1020 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: CONFIMRED - Glenn Murray on loan

by PieEater » 20 Jan 2015 09:56

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30822059

That's not what the BBC says re: Hatem Ben Arfa

The delay centred around article 5.3 of Fifa's regulations on the status and transfer of players, which states: "Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.

"During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs."

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Jan 2015 10:00

well oxf*rd knows then, we're all full of shit

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 20 Jan 2015 10:58

WoodleyRoyal actually blueroyal is full of shit :wink: - Currently under the FIFA Transfer Regulations a football player is unable to play for more than three teams in one season. This applies whether the player has been transferred or simply is on loan with that club.

This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America. As long as a player has represented a club in a league under the adjudication of a FIFA Member Association they will only be able to play for three different clubs.

However, this does mean that a football player is free to represent a total of three different clubs in any league in the world over the course of one season.

From the fifa current regs 2010:

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one
season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches
for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial
matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally,
the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

Nicky Shorey had an issue with it in 2010: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248600/Fulhams-Nicky-Shorey-FIFA-probe-playing-club-season.html

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Jan 2015 11:48

So unless someone gets him on an emergency loan, he's stuck with us or palace.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Jan 2015 17:08

RoyalBlue And Blackman is so far the perfect illustration of how buying young, not particularly cheap, players isn't always the answer. And our failure to score enough goals could well lead to us facing relegation without Murray. We are dropping too many points because our existing striking options are not converting enough of the chances that they are being presented with.

Agreed with all this. It doesn't have to be Murray.....but we need proven quality for this level. or we could go down. And as you allude to, Murray has brought the best out of Cox in the past.

I find the 'Stockholm Syndrome' displayed by Reading fans when it comes to spending serious money rather frustrating. Save short periods where excellent managers such as Coppell and McDermott made silk purses out of sows ears, our policy of buying (in relative terms) cheap has cost us our Premier League not once but twice. For too long RFC owners have got away with (at best) a very frugal attitude towards making our club compete and our supporters have always swallowed the line we are fed. And to say it is impossible to compete financially to stay in the Premier League I'd point at how Stoke City - a club not hugely better supported than our own - were promoted and actually spoke of working along 'the Reading model'.....but actually took that model and improved upon it, speculated and thrived and are now as close as dammit to a permanent fixture in the Premier League.

Royal Blue - you need to change your 'Location' btw.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2015 17:15

On the whole I agree, but the slant is too negative and dismissive of the way we've been run. We made one mistake in the Premier League the first time with our recruitment and it cost us. It was understandable because we had bugger all experience of going for anything like the sort of players we needed.

Then the credit crunch hit and Madejski simply couldn't afford to do better by us. Then we got Anton and were promoted with a team that needed huge investment to stay up. Anton pushed up our wages unsustainable with money he never had and we're now reaping the 'rewards' at a time when FFP has come in. So it doesn't matter how much money the Thais have, they can't spend much of it on the team without us getting a transfer embargo.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Jan 2015 17:22

floyd__streete ...to say it is impossible to compete financially to stay in the Premier League I'd point at how Stoke City - a club not hugely better supported than our own - were promoted and actually spoke of working along 'the Reading model'.....but actually took that model and improved upon it, speculated and thrived ...

Stoke have the advantage of being backed by one of the countries richest families and Bet365 and they've been willing to pump serious money in.

Reading just haven't had that financial clout.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 21 Jan 2015 08:43

floyd__streete
RoyalBlue And Blackman is so far the perfect illustration of how buying young, not particularly cheap, players isn't always the answer. And our failure to score enough goals could well lead to us facing relegation without Murray. We are dropping too many points because our existing striking options are not converting enough of the chances that they are being presented with.

Agreed with all this. It doesn't have to be Murray.....but we need proven quality for this level. or we could go down. And as you allude to, Murray has brought the best out of Cox in the past.

I find the 'Stockholm Syndrome' displayed by Reading fans when it comes to spending serious money rather frustrating. Save short periods where excellent managers such as Coppell and McDermott made silk purses out of sows ears, our policy of buying (in relative terms) cheap has cost us our Premier League not once but twice. For too long RFC owners have got away with (at best) a very frugal attitude towards making our club compete and our supporters have always swallowed the line we are fed. And to say it is impossible to compete financially to stay in the Premier League I'd point at how Stoke City - a club not hugely better supported than our own - were promoted and actually spoke of working along 'the Reading model'.....but actually took that model and improved upon it, speculated and thrived and are now as close as dammit to a permanent fixture in the Premier League.

Royal Blue - you need to change your 'Location' btw.

?
Reading have never had £20 million a season to piss away as a tax loss for a massive betting company, so we never had a chance to be like Stoke. We have spent what we have, made massive losses and skirted with administration anyway.

Good use of the phrase Stockholm Syndrome, though.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Jan 2015 10:34

I disagree. the syndrome itself is totally irrelevant to reading fans' attitudes to our club spending money.
literally cant even shoe horn it into being slightly right.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 21 Jan 2015 13:25

melonhead I disagree. the syndrome itself is totally irrelevant to reading fans' attitudes to our club spending money.

Doesn't Floyd mean that, despite mistreatment, some fans still leap to the defence of our management? That's what I thought he meant.

Anyway, dunno why this argument has reigned on so long. Its obvious Murray is decent, it would just be preferable if we could sign a player with a longer shelf life.

There. You can all go out and do something more interesting now. Like Frisbee golf or badger baiting.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jan 2015 14:10

blueroyals I don't want another player who doesn't want to be here. We've got plenty of those. Let him rot in their reserves*.

* he can't play for 3 teams within 1 season. He either stays there or comes here.

+1

The first bit not the bit about three teams

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Jan 2015 17:13

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead I disagree. the syndrome itself is totally irrelevant to reading fans' attitudes to our club spending money.

Doesn't Floyd mean that, despite mistreatment, some fans still leap to the defence of our management? That's what I thought he meant.

Anyway, dunno why this argument has reigned on so long. Its obvious Murray is decent, it would just be preferable if we could sign a player with a longer shelf life.

There. You can all go out and do something more interesting now. Like Frisbee golf or badger baiting.

I like the sound of frisbee golf. What is it?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 21 Jan 2015 17:22

leon
Extended-Phenotype

Don't know much about frisbee golf, but did a news report about football golf the other week. That looked quite interesting, a nice leisurely walk around a golf course whilst punting a football around.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 21 Jan 2015 17:50

leon
Extended-Phenotype

It's a poor attempt at humour seemingly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2015 17:57

The whole sign him permanently debate now becomes academic as, according to GetReading, Clarke has said that the poor financial situation at the club means that he will only be able to make loan signings this transfer window.

Quelle surprise!

Next announcement: "No loan players available that added anything above those we already have."

Same old Reading.

Risk of relegation has just increased.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 21 Jan 2015 18:29

Meanwhile Le Fondre signs for Huddersfield.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2015 19:01

No Fixed Abode Meanwhile Le Fondre signs for Huddersfield.

Good striker, but he never held down a starting spot here and is not even remotely the sort of forward we particularly need.

As for RB: I thought Clarke had already said we're looking to bring Murray back.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2015 20:48

RoyalBlue The whole sign him permanently debate now becomes academic as, according to GetReading, Clarke has said that the poor financial situation at the club means that he will only be able to make loan signings this transfer window.

Quelle surprise!

Next announcement: "No loan players available that added anything above those we already have."

Same old Reading.

Risk of relegation has just increased.

We're desperate to stay in the league so I will be pleased with loan signings if they are of the quality to keep us there.

Like you, I am sceptical they will happen.

As always, the silence from our Thai owners is deafening. Hard to feel much confidence in this mob really. If there are no signings then I assume our fan base, as usual, will eat th sh*t fed to them obediently as ever :!:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2015 20:49

Ian Royal Good striker, but he never held down a starting spot here and is not even remotely the sort of forward we particularly need.

ALF > Cox.

Relegation rival improves squad. Nothing similar happening at Reading at this time :!:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2015 21:37

floyd__streete
Ian Royal Good striker, but he never held down a starting spot here and is not even remotely the sort of forward we particularly need.

ALF > Cox.

Relegation rival improves squad. Nothing similar happening at Reading at this time :!:

Not this season.
Cox: 21 (4) 8 2
Le Fondre: 19 (4) 3 1

I loved him, but he couldn't hold down a first team slot and we need someone to lead the line, which is far from his forte.

1020 posts