRK.

RFC will get slaughtered this season unless they spend real money. Ferdinand rumours are also a joke. Has played only 10 games since 2013. Injury prone and on the slide. Surely not another instance of Smiler being forced to sign a player he clearly does not want.

RFC what a joke team. Division One here we come unless they spend real money and bring 5/6 quality players. Forget Loans & cheapos. The Reading way does not work. Even Brentford are spending money £2mill + where as we have spent **** all. Facttttttttttt

Martin41

by Martin41 » 03 Aug 2014 08:38

Sir Dodger Royal SDR can read a newspaper but can't pass a football. Pearce and Morrison are TWO donkeys along with HRK.

RFC will get slaughtered this season unless they spend real money. Ferdinand rumours are also a joke. Has played only 10 games since 2013. Injury prone and on the slide. Surely not another instance of Smiler being forced to sign a player he clearly does not want.

RFC what a joke team. Division One here we come unless they spend real money and bring 5/6 quality players. Forget Loans & cheapos. The Reading way does not work. Even Brentford are spending money £2mill + where as we have spent **** all. Facttttttttttt

You use the word Fact a lot!!
Facttttttttttt!!!!!! Is that enough t's?

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 03 Aug 2014 09:54

I agree with sandman and loyalroyal about Pearce. He was outstanding with Gorkss along side.
Pearce and Morro are too similar.
Maybe Morro would look better along side someone better on the ball and a bit quicker.
As a central defender myself (albeit in an amateur league) the best players don't make the best partnership. Ideally you need one who will attack the ball (Morro, Pearce) and one who will sweep (i.e. needs a bit more pace).
Is Hector quick? I've not seen him play, but he's got age on his side!

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Aug 2014 11:40

Pearce is dreadful with morrison next to him

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Aug 2014 14:18

marcusopp I agree with sandman and loyalroyal about Pearce. He was outstanding with Gorkss along side.
Maybe Morro would look better along side someone better on the ball and a bit quicker.
As a central defender myself (albeit in an amateur league) the best players don't make the best partnership. Ideally you need one who will attack the ball (Morro, Pearce) and one who will sweep (i.e. needs a bit more pace).

I wouldn't describe him as particularly quick, but he's not got lead in his boots.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Aug 2014 15:20

marcusopp I agree with sandman and loyalroyal about Pearce. He was outstanding with Gorkss along side.

I think that's half the problem at the minute, Morro is trying to attack the ball and almost play as David Luiz at some points which leaves Pearce far too exposed. That drags Obita narrower which means teams will have loads of space out wide, it's what happened yesterday for the penalty

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 03 Aug 2014 16:25

The season hasn't even kicked off with he centre backs (Pearce and Morriston) crucified already!!!!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Aug 2014 18:39

Yeah, but we saw them play last year, and the year before, and they've not showered themselves with glory in pre-season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Aug 2014 19:09

Royal Ginger Yeah, but we saw them play last year, and the year before, and they've not showered themselves with glory in pre-season.

Pearce has proved himself more than capable at this level. Morrison's shown enough to suggest he might be, but the injury realy set him back. The main question is whether they'll work as a pair. And we'll see.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Aug 2014 20:18

His distribution against Donny at the back end of last season was horrific

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Aug 2014 20:32

Ian Royal
Royal Ginger Yeah, but we saw them play last year, and the year before, and they've not showered themselves with glory in pre-season.

Pearce has proved himself more than capable at this level. Morrison's shown enough to suggest he might be, but the injury realy set him back. The main question is whether they'll work as a pair. And we'll see.

Indeed, but i was responding to the assertion that it's unacceptable to judge before the season starts, which is incorrect because we've seen both of them during previous seasons. Generally agreed with Pearce, although he's only ever really looked good next to Gorkss.

Morrison only really impressed when he scored a couple of goals in short succession in his prem season. Since then he's got up to a lot of balls at corners but missed far too much. Obviously he was good for Huddersfield, but I've yet to be convinced defensively. Like the chap though, seems to have an intelligence and a sense of humour.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Aug 2014 20:40

I'm not sure I really agree with concerns about them just yet, but that's fair enough RG.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Aug 2014 20:50

Ian Royal

We have already seen they can't.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 03 Aug 2014 21:41

Ian Royal I'm not sure I really agree with concerns about them just yet, but that's fair enough RG.

I suppose the only season they've really had together was disrupted by the Anton goings on and Morrison's injury, so i get your point. Judgement reserved for the time being.

597 posts